24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

He broke a bone. Do you think he's so old he had osteoporosis or something?
No reason he can't play out a season if he's not belted hard enough to break a bone.
His time looked like it was up years ago. Sick of him. Would rather give the spot to someone who might be good than to someone you know isn't. He's had a pretty good run at it. Now he's just soaking up the $ and wasting a spot on the list.

I am. Blokes been too inconsistent over the years and his use by foot is bad. Hopefully he does well at a club more suited to covering his weaknesses because he has some qualities you want in a midfielder.
I'm not totally opposed to him going, but he should be playing this week IMO.

Both would be easily worth a 3rd rounder regardless of any kind of market.
Ross is just not to the level of the midfielder we need , he was in a weak team but not now - Steele is , Crouch is a pass mark , Jones has shown he is more than the grade when right.
Dunstan is very capable , but he could be in and out of the team , due to giving Gresham , Clark and Bytel a run.

We have so many old depth/cooked players that he is competing against them more than anyone else for a list spot. We've got a bunch of other old blokes who can be moved on. We'll have enough list spots available to take the amount of draftees as we want.

There's no indication that Steele does need room. His performances have been great all year and there's been nothing to suggest Geary is encroaching on his ability to develop as a leader.
Your view , I wonder how he would feel if some old 34 yr old who is past his prime took his Rookie spot at the Saints.
The guy is a club champion who rose from a rookie draft to be captain , a hell of a story , but staying on when he is past his usefulness is a case of another old player who doesn't know when to throw in the towel.

I'm fine with Gears, Wood, Joyce, Clav etc if they keep getting one year deals.
We'll be turning over a fifth of the list this off-season, so already taking plenty of picks and/or trading in others.
There isn't much need to delist more unless it's a super draft or we've stacked early picks (which we don't have atm).
And Gears won't get near the seniors unless half the list is crippled with gout. He'll be coaching because of the soft cap issues.

Your view , I wonder how he would feel if some old 34 yr old who is past his prime took his Rookie spot at the Saints.
The guy is a club champion who rose from a rookie draft to be captain , a hell of a story , but staying on when he is past his usefulness is a case of another old player who doesn't know when to throw in the towel.
He isn't taking the spot of a draftee though. The club would have an idea in mind about how many draft selections they want. They'll have enough spots free. We hardly have a dearth of delisting/retiring options. McKernan, Roberton, Carlisle, Lonie, Dunstan, Frawley and Hunter are all either gone or probably have a foot out the door. Then there's the chance another player or two get traded out/leave for FA.

The club has made the mistake in the past of moving on important leaders at the club due to some intangible and wishful desire for younger leaders to step up. I'm glad they seem to be valuing leadership. Geary clearly is a really significant figure behind closed doors and we have bigger concerns than him getting a one year extension on a low wage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can send us Brodie back then. I'd say that's an upgrade.

Luke was hard working both ways, I think the knock on Brodie is his one way game.

Interesting. Him and Greenwood in the same midfield makes them a pretty strong contested/clearance/tackle midfield. Lacks a lot of polish though.
Personally I don't get it. They already have Greenwood, Swallow, Miller, Anderson and Rowell, with Fiorini and Brodie running around in the seconds most weeks

That group does not scream "we need a mature inside mid with questionable disposal"

Personally I don't get it. They already have Greenwood, Swallow, Miller, Anderson and Rowell, with Fiorini and Brodie running around in the seconds most weeks

That group does not scream "we need a mature inside mid with questionable disposal"

Fiorini and Brodie are both bits of one way runners. Dew won't take low work ethic players. He shoved Jarrod Lyons for he same reason. Dunstan might be a little limited in his disposal but he work hard both ways. I reckon they'll be good with that set up. Get it to the outside where guys like Anderson can get on their bike. They need some older heads with experience and hard bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back