List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a source who reckons Alabakis will be sharing the number 1 ruck duties with Ryder. For example, after Ryder plays 5 games he will be rested and Alabakis will come in for a couple of games. Imagine a 211 cm giant rucking for us and then going forward and terrorising the opposition's defenders.
I doubt your source.
Alabakis currently has trouble kicking a football, let alone rucking in an AFL game.

Cant do his offseason program so that 8 weeks behind for starters. Hes the last person who needs a seperate injury from his usual awareness. 800k toilet.

AGAIN.
hes an older player so much like we did with Rooey later in his carreer we dont need to build on that base fitness cause after this long playing AFL footy that base is there .. he would be on a lower intensity program for his age anyway .. and its a broken foot it just means he would have to be doing more on the bike and working core and upper body earlyier ...
not every thing is end of the world

I can’t tell if you’re a troll or just the biggest sourpuss the world has ever seen...
just some history... for as long as i have been on forums about St Kilda every off season a poster with the name form of Nexus (nick , Helen , joe, Citywest) comes out and tells us how terribly dumb the club is and we should trade everyone for draft picks and build a super team of draft pick kids ... every year the same thing and every year we would laugh at the suggestion ... i think this person just wants St Kilda to be an under 21's team

Gresham is our group one horse. Ratten is keen to play him a lot more forward by the sounds of it.

Out of all our small forwards, there is only one other after Gresh that has kicked 30 goals in a year though.

Butler.

I'm not sure how he will go at the Saints, but he has more runs on the board than the other small forwards.
Sounds like we shopped him around. Funny kind of love.

Spare a thought for Browny, at 31 and with a young family he must be nervous as heck. Got a lot on the line. Either 250-300k next year or nothing, start a new career.
Don't mind giving him the extra year, he's been alright for us.
I'm sure he is well set up financially by now.
Obv that money extra would be nice but I'm sure he would get by on bank/ future coaching job or playing local footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare a thought for Browny, at 31 and with a young family he must be nervous as heck. Got heaps on the line. Either 250-300k next year or nothing, start a new career.
Lethers and Gags have said in recent days that we are trying to find a way to keep Brown on the list next year, so maybe delisted a contracted Young is so we can keep him around.

Can someone please explain our list position as in how many spots are actually left and how many we can take at the draft as gaggs said on the interview after trade period we are looking at doing pick swaps and taking 3 In the draft

Can someone please explain our list position as in how many spots are actually left and how many we can take at the draft as gaggs said on the interview after trade period we are looking at doing pick swaps and taking 3 In the draft

OUT
1 - Steven
2 - Acres
3 - Longer
4 - Armitage
5 - Bruce
6 - White
7 - Rice
8 - Young

IN
1 - Hill
2 - Butler
3 - Ryder
4 - Jones
5 - Howard
6 - Pick 51
7 - Pick 82 - Biggy Nyuon
8 - Pick 100 - Joyce upgrade

As of right now both Jack Newnes and Nath Brown can stay on the senior list with zero impact on our draft position.

We have to upgrade Joyce as he can no longer be a listed rookie and one of our picks will be used to sign Biggy. There is some talk that we want to upgrade Wilkie after his awesome debut season. It's possible we might delist Brown and re-draft him as a rookie to essentially swap their places on the list.

If Newnes leaves then it frees up pick 120ish so we can also use that spot for Wilkie or hold it over until the preseason to sign a supplimental list player ala Jon Marsh or Sydney Stack. If Newnes stays then it won't impact us other than salary.

The ideal situation would be that a solid state level ruck slides to pick 51 for us and that we can use our later pick on Biggy. If a bid comes on Biggy before 51 then we just look for that ruckman later on in the draft or with a rookie spot.

It's also been confirmed that GWS are trying to move OUT of pick 6 as the Swans gear up to bid on academy prospect Tom Green with pick 5.

So far the Dees have turned down a deal for pick 3 going to the Giants in exchange for 6 and the Giants 2020 1st rounder. No word on what else was going back to the Dees but I would be happy with us trying to flip our first pick next year into pick 6 this year. GWS can then use points from 40, 51 (from us), 59 and 60 for Green, while we get a top 6 draft pick for one of Flanders, Ash or Serong.

We can then look at the Ben King situation at the end of 2021. He will have 12 months left on a contract and we will be armed with 2 x first round picks and (hopefully) the lure of finals!!

Last edited:
Spare a thought for Browny, at 31 and with a young family he must be nervous as heck. Got heaps on the line. Either 250-300k next year or nothing, start a new career.
He's managed to do what most people only dream of and not many of them get to do it until 31.

He's been a.terrifjc servant of the club for 3 years but it's time to move on and give others a chance.

Sign him up at Sandy and give him a development role.

OUT
1 - Steven
2 - Acres
3 - Longer
4 - Armitage
5 - Bruce
6 - White
7 - Rice
8 - Young

IN
1 - Hill
2 - Butler
3 - Ryder
4 - Jones
5 - Howard
6 - Pick 51
7 - Pick 82 - Biggy Nyuon
8 - Pick 100 - Joyce upgrade

As of right now both Jack Newnes and Nath Brown can stay on the senior list with zero impact on our draft position.

We have to upgrade Joyce as he can no longer be a listed rookie and one of our picks will be used to sign Biggy. There is some talk that we want to upgrade Wilkie after his awesome debut season. It's possible we might delist Brown and re-draft him as a rookie to essentially swap their places on the list.

If Newnes leaves then it frees up pick 120ish so we can also use that spot for Wilkie or hold it over until the preseason to sign a supplimental list player ala Jon Marsh or Sydney Stack. If Newnes stays then it won't impact us other than salary.

The ideal situation would be that a solid state level ruck slides to pick 51 for us and that we can use our later pick on Biggy. If a bid comes on Biggy before 51 then we just look for that ruckman later on in the draft or with a rookie spot.

It's also been confirmed that GWS are trying to move OUT of pick 6 as the Swans gear up to bid on academy prospect Tom Green with pick 5.

So far the Dees have turned down a deal for pick 3 going to the Giants in exchange for 6 and the Giants 2020 1st rounder. No word on what else was going back to the Dees but I would be happy with us trying to flip our first pick next year into pick 6 this year. GWS can then use points from 40, 51 (from us), 59 and 60 for Green, while we get a top 6 draft pick for one of Flanders, Ash or Serong.

We can then look at the Ben King situation at the end of 2021. He will have 12 months left on a contract and we will be armed with 2 x first round picks and (hopefully) the lure of finals!!
We can't trade our future first round pick as weve already traded future picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back