Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t it horrible? Don’t know if Devon is worth the money given he was average last year, Heeney seems like 90 is his peak. Steven might offer some value if he can get back to his best but the jury is out. The other thing is the forward rookies aren’t great either
The lack of rookies is the worst part. I can't go light on premium/mid pricers up FWD because there's no lesser options to even replace them with! Right now I've got Taheny, who I've got big wraps on, Rankine and Hosie/King rounding out the bench.

The lack of rookies is the worst part. I can't go light on premium/mid pricers up FWD because there's no lesser options to even replace them with! Right now I've got Taheny, who I've got big wraps on, Rankine and Hosie/King rounding out the bench.
Good luck with Taheny getting a game at Geelong

fu** off Franklin
Better now, with unlimited trades/team set up than a quarter into round 1.
The below scenarios are all to familiar,

Rd1. Post game swans "yeh he's carried some soreness throughout the pre season, we thought it was just the extra workload but now he's off for scans"
Next minute, doesn't play for 10 weeks.

Did anybody else get a notification from the AFL app for an injured Sydney superstar and think it was going to be James Rose or something lol. Usually clickbait

I can't see McEvoy playing defence more than 3 or 4 weeks, so I'll be steering well clear of Ceglar
I have Cegs as my R2 at the moment. Big Boy has been training with the defenders so far and with Cegs signing on for a few more years, it would suggest he'll be given more time as the primary ruck. Though, with Frost coming in, I don't really understand how McEvoy fits in down there. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on, both as a Hawks fan and a Fantasy player. I can understand the concerns but could be worth rolling the dice on. If anything, my biggest concern with him is staying fit and uninjured.

Did anybody else get a notification from the AFL app for an injured Sydney superstar and think it was going to be James Rose or something lol. Usually clickbait
"Melbourne Superstar *James Harmes* is tearing it up on the track"

But in all seriousness, the AFL.com.au actually have these "codes" on who they can call what, i.e only Buddy/Dusty/Cripps and a few others can be called "superstars", younger players are "emerging stars" etc.

The issue is that all their categories sound good, so even like th elow ones for you run of the mill type players are called "guns" or something similar. Makes all the news sound way more important than it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The week before rd 1...and they should iron out most of the issues with the app by the first bye round

Seriously, it's likely to be late Jan

I can never remember when it opens, they appear to be on a 3 day cycle for teams, they have 7 to go - so late Jan seems about right.

Pretty happy with my structure at the moment

Pretty heavy in the midfield

Dunkley
Coniglio
J.Omeara/T.Adams
Titchell
A.Brayshaw (Melb)
C.Ward
M.Rowell (Not 100% sold)
M.Pickett

The forward line is the weakest line ive seen in fantasy for a hell of a long time. But i quite like the challenge. Probably looking to play pretty safe at the top end with Dusty and Heeney then taking risk on guys like A.brayshaw (Frem), Bewley, LDU, C.Jones all in the mix. As mentioned before rookies are the worse it seems in the forwardline. Maybe Bergman at F6 could be an option but rookies in the forwards always score the worse.

I liked Buddy until today aswell

Plenty of value and interesting options down back

Rucks at the moment i cant afford Grundy but he will no doubt be strongly considered and very hard to start without

Pretty happy with my structure at the moment

Pretty heavy in the midfield

Dunkley
Coniglio
J.Omeara/T.Adams
Titchell
A.Brayshaw (Melb)
C.Ward
M.Rowell (Not 100% sold)
M.Pickett

The forward line is the weakest line ive seen in fantasy for a hell of a long time. But i quite like the challenge. Probably looking to play pretty safe at the top end with Dusty and Heeney then taking risk on guys like A.brayshaw (Frem), Bewley, LDU, C.Jones all in the mix. As mentioned before rookies are the worse it seems in the forwardline. Maybe Bergman at F6 could be an option but rookies in the forwards always score the worse.

I liked Buddy until today aswell

Plenty of value and interesting options down back

Rucks at the moment i cant afford Grundy but he will no doubt be strongly considered and very hard to start without
That midfield looks really good man. Personally I think Dunkley could just about be the number 1 mid this season, but let’s keep that quiet. I’ve had Brayshaw in and out of my side. Don’t know whether his big season was just an aberration or not. What do you see him averaging? Priced at 88, possibly 20 unders if he got back to 2018 form

Surely Westhoff is more than adequate support? Port felt too top heavy to me ya I g all of Dixon, Hoff, Ryder and Lycett
Not sure what’s to be believed this early on but article on AFL site a few days back listed Westy as playing in defence this year. Could be smoke and mirrors though

Surely Westhoff is more than adequate support? Port felt too top heavy to me ya I g all of Dixon, Hoff, Ryder and Lycett

Westhoff is playing down back this year
I think ladhams and lycett will rotate ruck fwd with stints on the bench. I do agree its too top heavy but im not sure if the coaches can see that.

Westhoff is playing down back this year
I think ladhams and lycett will rotate ruck fwd with stints on the bench. I do agree its too top heavy but im not sure if the coaches can see that.
If it backfires how much pressure will be on Hinkley to change it up? I’d hazard a guess that he’s probably got a fair bit of pressure on him going into this season already

Port have lost a few talls in Dougal Howard and Ryder

Westhoff, Clurey, Jonas, Burton down back (Unsure if Watts is best 22 anymore)

Dixon, Marshall Fwd

Lycett Ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back