List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually couldn’t be bothered posting recently because people are always carrying on.

But we had what the second or third youngest list in the comp this season?

We have said our first is going to the draft to land a kid.

People on this board bitched and moaned when Carlisle got dropped and then you bitched and moaned when we had no replacement in the final and then we bitched and moaned when he was average at times throughout the season.

For one year. We can bring in a bloke to just play a role and keep Carlisle on his toes and provide depth to a very shallow area for us.

* maybe he might teach a few things to Wilkie and Howard.

Put please bitch and moan some more.

Mine isn't but I have blocked twitter regardless as don't use it, so every time I click on one it's accepting like 8 goddamn JS to even see words.

windows+Shift+S FFS people, windows print screen selection to clipboard, twitter without everyone needing twitter!

Wait are you saying if I use that shortcut I can see on the clipboard what they can see on Twitter?

Yeah think the big issue when he played in back half at Sandringham he would try to run the ball out
too fast which effected his disposal, the coaches slowed his mindset to lowering his eyes more and he
improved , think the move forward was to have speed at the feet of King , Marshall & Membrey ...
this is what Butler brings & together with Gresham and now Higgins ( hopefully) can see he is surplus ,
think Lonie is too .

Paton & Long have hurt his ( Hind ) opportunities because they are tougher types and with Roberton still
a year to run on his contract , nice problem to have with guys like Connolly who isn’t slow kicks the
ball either foot magnificently developing nicely.

Funny when I watch Saad play against the good teams they march him to goal square and for me
he struggles when being asked to defend deep, little doubt he is electric in open field play , but good
teams work him out and generally shut him down .
Forgot about Connelly. Between Paton, Long, Robbo, Coff, JWebb and Connelly, he wasn't playing HBF anytime soon. Even in the magoos. All 6 (actually 7 if Clark is not in the mid rotation) are better users then Hind

If Hind wants that opportunity, then taking the Bombers deal is a no brainer for him. Hope for his sake they can teach him to lower his eyes coming out of D50. But at 26?? To me it smells of quickly trying to replace Saad on the cheap. IMO would have been waaaaaaaay better with JWebb. A fit JWebb is massively underrated in here!!

Last edited:
its obvious now one of the key strategies under Lethers has been to bring in as many people from a successful environment as possible

Chips ticks that box

other thing worth remembering is footy cap is going down. can't have a long list of development type coaches. clubs will start listing them.

. All I can say is thank fu** Lethlean had a predilection for copulating in corporate boxes and that no-one found Ratts before we did.

Isn‘t it just so St. kilda that we found one of the best administrators we’ve ever had out of a compromising position.
You’ve got to laugh...🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t forget we asked the same question of Roughie last season.
If he’s happy to be a break in case of emergencies type operator, that’s much better atm than a young bloke who expects senior spots and potentially causes locker room issues.
And now Roughead is in our backroom learning the list management trade. Ex teammates hmmm. This has Roughie's fingerprints all over it.

I actually couldn’t be bothered posting recently because people are always carrying on.

People on this board bitched and moaned when Carlisle got dropped and then you bitched and moaned when we had no replacement in the final and then we bitched and moaned when he was average at times throughout the season.

For one year. We can bring in a bloke to just play a role and keep Carlisle on his toes and provide depth to a very shallow area for us.

fu** maybe he might teach a few things to Wilkie and Howard.

Put please b*tch and moan some more.

Jeez stav settle. Nobody has outright bagged it, just are surprised it has come up. It's an interesting concept.

The only issue I have is the last bloke who came out of retirement to play for us, retired again after half dozen games. Will we burn a list spot on a reduced list if something like that happened.

They didn't focus on the core business or the any other business. They really were sh*t. Terrible off field, terrible on field. From our list 5 years ago only Membrey, Billings and Ross likely to play most games. Sinclair at a pinch. What a waste of 10 years. All I can say is thank fu** Lethlean had a predilection for copulating in corporate boxes and that no-one found Ratts before we did.
do you think Moorabbin just happened ? do you think the stadium renegotiation just happened ? do you think that the membership just naturally grew year on year even though we were finishing bottom four ? do you think sponsors just lined up to join us ?
from day dot Finnis came in and started getting our house in order it couldnt be done in one year it needed to be done over a preiod of time

fu** maybe he might teach a few things to Wilkie and Howard.

Put please b*tch and moan some more.
Ok Mick Martin anyone ?🤭

Agree, it's fascinating because it really could go either way. Hawk and Cameron would be a nightmare forward line to deal with.

Could easily get a flag or two and then you can just trade in young talent that would be attracted to the prospect of ultimate success.
What are they going to have to trade , all their team will be over 35 by then 🤣

Gaggs said we wouldn't be as active...combine that with subsequent list reductions where there is a plethora of leftovers from every club..cant trade them for love nor money and the net result means nothing more for us?... i fear we have got we've got this trade..would have loved a AAA gun midfielder..not gonna happen as it appears...probably i'm wrong ...instinct driving this view ...but maybe its a blessing ...the draft may hold the surprise we all feel is due amidst this pregnant pause.
Higgins? a maybe and a why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back