List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:

Right on cue Joao. O’Meara has not worked imo. He turns 30 before the season starts and agree with Hase, you can’t play Brodie, Fyfe and O’Meara in the same midfield.

Brodie imo is the option going forward. Ankle injury this year was worse than first thought.

Fyfe will surely break down again, but you have Erasmus and Johnson to fill those minutes in the midfield.

Let’s not forget about Young who I think will be the bull we need going forward and therefore O’Meara is not required. Next year Hawks only covering 250k of his salary and beyond that I hate to think what he’s chewing up with the salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a decent article IMO.
We clearly don’t have enough elite ball users in that midfield group to give the best chance to Amiss, Sturt and co. He doesn’t mention anything about Brayshaw having more wing minutes though as an option.
Fyfe definitely won’t be going anywhere.
So it’s between Brodie and JOM. I think one of them should be placed on the trade table and try get something back in draft capital that might be used.
Remember a year or two ago Pendlebury was rumoured to be considering a move to freo due to his ties with JL. Would have been a great pickup in hindsight!
Someone of that ilk and that age bracket (early 30s) for a couple of years would be ideal in this trade period that is an elite kick. I don’t know who though.

Strange like Grundy leaving after one year?
Significantly stranger. Grundy leaving because surprise surprise both he and gawn are ordinary forwards and far better rucks would be less surprise than it working out.

I'm not remotely attached to jom but i just dont believe he is even in the frame to leave.
Right on cue Joao. O’Meara has not worked imo. He turns 30 before the season starts and agree with Hase, you can’t play Brodie, Fyfe and O’Meara in the same midfield.

Brodie imo is the option going forward. Ankle injury this year was worse than first thought.

Fyfe will surely break down again, but you have Erasmus and Johnson to fill those minutes in the midfield.

Let’s not forget about Young who I think will be the bull we need going forward and therefore O’Meara is not required. Next year Hawks only covering 250k of his salary and beyond that I hate to think what he’s chewing up with the salary cap.
Hase is ****ing clueless. Has minimal ability to extrapolate his obvious knowledge of the game. Only any good in telling you what happened not what should.
Surely Haze can be put out to pasture now and AI can do the hot takes based on superficial analysis of lagging indicators for basically nothing.
100%

When you guys going to realise Hase, Sumo know jackshiet. As most can, they can speculate and put together some story disguised as actual news, with catchy headline and pics of the players grimacing as they get tackled or midway between a conversation.

What's there to lose to write these stories. If it doesn't come true so what. If they got nothing write about they don't get paid.

Last edited:
It’s spread not footskills we need more of in the midfield imo but Hase is probably right a number of those players can’t play together. It’s because they don’t spread well enough though - not because they can’t kick.

Good teams spread from stoppage very well - we don’t. Even players that are about average kicks can hit leading forwards if they’re given 2-3 metres of space. Fyfe is the only mid on our list I wouldn’t back to do so.

Not sure trading either JOM or Brodie would be overly easy short of doing a GC style salary dump either. I’d probably get rid of either for a third rounder but I doubt any team pays that.

Significantly stranger. Grundy leaving because surprise surprise both he and gawn are ordinary forwards and far better rucks would be less surprise than it working out.

I'm not remotely attached to jom but i just dont believe he is even in the frame to leave.

Hase is ****ing clueless. Has minimal ability to extrapolate his obvious knowledge of the game. Only any good in telling you what happened not what should.

100%
For an extremely smart footballer, Hase is spitting out some dumb s**t as a pundit. Mind you, it could be the case of trying to be controversial to increase publicity. And if so, it seems to be working because people are discussing it.

Can you explain more about the JOM situation? How realistic is it that they will move him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back