24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Ben K is an out and out FF, does not do much ruck work. Watching a bit of him tonight against the tigers and he is a fair bit better than Max. Leads well, holds his own in the contest and a good kick for goal and around the ground. Just presents a lot better. If the saints get Ben then Max wont be at full forward. Max needs to get his goal kicking sorted out regardless of whether Ben is recruited or not.
Please remember that ben king is 12mnths ahead of max in his development.

He comes as an elite footballer.
down back or forward he will play to help Saints win a flag. He will be great forward or back

I doubt you'd sell him the dream to be honest. If he moves he's not going to want to go back. KPFs are worth heaps more than backs as well probably cost him a fortune over his career.

One or both would have to play some ruck IMO. Have Marshall full time and ruck a King while he rests otherwise we are getting a bit too tall. I really worry about the lack of kids coming through but maybe we can stock up on academy kids on the cheap and arse a couple of guns.

Lol Thilthorpe was literally destroyed to the point of embarrassment by Liam Jones last week. McKay has taken 6 years to get to where he is now and Hipwood is flakey as they come. None of them are anywhere near Max’s performances to the same point in their careers.
I reckon Hipwoods a gun, terrible shot at goal tho

I reckon Hipwoods a gun, terrible shot at goal tho

God I hope Max isn't like him. He does my head in. Looks great on the mark then butchers his kicks. Like a young Stewie Leowe.

Correct. If the suns win a couple more games then he will be extremely hard to get, virtually impossible and he looks like he is enjoying his footy

Everybody enjoys footy when you win.
Doesn’t mean to say he’s not keen to come home to twin and family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. If the suns win a couple more games then he will be extremely hard to get, virtually impossible and he looks like he is enjoying his footy
”Educated from an early age, the lightning quick athlete never forgets what’s in the blood that’s coursing through his veins”

ydQ23wM.jpg

I'd just say one would be FF the other CHF and they'd most likely rotate as most key forwards do these days.

There aren't too many 200cm key forwards that have performed better than Max has 30 games into their career.

agree here Max looks comfortable at times roaming high up ground providing that roaming CHF link up player - Ben plays deep forward and rotate as you like....what a nightmare for opponents. Still think we need post Ryder support for Marshall but maybe we just play 1 ruck with 1 in reserve. Membrey gets to play genuine 3rd forward with Long and Higgins on flanks (or Long deep defensive small forward). Looks menacing to me and if you think Butler or Gresham playing in their as well...does become tasty...

I don’t the result tonight changes anything one way or the other.

Similar to last week, their terrible loss to North didn’t change anything either.

If Bing wants to come home he will. Fluctuating fortunes from week to week don’t mean much. If you look at the Suns draw it looks like a very tough run home.

Realistically, I think it will be a struggle for the Suns to convince him to stay.

Surely this is a joke?

The kid is currently top 4 goal kickers in the comp in a terrible side.

Marshall has nothing on this kid as a forward. He's kicked more goals in half a year than Marshall has in his career.

He's not going back into defence now.

Where Ben played as a 16 or 17 year old isn't really relevant. He played mostly forward in his draft year and did it extremely well and is one of the best young key forwards in the comp.

He was an AA forward in his draft year and even the year before was kicking bags for his school.

You don't pay a huge premium for a young gun key forward and try to turn them into a defender.

True...but if there is one team you can count on to try such a thing. It Is Us.

He's looked like that since the Geelong game, but until then I thought he looked like a genuine KPF. He was getting into great positions and getting big numbers for contested marks. His ability at ground level is a very nice bonus. His confidence after the Geelong game was absolutely shot and it's seemed like he's been avoiding getting into good spots a bit and has been hesitant leaping for the ball. He's got on the end of a few in the last couple of weeks so hopefully he can start to build some confidence. I'm pretty confident he'll end up a terrific genuine KPF. You don't take so many contested marks in your first 20-25 games without knowing how to get to the right spots and knowing how to compete against a genuine KPD.

Did he get his back complaint/twinge after the Geelong game? I couldn't understand why they didn't move him up to CHF and let him clunk marks and get possessions between the arc's for a few games after that match. It would've done him wonders, to be away from the goals for a few games, just to take the heat off him. I know his tank is a bit suspect still, but I reckon he would've gotten some mojo from it.

i still find it really really hard to get the criticism of max king.

like i normally get why people will have a knock on a player and see why they think they won't make it or why they're no good

but i cannot understand it with King one bit

literally every opposition fan i speak to thinks he's a once in a generation fwd and we are lucky to have him. if we wanted to trade him you'd have literally all 17 clubs beating down the door trying to get that deal done

i can understand why people would not want ben king given the dynamic on match day, but tbh the more i think about it, the more i think you just have to go get him and deal with that later

i wouldn't be counting him as wanting to come to st kilda thought, he might be getting advice that its better to keep the st kilda option in his back pocket and get the best possible deal from a vic club

agree here Max looks comfortable at times roaming high up ground providing that roaming CHF link up player - Ben plays deep forward and rotate as you like....what a nightmare for opponents. Still think we need post Ryder support for Marshall but maybe we just play 1 ruck with 1 in reserve. Membrey gets to play genuine 3rd forward with Long and Higgins on flanks (or Long deep defensive small forward). Looks menacing to me and if you think Butler or Gresham playing in their as well...does become tasty...

one option i found super interesting... what if Membrey went to CHB

spit balling...

B Webster Howard Wilkie
HB Sinclair Membrey Coffield
C Hill Steele Clark
HF Gresham B King Higgins
F Butler M King Marshall
R Ryder Crouch Jones
I/C Byrnes Battle Long Dmac

Geary should be in there but i don't know how to make it work
Long Dmac and Battle i obviously have a soft spot for

what it probably shows you is Billings and Ross should be trade bait

Last edited:
one option i found super interesting... what if Membrey went to CHB

spit balling...

B Webster Howard Wilkie
HB Sinclair Membrey Coffield
C Hill Steele Clark
HF Gresham B King Higgins
F Butler M King Marshall
R Ryder Crouch Jones
I/C Byrnes Battle Long Dmac

Geary should be in there but i don't know how to make it work
Long Dmac and Battle i obviously have a soft spot for

what it probably shows you is Billings and Ross should be trade bait
I feel Highmore the way he is progressing could easily become a Tom Stewart type defender and Ryder if we are lucky might get another season out of him but really after his difficulties this year it will be interesting if he doesn't pull the pin.

Paton - Howard - Wilkie
Sinclair - Highmore - Coffield
Hill - Steele - Battle
Membery - M.King - Butler
Higgins - B.King - Gresham

Marshall - Crouch - Jones

Clark - Battle - Byrne - Long

If we got Ben King one of the brothers would have to give Marshall a break and Billings is still one of our best players and if he left hopefully we get something better to replace him.

Did he get his back complaint/twinge after the Geelong game? I couldn't understand why they didn't move him up to CHF and let him clunk marks and get possessions between the arc's for a few games after that match. It would've done him wonders, to be away from the goals for a few games, just to take the heat off him. I know his tank is a bit suspect still, but I reckon he would've gotten some mojo from it.
Marshall was out after the Geelong match so we didn't necessarily have the cattle to move King further away from goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back