List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

you cant be serious with this comment...

you think guys just play at that same level forever and just keep going. here's the list of those that will be 29+ in 4 seasons time. do you think you're going to retain them all? thats a huge chunk of the best 22
View attachment 1483066
Look I think you're confused about my point about the draft. I think we landed 3 guns last year, if we were to get three more guns this year that is a core of six gun youngsters in two years and that is a really good core of young players. Now no doubt there are what-ifs in that but I'm saying if you draft well and have luck (hopefully we have both) you can gather a really good group of youngsters in a short time.

Obviously we won't then stop drafting altogether. The list you've sent me doesn't scream that we are about to fall off a cliff because of retirements. We don't actually have that many older players. In four years time Jack Steele will be 30, that is a long time away and if we have drafted and traded in well he will hopefully be part of a solid group of senior players, something we currently lack.

What I’d like to see this off-season

1. Hit the draft. Don’t trade any of our draft selections. Choose wisely.
  2. Re-Sign Paddy Ryder.
  3. Trade Brad Hill to North Melbourne. Offer to pay $200k-$250k of his contract and ask for a young player in return. (North has traded their 2nd and 3rd round picks).
  4. Put out the feelers and see if there’s any trade interest for Billings, or basically anyone outside Steele, King, Marshall, Sinclair, Wilkie or the rookies. Aim for draft picks or players 22 and under.

Last edited:
Best news ever.
External Club Review and Hill wants out.

I would shell out Hill and $200+K of his contract if that was for a decent first round pick.

We'd still be way ahead.
Draftees are cheap and we're wasting a lot of money on a player that doesn't suit our (non-existent) "style".

Bye bye Brad and hopefully a bunch others following this review.

Hypothetically if Brad and NWM were to leave, 3 first round picks would be phenomenal. Future second special for Bruhn.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Where is this NWM news coming from? It’s very bad news!

So when Nas W-M requests a trade back to Sth Aus in the next month, what are we asking for in return?

Personally, I’d like Kane Farrell & a pick (if Port). Would allow us to roll Farrell off half back & pinch-hit with Sincs in the guts more often. Would love Farrell’s long precision kicking in our team
Has this actually happened? FFS. Wasn’t he one of our academy players? We must be bad if people want to return to SA.

We just used our first round pick on one and spent a fortune to get another through the door two years earlier.

I think we like outside runners too much to be honest.

We don't like to feed them under Ratts, we can like buying them but don't have a use for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many variables
Imagine if nas does ask to go, degoey chooses us, hilly says im out,

End up with pick 8 for nas, 9 we already have, another second for hill (which norf would have to aquire as they dont have one) and some salary pay

Or
We might just get degoey and go draft
Could have a fwd line of king, degogo, hayes, sharman and gresh

Starting midfield steele sincs windy marshal
giphy (34).gif

So many variables
Imagine if nas does ask to go, degoey chooses us, hilly says im out,

End up with pick 8 for nas, 9 we already have, another second for hill (which norf would have to aquire as they dont have one) and some salary pay

Or
We might just get degoey and go draft
Could have a fwd line of king, degogo, hayes, sharman and gresh

Starting midfield steele sincs windy marshal
View attachment 1483320
I'm getting far too caught up with this de Goey thing. He is just about the perfect player for us, not costing draft picks the enormous bonus. He would quite drastically change the look of our forward line AND our midfield.

Setting myself up for a big letdown, need to cool my bloody jets! 💩

He's contracted for two years so it's not the end of the world if he wants to go home at this stage.
That's correct, was underwhelmed by our extension offer and both SA clubs are sniffing about.
They pay up or we have the chance to work on him for more than a year.

He'd cost more than Hill gets us and we'd wonder why he turned back to s**t when he got to us again. We need guys who win ball because we aren't very good at using runners on the outside.
We don't like to feed them under Ratts, we can like buying them but don't have a use for them.
Half back always an area of need for us apparently..

That's correct, was underwhelmed by our extension offer and both SA clubs are sniffing about.
They pay up or we have the chance to work on him for more than a year.
I was never a fan of the NWM selection. Not just because of the go home factor either.

It seems strange though that we would take him so high when we had good local kids there available at our pick and not go out of our way to give him a decent offer to keep him here.

If he's genuinely looking at going we should bite the bullet now though and at least try and get something close to what we paid for him.

I'm getting far too caught up with this de Goey thing. He is just about the perfect player for us, not costing draft picks the enormous bonus. He would quite drastically change the look of our forward line AND our midfield.

Setting myself up for a big letdown, need to cool my bloody jets! 💩
If you only have to pay $700,000 does anyone want Grundy.

Half back always an area of need for us apparently..
Yep, we recruit half backs that pinch hit in the guts, then try to turn them into full time mids…

… then when that doesn’t work, we’re stuck with these half back/mid types that are confused as s**t in their role & never fulfil their potential and become list cloggers 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Been doing it for a decade

I was never a fan of the NWM selection. Not just because of the go home factor either.

It seems strange though that we would take him so high when we had good local kids there available at our pick and not go out of our way to give him a decent offer to keep him here.

If he's genuinely looking at going we should bite the bullet now though and at least try and get something close to what we paid for him.
I was pretty annoyed, he’s a very good young prospect but it made no sense to me then and still doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back