List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a source who reckons Alabakis will be sharing the number 1 ruck duties with Ryder. For example, after Ryder plays 5 games he will be rested and Alabakis will come in for a couple of games. Imagine a 211 cm giant rucking for us and then going forward and terrorising the opposition's defenders.
What else did your bird whisper?

ummm are you saying players shouldnt use steps in the off season ? i mean he wasnt waterskiing or trampolineing

Quite clearly Dan needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap for the entire off season - how can you not see that ?? 😉

So Just doing some research on where our list is currently is at.

I've ranked the players in terms of who I think is our best in their respective positions to worst.
In addition, I've placed them where I think they will play this year.
Lastly I've seperated into small and tall forwards, mids etc. There may be the odd exception of a mid sized player

Break down
KPD - 8
Small defenders - 9

Defenders
1. Carlisle - KPD
2. Roberton - KPD/General Defender
3. Howard - KPD
4. Battle - KPD
5. Clarke - Small Defender
6. Geary - Small defender
7. Wilkie - Small defender
8. Jones - Small defender
9. Savage - Small defender
10. Webster - Small Defender
11. Brown* - KPD
12. Coffield - Small defender
13. Paton - Small defender
14. Marsh - Small defender/KPD
15. Austin - KPD
16. Joyce - KPD
17. Clavarino - KPD

Mids (big is over 185cm non inclusive)

Break down
Big Mids - 5 but 2 are wingers
Small mids - 7
1. Ross - Big Mid
2. Hill - small mid
3. Billings - small mid
4. Hannebry - small mid
5. Gresham - small mid
6. Steele - Big mid
7. Dunstan - Small mid
8. Sinclair - small mid
9. Newnes* - Big mid
10. Phillips - Big mid
11. Langlands - Big mid
12. Bytel - Big mid

Forwards

Break down
Small/mid - 7
KPF - 3 Including McCartin but not including Ryder.
1. Membrey - small Fwd /Medium Fwd
2. King KPF
3. Kent Small
4. Lonie - Small
5. Butler - small
6. Parker - Mid size
7. Long - Small/Mid
8. Hind - small
9. Mccartin* - KPF
10. Mayo - KPF

Ruck
1. Marshal
2. Ryder
3. Alabakis

Analysis

At this stage there are some obvious results.
1. We have way to many defender, more specifically we have to manny small defenders. Some like Paton, Coff, Clarke and Jones will probably play higher up the ground but to me at this stage their dominant position is in defence. It's easily our line with the most depth but I think we;ve just got way too many talented players who are gonna struggle to get opportunity. To me there is a fine line between selection pressure and just too many viying for the same spot. You need to allow guys to have confidence to make mistakes etc etc.

2. We are still very light on in the ruck stocks. One injury and we are basically screwed. Think we'll need to draft one in (potentially Biggy.)

3. After trading Acres we are exceptionally light on for big bodied mids with really only two on the inside. This has me worried TBH.

4. Following on from our ruck, issues I think more concerning is the lack of hieght in the forward line. The pressure on membrey and King this year will be huge and I think we're gonna struggle with out Bruce. So one would think that Battle may move back forward epspecially if Robo is back. Even so I think we are really tight in the forward line. In addition, we are very inexperianced, it was very difficult to rank the forwards.

Howard has rucked before and has the height and agility to do it.
I'd say that if one of Marshall or Ryder couldn't play, we'd get by with just one of them, with someone pinch hitting.
If both were injured we'd need Howard to ruck , and play someone else in the back line. ( luckily plenty of options ).

Biggy has rucked and done pretty well, he is fast and has a good leap, but he's Majak Daw sized though, which is a bit short to be anything more than an Emergency ruck. ( Though , with the current shortage of rucks i wonder if the height will trend back downward ).

Just for reference for our player heights.

Alabakis 211. But no sign he will play any time soon.
King 202. So far just a forward. Please no ruck yet. ( not until Ryder retires ).
Marshall 201. Ruck/Fwd
Carlisle 200. Not sure if he could ruck even as a last ditch emergency. Has some ability one on one, but his strength is CHB ,intercept.
Howard 199. Has played fwd back, and in the ruck on odd occasions.
Ryder 197 Ruck/Fwd
Clavarino 197. Intercept? One on one?
Brown 196
Austin 196 More a rebounder, not an accountable key position player.
Joyce 195. Wouldn't mind if we gave him some ruck training just in case. Developing , needs to tidy up his skills a bit.
McCartin : Let it play out i suppose.
Roberton 194. Rebounder, plays small, not very good one on one against a tall.
Marsh 194 maybe a bit more accountable man on man, but probably not against the best/ biggest forwards.
Battle 193. Probably not great 1 on 1 in defences. Swing fwd or chb.
Mayo 192. More a mobile forward, may even make it to the wing.
Wilkie 191.
Coffield 191. Rebounding Defender. Mid?
Membrey 190. Plays taller than he is.
Parker 190 Plays shorter, but can clunk a mark.

I have a source who reckons Alabakis will be sharing the number 1 ruck duties with Ryder. For example, after Ryder plays 5 games he will be rested and Alabakis will come in for a couple of games. Imagine a 211 cm giant rucking for us and then going forward and terrorising the opposition's defenders.

I reckon your source is real dodgy.

Wait, wot!
Isn't he still a broomstick with arms?

The Herald Sun can reveal Hannebery’s latest setback came when he stumbled on some outdoor steps at his sister’s house in Perth.

The midfielder fractured a metatarsal bone in his right foot in the midmorning accident, which occurred at the start of the week.
yeah, there's 5 metatarsals, and if he did it rolling his ankle it's most likely the fifth metatarsal which takes the least weight. It's like breaking a pinkie over a thumb, thumb is a big deal, pinkie not so. Also I broke my fifth metatarsal when someone stood on my foot mid tackle, it healed up fine and there are no lingering effects at all.

I think you have been on the sauce. Do you actually know where he played this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone give me a better understanding of hill's knee issue like will it not be gone into the new season or is it something that just has to be managed ect

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app
From all reports, sounds pretty minor. A small tear in his meniscus that he didnt even know he had. Played the season with it and only found out about it when the club gave him a medical. He has been training so it hasn't stopped him from doing over the off season and will probably just have some load managed throughout preseason.

So far

Outs

White
Rice
Young
Armo
Longer
Pierce
Steven
Bruce
Acres
Possible Newnes and Brown

Ins

Howard
Ryder
Hill
Jones
Butler
Marsh as Robbo plays on
Wilkie- upgrade

So 4 spots?? 2 x draft + 2 x rookie?

Hanners fractured bone in foot 8 weeks. Stumbled down some steps apparently.

Season gone fractured feet ruin peoples careers let alone seasons. No preseason yet again.

Lemons are ******* expensive these day.
Speaking of lemons, I reckon your facial expression would be that of someone sucking on a lemon. Why are you always sour?

A couple of days after trade period and I actually think we did alright with hill trade. 10+future2nd for hill. Acres netted us future 3rd.

Remaining 2 x picks are 4th round or junk picks..58 this year will be a pick around 65 with bids/NGA and next yrs 4th is even worse with a compromised draft

your source is on the sauce ... Alabakis will not be first ruck for Sandy next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back