Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 21 - Demons v Pies Fri Aug 5th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the main concern. We allowed a good lead to get whittled away. There’s no real stand out team this year. It’s like a 5-8 team is going to be as good as a 1-4. Melbourne don’t have anything up forward. We are useless when the ball gets hot. Last year we got so much more from our smaller guys, this year, nothing.

A Jamie Elliott would be handy! Jks

I think Collingwood are just incredibly dynamic and desperate. It’s very disappointing with our list that we are not getting into form.

I wouldn’t be too concerned just yet. Even being serious, 99% of Pies fans aren’t getting ahead of themselves. September is still a month away and a week is a long time in football.

The great thing about the fixture is sides are going to be forced to get on a run before finals comes around with so many finalists playing each other. Dees beat Blues next week then get over the line v the Lions in the last round, tonight won’t even matter.

Surely Ben Brown comes under scrutiny. Every week he clowns around jumping for balls throwing a hand in the air and not really making any effort to mark because he is trying to avoid any contact. I have no idea why this bloke is getting a game in this Melbourne side.

Surely Ben Brown comes under scrutiny. Every week he clowns around jumping for balls throwing a hand in the air and not really making any effort to mark because he is trying to avoid any contact. I have no idea why this bloke is getting a game in this Melbourne side.
... to be fair, I thought he played well tonight.

Insane. As a blue bagger, this is really starting to piss me off :tearsofjoy:

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

You ain’t playing the Bombers now or any other bottom 8 s**t kicker team tonight.

This is the real deal at the pointy end of the season and your dream run of beating the bottom teams by a goal or less late in games is over.
Omg it's Nostradamus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t Harmes your sub tonight? If he was best 22, why wasn’t he in your 22?

I think there’s more scope for improvement in the Pies with their inclusions than Melbourne’s lol

Needs a run in the VFL which he will get.

Pies will get the plaudits tonight, one of those nights where every shot for goal landed, but I have to say, some of the Dees transition play was elite, unbelievable play at times.

Back