List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems funny everyone wants to trade Dixon and Marshall but seriously who would want to be a key forward in our forwardline. Kick it long to the pack of Dixon and Marshall and 6 defenders. Sack the forward coach. They have been crap all year.

Sorry... Who do you support?

If it was me, I'd clear the decks. I really don't know what we can do, overtrading for Fantasia has crippled our hand this year.
Yeah look, Fantasia’s form when on the park and when our midfield was firing was great. A much more instinctual forward than any of the other faux small forwards on our list.

But any other team with a set of testicles would have offered a 3rd rounder and been done with it.
Nice guys Port gave up a 2nd and a 3rd, and now we have some serious issues we need to address with list balance and we have handicapped our ability to do so.
A second and 3rd rounder would give us all sorts of chances to trade picks up or down and manoeuvre.
now we can’t do that without screwing next years hand or trading out players that would actually be sought after by other teams.
Criticism of Lycett is strange. Had 26 HO's with 9 being to our advantage. Had 9 tackles to go with his 14 touches. Yeah, he's no Gawn or NicNat but he is perfectly serviceable. And realistically better than any available option.
Lol

He’s been wildly prone to slow starts and was coming up against a cooked player who was only ever going to have 1 big Qtr in him.
Lycett allowed a cooked Martin to turn the ruck contest into a nullified slog.
What’s more lycetts redeeming factor of being a brute and winning clearances waned in the face of a team that needed him. Down from 3.2 average for the year to 2 against a cooked ruckman.
Here’s the real kicker, 0 contested marks. In a night we desperately needed him to stand up and offer something around the ground as midget dogs players took grab after grab lycett didn’t even come close to taking a contested mark.
I'm torn between wanting to blow up the list and saying we should be trading out guys like DBJ and Houston and maybe even Amon whilst his value is at its peak, but also knowing that this years draft probably isn't the right one to do it in.
Future draft picks please.
kpp and centre mids galore in 2022 draft. What’s more there’s plenty of impact mids, the type we are lacking.
DBJ and Houston are the obvious two that should be up for trade. Both had poor seasons and are easily replaceable (Dawson replaces Houston almost immediately).

No to trading SPP and no to trading Ladhams. Both have the type of mongrel we desperately need more of and have shown enough to be worth persisting with.
mongrel aint worth s**t.
If you can’t play football a bit of agro isn’t going to win you games.
I’m fine with floating Houston and Dbj, but at least they’ve proven they can play at a high level.
spp and Ladhams have a shitload to prove and should be far from safe.
their biggest saving grace is that they just aren’t worth enough at the trade table to bother.
The draftees since the rozee year really need step up. Mead, Williams etc. Really is time to phase out the old guys. The onky one I'd keep is Boak. A lot of people trading out clurey. I'd probably keep him in the Jonas role and retire the captain.
mead isn’t stepping up soon, and he isn’t the midfield type that we need to be honest. Maybe he makes it but I’m not holding my breathe. Even if he does I don’t really like his fit next to drew and wines.

Darcy Byrne-O’Shea-pettigrew-David Mackay-Jones needs to be traded. Always thought he was very overrated! Should have been dropped mid year and made to earn his spot. Dumb footy player!

Lycett is a glorified Brent Renouf.
Premiership ruckman are overated.
Both were carried by a star studded midfield and when came to us with a B grade midfield at most get shown out

I have no real problem with Lycett. He's a solid ruckman, doing his job. He needs better mids at his feet given his ability, but he does alright with what we have.

My issue with Lycett though is that he is at his ceiling.

It isn't getting any better for him.

Hayes on the other hand is not that far off Lycett's level and has a ceiling that is significantly higher.

IMO Hayes also has the potential to actually be here when we're a premiership chance again. Because I don't think we'll be a real chance until we've gone through the next cycle and got some gun kids in to help the guys who should be seniors by then in Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Georgiadies, Marshall, Houston, etc.

