Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford for Zurhaar, but won't be surprised if we see a debutant. What's happening with Goater?

can hopefully notch our second (??) good Friday win.
Apparently Bergman is in front of GOATER . The goat man needs to work on the defensive side of his game . He has acknowledged it is poor .

Yes now he’ll be named in the side 🙄

After watching the game and thinking about it, Jack was good but not sure how well he can replicate it as 3 goals were from frees. Not sure he will be the marking presence we still lack. So I would bring in Comben, play alongside Larkey with Jack as the third tall.
His first goal was from a HTB free. Can't remember the others but that one set the tone. If he does that again we are looking good.

After watching the game and thinking about it, Jack was good but not sure how well he can replicate it as 3 goals were from frees. Not sure he will be the marking presence we still lack. So I would bring in Comben, play alongside Larkey with Jack as the third tall.

ppl used the same the same about brown, what is your point exactly? if the opposition infringes he gets a shot at goal, if the opposition doesn't infringe he marks it and gets a shot at goal....

as much as we hate the umpires and dodgey free kicks, the majority of the time they're correct. Free kicks are a part of the game, they'll still be in place next week when zeibell plays forward.

ppl used the same the same about brown, what is your point exactly? if the opposition infringes he gets a shot at goal, if the opposition doesn't infringe he marks it and gets a shot at goal....

as much as we hate the umpires and dodgey free kicks, the majority of the time they're correct. Free kicks are a part of the game, they'll still be in place next week when zeibell plays forward.

Absolutely. There are some bad decisions made by umpires but by and large they get most right. There have been games I've been at and thought we were getting a shocking run - and many times we were - but also some where I have looked at the replay after getting home and saw that in fact, some which I thought were howlers, were actually correct decisions.

Someone wanted to drop Larkey because most of his goals this year have come from frees. But the bolded bit above nails it. If he hadn't been infringed, on balance of probability, he would have marked the ball, leading to the same outcome.

Mind you, we play the Bulldogs this week and they lead the way in "frees for" so we will probably all come home on Friday night, feeling mightily robbed.

Absolutely. There are some bad decisions made by umpires but by and large they get most right. There have been games I've been at and thought we were getting a shocking run - and many times we were - but also some where I have looked at the replay after getting home and saw that in fact, some which I thought were howlers, were actually correct decisions.

Someone wanted to drop Larkey because most of his goals this year have come from frees. But the bolded bit above nails it. If he hadn't been infringed, on balance of probability, he would have marked the ball, leading to the same outcome.

Mind you, we play the Bulldogs this week and they lead the way in "frees for" so we will probably all come home on Friday night, feeling mightily robbed.
I remember once sitting in the reserve bay, bit of an obscured view of a marking ontest cause it was on our wingside, high contact paid against Ziebell. Me and the bloke two seats over both go up and loudly let the umpire know that we... disagree. Eyes shoot up to the screen for the replay and it shows Jack popped him right on the dome with his elbow, clear as day. Could only laugh at how completely wrong we were.

Coach Emeritus Scamper
Resized_IMG951321.jpeg

and
Coach Sissy Rose:
Resized_20210507_204521.jpeg

both say the following:

3 goals from free kicks oh that's not good, except the 1st free was for a HTB that set our intent as a group for the day. 2nd was for a push in a marking contest (was the only 50/50 one Ziebs was paid IMO) and in that contest he brought 2 Swans to ground with him and created a ground ball in F50 and the 3rd was one he marked 15m out directly in front but got paid a 50m penalty for being taken high late and with the way he was kicking on Sat he would have nailed the set shot without the 50. So just saying "yeah he kicked 5 but 3 were from free kicks so it wasn't all that good" is just looking at stats and not at the context the frees were won/paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea, not a fan of the statement myself.
Is he wrong though? For a grand finalist team to win 1 out of 4, they are definitely not performing as good as they’d would like to.

I don’t see how the statement is bad, I actually love the confidence we are bringing into the game

That’s loose from Simpkin.
Usually I would say absolutely, but if we need to become a hunter not always the hunted then maybe we need to get on the front foot for a change?..

The Bullies are mentally shot from the GF hiding and there’s something not quite right there so this tactic might actually work. I don’t mind it.

Saying that they’ll probably hit a purple patch in the 3rd quarter and give us a bath 😂

Yea, not a fan of the statement myself.
The statement in isolation sounds a bit more bold then it was in context.

Regardless of result, I’m happy for the players to think big. All that matters is that they show up and bring the heat. If they want to talk about it to embody it, that’s fine. Let’s be the hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back