Traded Jack Bowes [Traded to Geelong with #7 for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Essendon are out of the running, but I also don’t think you’d have the most cap space, when McEvoy, Gunston, Shiels and likely Tom all go off the books this year.
Last year we lost Saad, Hooker, Daniher and Fantasia, we added nobody.
This year we lost Hurley, Walla and Smith.

We have a huge amount of salary cap space, and the youngest list in the league.

Last edited:

Last year we lost Saad, Hooker, Daniher and Fantasia, we added nobody.
This year we lost Hurley, Walla and Shiel.

We have a huge amount of salary cap space, and the youngest list in the league.
Didn’t half those players leave two years ago? You’ve re-signed quite a few since then too, I’d have thought.

Pretty sure we’ll be the youngest list in the comp next year if/when Tom gets traded, not that it really matters.

Didn’t half those players leave two years ago? You’ve re-signed quite a few since then too, I’d have thought.

Pretty sure we’ll be the youngest list in the comp next year if/when Tom gets traded, not that it really matters.
Merrett was the only re-signing of note
talk is there's 3m in our cap. we've been going after the likes of King, McKay & Curnow (and De Goey).

Plenty of cash for Bowes and probably another 3-4 like him tbh.

I do like him as a player, but history suggests that he gets a major injury per year. I personally am only interested because pick 7 is involved due to the high salary involved and we have ample cap space

I do like him as a player, but history suggests that he gets a major injury per year. I personally am only interested because pick 7 is involved due to the high salary involved and we have ample cap space
Kade I think you just summarised what every club involved is thinking but unwilling to say

Kade I think you just summarised what every club involved is thinking but unwilling to say
I like Bowes. but perhaps a touch bias given how much time I spent watching the 2016 crew come through.

7 & Bowes are evens for me. our midfield is too short and lacks the classy ball use outside Merrett and Martin.
If we can land Bowes & Setterfield we'd have 4 of my top 7 from that draft on the list (just missing Clug, Taranto & Bolton)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bowes can’t get a game for Gold Coast, then how does he expect to get games at Geelong who have more than a dozen midfield rotations?

I can understand if Bowes chooses Essendon. Geelong however make no sense, unless Bowes is happy to play in the VFL for the next two years.

If Bowes can’t get a game for Gold Coast, then how does he expect to get games at Geelong who have more than a dozen midfield rotations?

I can understand if Bowes chooses Essendon. Geelong however make no sense, unless Bowes is happy to play in the VFL for the next two years.

This is the thing. Geelong he is one of many and is likely the highest paid VFL player ever. For the other clubs I imagine he gets games.

Even with Selwood retiring he is still way down the list.

This is the thing. Geelong he is one of many and is likely the highest paid VFL player ever. For the other clubs I imagine he gets games.

Even with Selwood retiring he is still way down the list.

Especially given Holmes takes that spot back.

So he, Bruhn and Parfitt are competing for the sub spot, whereas Bowes would be best 22 at both the Hawks and Bombers.

If Bowes and pick 7 ends up at runaway Premiers Geelong then the AFLs equalisation methods are definitely broken.

Starting to become farcical that the rich keep getting richer. The way Geelong, Carlton and Richmond keep adding expensive players makes a mockery of the salary cap as an equalisation tool.

Other clubs can act like jilted lovers or can get better. Suggest getting better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back