2009 Div 1 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashboy

Senior List
May 31, 2008
Bayside
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can Chelsea challenge St Kilda. Unlikely that City will play like they did last year. Hoping for a good game . Tip is City by 9 goals.

I think most of the league will be going for the underdogs, but I think you are right, st kilda city should do them by maybe 6 goals. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing chelsea heights win. Good luck to both sides...

Tips....
Seniors - St Kilda City (42 points)
BOG - Myles Quinn (STKC)
Reserves - Chelsea Heights (21 points)
BOG - Luke Newton (CH)
Colts - St Kilda City (30 points)
BOG - Harrington (STKC)

I gonna tip an upset Chelsea by 25pts seniors
Reserves Chelsea 25pts

Cotls St kilda city by 56pts

Tips....
Seniors - St Kilda City (42 points)
BOG - Myles Quinn (STKC)
Reserves - Chelsea Heights (21 points)
BOG - Luke Newton (CH)
Colts - St Kilda City (30 points)
BOG - Harrington (STKC)

So even after we dominated your mob on the weekend, you still think we aren't good enough to beat Chelsea?

Will be a close game, final margin under 12 points and could go either way.

I wouldn't say you dominated CT.

You blokes took your chances in front of goal where we butchered quite a few. The wind popping up at 3/4 time didnt help our chances but I think were 24 odd points down so, can't complain too much.

Experience plays a big part in finals and it showed. I dare say you guys wouldnt have had too many blokes under 21/22 while we had 15. Bigger, stronger bodies made the difference in the end.

I wouldn't say you dominated CT.

You blokes took your chances in front of goal where we butchered quite a few. The wind popping up at 3/4 time didnt help our chances but I think were 24 odd points down so, can't complain too much.

Experience plays a big part in finals and it showed. I dare say you guys wouldnt have had too many blokes under 21/22 while we had 15. Bigger, stronger bodies made the difference in the end.

BTW, what was going on in Nico's head by sledging our blokes about being chokers?? This is the same bloke who had 5.5 (could have easily been 8-9) kicked on him by a 18 year old and plays for a club that has won one flag from their last 1000 GF appearances?? ;)

That's Nicko for you haha.

I think we were about 40 odd points up in the last quater, when we decided to rest our best players.

Your team was very young, and they fought it out well, but as you said, the bigger bodies and experience was the difference.

I am still trying to work out whether you played against me or not, you know who I am, and I told you I was going to get the chance to shut Butterfield down.........although he was definately under injury cloud still..............at least he has the off season and i'm sure the first couple of games off (due to a stray elbow) to recover.

That's Nicko for you haha.

I think we were about 40 odd points up in the last quater, when we decided to rest our best players.

Your team was very young, and they fought it out well, but as you said, the bigger bodies and experience was the difference.

I am still trying to work out whether you played against me or not, you know who I am, and I told you I was going to get the chance to shut Butterfield down.........although he was definately under injury cloud still..............at least he has the off season and i'm sure the first couple of games off (due to a stray elbow) to recover.

Thats it....it seemed a 10 goal belting was on the cards but we fought it out well. Most of our better players on the day were also our youngest which is a real positive with Biz hanging up the boots and a few other older blokes undecided.

Buttsy was still one of our better contributors but as you would have seen, he wasnt near 100% fit.

Not sure on the report. Will have to wait and see what happens. Personally, I thought it was a soft report. Down field free yes, report no.

Thats it....it seemed a 10 goal belting was on the cards but we fought it out well. Most of our better players on the day were also our youngest which is a real positive with Biz hanging up the boots and a few other older blokes undecided.

Buttsy was still one of our better contributors but as you would have seen, he wasnt near 100% fit.

Not sure on the report. Will have to wait and see what happens. Personally, I thought it was a soft report. Down field free yes, report no.[/quote]

I was pretty much there when it happened, and it wasn't soft, he raised his elbow and connected quite solidly with my teammates head.

The player involved was sick all night, throwing up etc.

I'm not sure this discussion was what Ashboy had in mind when he started this topic?? Is Mimo in contention to play? He was a bystander at the 2nd Semi. Injured or just left out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure this discussion was what Ashboy had in mind when he started this topic?? Is Mimo in contention to play? He was a bystander at the 2nd Semi. Injured or just left out?

Someone has to do some talking. Very quiet now that most people's teams are out :p

Interesting if Mimo plays or not. I think he will personally.

Not sure on the report. Will have to wait and see what happens. Personally, I thought it was a soft report. Down field free yes, report no.[/quote]

I was pretty much there when it happened, and it wasn't soft, he raised his elbow and connected quite solidly with my teammates head.

The player involved was sick all night, throwing up etc.

Which teammate was it??

Mimo had been OS (back in Lebanon I think) for a family thing. I reckon he will play.

1sts Heatherton by 11pts in a nail bitter
2nds Sth yarra 22pts

Div 3 Sky by 60pts
Div 3 Mount by 4 pts

Wierd seeing clays go down to div 2, heathertons div 1 season next year will be questionable again, hope for their sake they stay up in div 1 a bit longer this time around. I don't think South Yarra can beat them, my tip is heatherton by about 30 points.

Div 3, I am hoping for Skye to win this one, I'm tipping it ll be a bit of a close one, maybe 2-3 goals will seperate the winner from the loser in this game.

Div 1, my tip was done before, I think St kilda city will win, but I'm sorry st kilda, I really hope the underdogs get up on this one, even if they are mordi's local rivals etc...

The beer shed - Will run out of beer around the 3rd qtr, needing to go get more. But only if they have more then just boags, otherwise they may run out late in the 4th qtr if they are lucky. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back