List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Murray delisted by Collingwood.

Want.

23yo running halfback/wing with serious pace.

Will cost nothing more than list space and a contract & could easily play up the ground ala Hind.

Get him in please Saints.

Collingwood not renewing murrays contract. He would be a great pick up. His upside is yet to be reached.

Was delisted from two clubs...aside from the obvious one, what is his issue?

Dropped in to see what people thought of the Playfair move, but was not expecting this.o_O :tearsofjoy:
Start of the year seemed excellent our backline was rock like particularly with Carlisle Roberton and Webster missing, the feedback from the backs was that his communication and ideas were excellent.

After about round 5 it seemed that we had been worked out then Gears went down and without his direction we got pretty ragged.

While we had a lot of injuries we've got a lot of spares too. Wilkie came in and was excellent, same with Battle moving back, Marsh came in and was sort of ok as was Paton. Clark was good but Coff was only ok and we did need Browny most of the year.

By the end we were getting touched up by small forwards and leading forwards, even Tex gave us a bath.

I could be wrong but if he's only been here a year and Ratts isn't keen on keeping him that might be the best indicator.

In short a good teacher type but a one trick pony, might be better with good players.

He wasn't delisted from Sydney, he was traded to the Pies

Youd take him for free. We dont have one back flanker that can run and carry like him. Oh yeah i forgot hes not from a private school prob not for us.

Was traded from sydney, and the obvious issue is related to the collingwood delisting.

Thanks for replies.
Never heard of him. But the article I read said that he was a good get initially for Collingwood, so maybe worth looking at. You’d hope he’d have learnt his lesson after a year off anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else concerned about just how much private school boys dominate completely in the draft?

Do not like this elitism that has crept into our game for some years now.
We used to have a much broader representation of all sorts within society play at the top level

Seems to me now it is who your family is and where you go to school!

More just that the schools pick up any kid with talent so it makes them attractive to aspirational parents with money.

Sam Edmunds suggesting that Sydney May get a 1st rounder for Jones when talking about the Daniher trade.

He has lost the plot.

Sydney fans think he's s**t but want a first for him. Pretty much see Bruce, Acres and any other Saint the forum has mentally de-listed.

Just having a casual read through some other club forums nothing else. I assume I am welcome.

I went to an APS school myself which I’d prefer not to name. But played alongside many scholarship kids and they basically get scouted and their full fees paid for. Half of the APS schools have brought their AFL teams.

If you want to know who the worst is it’s hailebury. Not sure if they have changed that lately thought. Used to have 3/4 of the team scholarships.

It pisses off the local “elites” if anything as half of them get relegated to the twos, the ones lucky enough to keep their spot love it.

It’s become a huge marketing thing for the APS schools to have the best known football team as it boosts their reputation. That and their cricket teams.

A lot have stopped offering full sport scholarships for that reasons now all these kids who are morons with s**t attitudes have something called "general excellence" which seems to be code for elite at sport and s**t at everything else.

In what weird little world would this be funny ?

No just no not even close too funny, Just Stop
Sorry mate, meant funny as in weird. I certainly won’t be laughing if he stays.

If he doesn’t go now, I’m convinced he has dirt on someone at our club, it just doesn’t make sense otherwise.

Pretty funny if after the busiest off-season in years regarding coaching movements, Sexton somehow stays.

He’s a great survivor. I jokingly said earlier this year that rumours are after a nuclear holocaust only cockroaches and Sexton would be left but if he actually manages to hold on this off-season I may just start believing it. :)

The new Trout, he was there before we federated.

Chris Masten. Delisted by the Eagles and:

"Gold Coast's reported interested in Masten is understood to have cooled, although St Kilda and Hawthorn have also shown interest and he isn't giving up on adding to his 215 games."

Do we really need a 30 year old B-grade mid? Maybe.
NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back