List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
and further to this, our list and core is very young and still performing…

Think unless it’s someone like Naughton out of contract, we sit on our hands for the next 3-4 years with trading.
transition the likes of Colyer, Fyfe and Walters out, bank the salary cap for any free agents that are worth while.
Look for young talent.

Dont want to be like us in 2007 or the Eagles now

Massive cautionary tale here.

regeneration even when contending is imperative.
With Mundy gone, we need a transition plan for Fyfe, Walters, Ryan etc, even with Ryan being late 20’s

Flanders? Why. He seems to have done nothing. Is he playing good footy stuck in the two's?
Probably his draft traits, explosive mid-forward who has been injured.
Worth a punt if the right signs are there and the price isn't too high, I'd expect a lot of interest out of Victoria.

The semi-problem for us would be we're loaded up on that particular draft (Jackson, Young, Serong, Henry and Frederick) plus we targeted Sharp although pretty sure that ship has sailed now.
From a list perspective that'd be a lot of players in that range which would be harder to balance later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flanders is an inside mid surely. If GC thought he could play full-time on the wing or half foward he'd already back in the team not pulling down 35 touches on ball in the VFL.
If he goes he'll go to Vic team with poor mid depth and / or quality. (Saints, Cats, Dons, Tigers).

We’ve got Erasmus and Johnson outside the 22 who project as onballers. Probably will replace Fyfe and Aish in time. Not to mention Brodie who could replace Fyfe.

I’d be looking at trading for a wing to complement O’Driscoll or maybe draft one (maybe even another O’Driscoll). I don’t think Henry makes it.

Someone to replace Walters.

That’s it. We should be adding to the top end of talent. Not depth.

We’ve got Erasmus and Johnson outside the 22 who project as onballers. Probably will replace Fyfe and Aish in time. Not to mention Brodie who could replace Fyfe.

I’d be looking at trading for a wing to complement O’Driscoll or maybe draft one (maybe even another O’Driscoll). I don’t think Henry makes it.

Someone to replace Walters.

That’s it. We should be adding to the top end of talent. Not depth.
I think we should look at Robert Hansen Jr for that Son Son replacement. Plonk him at Peel for a season or so to develop.

Will Brodie should request a trade to WC.

God, imagine if we recruited another genuine, mercurial small forward to fold into our forward line and succeed Sonny.

I've been researching Brockman since Taylor mentioned he was good I concede he could be a Walters replacement. I think he has a much higher ceiling than I initially thought. Worth a crack for sure.

It's the speed and agility combo - recent players that move like him are Betts and Bolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back