Recommitted Denver Grainger-Barras [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

N
Didn't he have his "breakout game" in the last VFL game and kicked 4 goals? He then kicked one point and one disposal....hahaha...spud of a player.

North fans on BigFooty are very quick at labelling young blokes from other teams as spuds and equally labelling their own kids as best youth ever.

We hear the same old shit every single March.

Last edited:
21yr old KPP fresh into a new role up forward has kicked 10 in his last 2 games of VFL.

Some of the critiquing and calling him a spud is a little over the top.

He may be completely open to what Hawthorn are doing. He was pretty happy kicking a bag at Box Hill.

What do you think the Roos or Swans would do differently ?

Yeah thats what he is aspiring too. Big bags in the 2s.

If he moves they will be able to keep him in 1 position and not try to use him as a random 3rd tall

Im not sure Hawks direction of "We want you as a tall forward" at the same time as openly being like "We want to trade in for a tall mature aged forward" would be inspiring the guy with confidence about his spot too.

If Riccardi/Ben King come in, the writing is on the wall for the guy. He or his agent would see that and push for a move himself

Yeah thats what he is aspiring too. Big bags in the 2s.

If he moves they will be able to keep him in 1 position and not try to use him as a random 3rd tall

Im not sure Hawks direction of "We want you as a tall forward" at the same time as openly being like "We want to trade in for a tall mature aged forward" would be inspiring the guy with confidence about his spot too.

If Riccardi/Ben King come in, the writing is on the wall for the guy. He or his agent would see that and push for a move himself
The club and coach have continually said publicly that “he will be a defender in the long term”, but they want to give him the opportunity to develop and learn up forward.

The irony is North fans on BigFooty have been the most aggressive, abusive, loud and obnoxious year on year during pre seasons telling us how good your youth is and how everyone else knows nothing about footy and is clueless cos we don't worship North's amazing youth and aren't rushing to judgement just yet.

Maybe you should offer the same courtesy in return.

And now we see WCE fans wandering down the same path.

I mean at least we actually have youth.

The club and coach have continually said publicly that “he will be a defender in the long term”, but they want to give him the opportunity to develop and learn up forward.
Its the kind of move you make 12 months before you delist the guy nornally. Its not one his agent or player himelf would be like "yeah moving me away from my natural position, this is great for my career"

Then play him in the AFL?

If you want us to call him a superstar in the making, he probably needs to be playing AFL football first

Is there a single post by anyone saying he is that ?

We already play a dozen kids each week. We dont have to rush him.

I get your list is hot garbage and you need to vent on other players from other teams, but its not a good look.

Then play him in the AFL?

If you want us to call him a superstar in the making, he probably needs to be playing AFL football first
Sorry to say I’m not on match selection, nor am I wanting anyone to say he’s a superstar in the making.

Some balance would be nice.

Is there a single post by anyone saying he is that ?

We already play a dozen kids each week. We dont have to rush him.

I get your list is hot garbage and you need yo vent on other players from other teams, but its not a good look.
Sam Frost plays his exact spot. He is 29 years old. and not very good himself

DGB is the exact player you should rush...

Sorry to say I’m not on match selection, nor am I wanting anyone to say he’s a superstar in the making.

Some balance would be nice.
The balance is more on the opposing fans side then Hawks. Hawks fans are claiming he is AFL quality across the board here despite him not playing AFL

Hawks fans are blinded by pick 4 more then what he has produced so far which is understandable.

I guess the question is. If he gets traded, what do you expect back? If he goes to North/Sydney/WCE then would you say Eagles pick 38 is the best you get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the kind of move you make 12 months before you delist the guy nornally. Its not one his agent or player himelf would be like "yeah moving me away from my natural position, this is great for my career"
What?

He’s kicked bags of 5 and 4 goals in his last two games of VFL, in a new role.

You make it sound like he’s not getting a touch.

The balance is more on the opposing fans side then Hawks. Hawks fans are claiming he is AFL quality across the board here despite him not playing AFL

Hawks fans are blinded by pick 4 more then what he has produced so far which is understandable.

I guess the question is. If he gets traded, what do you expect back? If he goes to North/Sydney/WCE then would you say Eagles pick 38 is the best you get?
What are you even talking about?

Unless you’re dredging up a single post from pages earlier that Hawks fans are simply saying he’s 21yrs old, he’s contracted and he’s still developing.

Where has anyone claimed he’s “AFL quality across the board”?

Sam Frost plays his exact spot. He is 29 years old. and not very good himself

DGB is the exact player you should rush...
DGB has played just 26 games, and he’s currently playing as a forward, not as a defender.

Blanck(20), Weddle(13), Mitchell(13) are already in the back half. Another youngster is quite likely deemed too young.

The irony is North fans on BigFooty have been the most aggressive, abusive, loud and obnoxious year on year during pre seasons telling us how good your youth is and how everyone else knows nothing about footy and is clueless cos we don't worship North's amazing youth and aren't rushing to judgement just yet.

Maybe you should offer the same courtesy in return.
The comment was in reference to north and wce fans opinions have less weight due to the ladder position/performance of their team, what you are referring to is completely another topic

DGB has played just 26 games, and he’s currently playing as a forward, not as a defender.

Blanck(20), Weddle(13), Mitchell(13) are already in the back half. Another youngster is quite likely deemed too young.

Apparently the winning formula is playing kids every week and losing by 100+ points regularly.

We can look at Carlton for the huge onfield success that has brought. No wonder the Roos are so keen to emulate.

Not sure how it explains the Eagles being the 3rd oldest list in the comp. But Im sure they have a plan.

The comment was in reference to north and wce fans opinions have less weight due to the ladder position/performance of their team, what you are referring to is completely another topic

Or maybe just be more concerned with your backyard.

Rushing kids in to the AFL and being flogged is rarely a winning strategy.

Though nor is taking on all the discards from other teams.

Huge talent but think he is the type that might benefit from a new environment,

Not suggesting that they're remotely comparable talent wise but Lewis Youngs move to Carlton gave him the kick up the backside to realise he needed to get fitter work harder ect and feel Denver needs the same but actually has the talent to then go on with it and become a staple long term in a team

Or maybe just be more concerned with your backyard.

Rushing kids in to the AFL and being flogged is rarely a winning strategy.

Though nor is taking on all the discards from other teams.
People can be interested in any opposition team or player they like. Not sure why you're so wound up by opinions that differ from yours

People can be interested in any opposition team or player they like. Not sure why you're so wound up by opinions that differ from yours

Differing opinions is fine but potting a young player on a poor game 3rd time forward in a team renowned for its disfunctional forwardline is low hanging fruit stuff.

Particularly when by supporters of far worse teams with far worse youth.

Differing opinions is fine but potting a young player on a poor game 3rd time forward in a team renowned for its disfunctional forwardline is low hanging fruit stuff.

Particularly when by supporters of far worse teams with far worse youth.
Differing opinions is fine.....but they can't be negative, or come from supporters of teams you've decided have 'far worse youth'. Righto

Remove this Banner Ad

Back