List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
So, in my view the priorities are now Elite small forward to replace Walters
A hard running winger. A tall forward to replace Taberner.

would look for the first two this year with the picks we have.

Tall forward next year when we have all of our picks.

List is still very good with only a few holes.
Our first two picks, MSD, should be the cream on top.

Sounds like Hanson maybe on the cards?
Riley Hardeman and Clem Hall.
Sharp still on the cards?
Plenty of options this year.
Tabs replacement more long term.

List is still very good with only a few holes.
Our first two picks, MSD, should be the cream on top.

Sounds like Hanson maybe on the cards?
Riley Hardeman and Clem Hall.
Sharp still on the cards?
Plenty of options this year.
Tabs replacement more long term.
Hanson Jr definitely looks like a free hit in the MSD to fill a list need if he makes it to our pick. Rookie pick, give him 18 months in an elite training environment to see what he’s got. Walters still has a couple of years left so could work out perfectly.

Hanson Jr definitely looks like a free hit in the MSD to fill a list need if he makes it to our pick. Rookie pick, give him 18 months in an elite training environment to see what he’s got. Walters still has a couple of years left so could work out perfectly.

Hansen Jr. has kicked 3 goals and 6 tackles total across five senior matches for Subiaco so not exactly smashing it, but I get that he moves well, has reasonable skills and has had the disadvantage of basically only being a bush footballer.

If I get a chance, I am going to watch this game as I've been keen to re-evaluate him given your recent form.

Looks like a good one to start with he is up&about

And while you’re at it why not evaluate how the toast thought it was a good move to pass on MJ for Chesser… ha ha

Spot on and I hope we take a long term view in the msd. Hunter and Hansen are both currently a long way off but if left and they continue to improve we may (most likely) miss out on getting another chance. Both look to have the ability imo.

Looks like a good one to start with he is up&about

And while you’re at it why not evaluate how the toast thought it was a good move to pass on MJ for Chesser… ha ha

Don’t forget they also passed on JVR….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

T
iirc he created one goal for someone else with his work off the ball. I really just like the guy's intent around the physical contests.
There was at least 2. One to Schulz and the other to Switta. He was also involved in the brilliant passage where he took the handball receive from Amiss and made that cleaver creative handball into the forward line which resulted in a goal. At least two of his tackles also resulted in goals. He also made good position to take a make near the goal square. His stats are irrelevant in this case.

I wasn't all that convinced by Reid's answer on moving interstate by mentioning his closeness with family, so let's pretend it spooks WC away from picking him at pick #1.

Would WC trading #1 to Melbourne for #9 (our pick), #15 (their first), #28 and their 2024 1st Round Pick represent value?

Obviously WC would prefer to trade #1 and #19 to GWS for #4 and #5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't all that convinced by Reid's answer on moving interstate by mentioning his closeness with family, so let's pretend it spooks WC away from picking him at pick #1.

Would WC trading #1 to Melbourne for #9 (our pick), #15 (their first), #28 and their 2024 1st Round Pick represent value?

Not sure either of those trades gets it done tbh, although GWS are probably the only team capable of getting the trade done without in involving players or a top three pick.

That’s gross for Melbourne

Not sure either of those trades gets it done tbh, although GWS are probably the only team capable of getting the trade done without in involving players or a top three pick.

I wouldn’t do it if I GWS. They’re two very good picks. Would you trade Serong and Young for Rowell?

Spot on and I hope we take a long term view in the msd. Hunter and Hansen are both currently a long way off but if left and they continue to improve we may (most likely) miss out on getting another chance. Both look to have the ability imo.

I think the last two years may have set an unrealistic expectation upon supporters on the opportunity the Mid Season Draft provides. Covid sort of ****ed things up a bit which meant a lot of players fell through the cracks.

I still think the very early picks will be much better than most guys we can take in the Rookie Draft but realistically after that we’re very much looking at rookie standard players and/or very late picks. Not saying they’re a lost cause but we’re not getting a second rounder for free.

Look at the 2019 Mid Season Draft. Noble is probably the only player I’d add to our best 22 realistically. There’s one or two others that’d be okay depth but you wouldn’t trade a third rounder for them.

I still remember around 10-12 mature agers going in the National Draft most years prior to the Mid Season Draft but we’re taking 7-8 games of state league footy since these guys were overlooked. Unless someone is completely dominating a state league I’m not sure it’s enough games to change the mind of recruiters.

Also worth having in mind only the elite mature agers went before the late third round at the National Draft. They’re perhaps the players that go 1-3 in the Mid Season Draft but I doubt you’d notice the difference between most 4th round picks (which is where the rest of the mature agers went) and rookies.

Basically what I’m saying is it’s likely to be a genuine Rookie-level selection past the top 2-3 selections. Posters shouldn’t be disappointed if someone like Hansen joins and spends his first month in the WAFL reserves.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t do it if I GWS. They’re two very good picks. Would you trade Serong and Young for Rowell?

To answer your question - No I would not.

Having said that some of the reported trades for Jason Horne Francis were pretty damn crazy and they all got knocked back. If anything Harley Reid seems to be rated even higher than Horne Francis was at the time.

I think it’d take more than that to get pick one of a teams hands.

To answer your question - No I would not.

Having said that some of the reported trades for Jason Horne Francis were pretty damn crazy and they all got knocked back. If anything Harley Reid seems to be rated even higher than Horne Francis was at the time.

I think it’d take more than that to get pick one of a teams hands.
What could go wrong? Freo gave up pick 1, thank God The deal involved Elvis.

and further to this, our list and core is very young and still performing…

Think unless it’s someone like Naughton out of contract, we sit on our hands for the next 3-4 years with trading.
transition the likes of Colyer, Fyfe and Walters out, bank the salary cap for any free agents that are worth while.
Look for young talent.

Dont want to be like us in 2007 or the Eagles now

Brockman
Sharp
And best available big at 19?

Turn them into guns

not really exciting me, other than they have age on their side

Agree, not really the sexiest names but probably the most realistic and likely, unless we can get in on the GC draft swaps. Or see if we can get Flanders chucked in with the Sharp deal.
Could be that Xfactor forward we’ve lacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back