Last edited:
Geoff Parker escapes a lot of scrutiny because he has picked off some very exciting players who make an immediate impact in outside positions.

But name the actual inside mids he has drafted in the past few years who have made an impact and look like a long term prospect. Not guys who look like they are exciting running around on flanks but players with a junior pedigree as a mid who have gone on to show they can produce at AFL level.

Drew? Is that it? And he's been on the list a while. SPP is a powerhouse soldier but has been wasted as a forward this year. Even so, he's not a big possession winner as a mid and not super skilled.

We really need to get some genuine centre square midfield talent. Looking over the next few years I see Ollie Wines and ...

Our midfield lacks class and good ball users, Bulldogs midfield on another level with disposal.
Wines, Boak SPP Drew all of them very average ball users, they don't kick goals and have no real distance with their kicks. Absolutely kills you in the big games

Lycett 100% has to go or be made backup for Hayes/Ladhams.

He was horrendous last night. He played a 35 year old corpse and tapped it down the throat of doggies players in every ruck contest in the first quarter.

Was horrific to watch.

He may somehow still have some trade value too. Don’t make the same mistake again as Lobbe at not selling at their highest value when you know they have no decent future in a good side.

Play Ladhams before Lycett ? Are you serious Ladhams was bloody dreadful, Max Gawn would look putrid with our midfield.

Darcy Byrne-O’Shea-pettigrew-David Mackay-Jones needs to be traded. Always thought he was very overrated! Should have been dropped mid year and made to earn his spot. Dumb footy player!

Nathan Basset basically admitted they were sure DBJ's form would return after one of the games, so they were basically carrying him like he was some kind of superstar. Guys like Joel Garner don't get a look in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Revamp the List all you want, but it’s a completely meaningless & fruitless expedition until Ken is gone.

No one is buying what he’s selling anymore, not even himself which was clearly evident last night.

Self belief will be at an all time low next year unless the club acts now. The players desperately need new ideas, an alternative direction & another voice if they are going to improve & put the forgettable Hinkley years behind them.

We need genuine mids. Centre square mids.
We need to give up something to get something.

Both dbj or houston are expendable for decent offers but 1 definitely.
Dixon and lycett are both expendable.
What I don’t get is dbj, Houston and Burton are great skilled players why can’t they become elite mids..what is physically different about them and elite mids like Clayton Oliver or bont. I think it’s in their minds..they have to want to adapt. We need them to.. I think the chances of recruiting a top mid are nil.

Quite simple

Hinkley and Voss OUT.

Soft Players OUT
DBJ
Burton
Amon
Houston

Older players out
Dixon
Mckenzie
Gray maybe his legs are g

getting harder players willing to put their body on the line.

id persist with SPP in the midfield. I like the calls for Jones to get in there

All of those up there would bet us some good picks and player trades.

I think Georgie FF, Lycett FP replacing Dixon would be too different and Hayes getting blooded in the ruck with Marshall CHF.

Quite simple

Hinkley and Voss OUT.

Soft Players OUT
DBJ
Burton
Amon
Houston

Older players out
Dixon
Mckenzie

I think Georgie FF, Lycett FP replacing Dixon would be too different and Hayes getting blooded in the ruck with Marshall CHF.
I think Houston and Burton have been carrying injuries all year.
I’m not prepared to give up on them.
DBJ is in trouble.

Our midfield lacks class and good ball users, Bulldogs midfield on another level with disposal.
Wines, Boak SPP Drew all of them very average ball users, they don't kick goals and have no real distance with their kicks. Absolutely kills you in the big games

You don't think Gawn helps them a bit?

Quite simple

Hinkley and Voss OUT.

Soft Players OUT
DBJ
Burton
Amon
Houston

Older players out
Dixon
Mckenzie

LOL

There are probably 30 players on our list that I would let go of before Burton, Amon or Houston. Including our current captain and last captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back