List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you taking the Mickey here?

Gresham has PRIVATELY nominated Essendon.

The reason a PUBLIC nomination has not occurred is due to the compo pick.

That is why we are negotiating with Essendon
Same bloke that hit and missed on Nas re-signing

Wouldn't worry, obvious Gresham will nominate and wants to go Essendon. Save your time.

We have had salary cap room since trying to sign De Goey 12 months ago.

The problem with our salary cap is that the likes of Gresham Billings Coffield Clark all have been paid on potential.

Which is why someone like Gresham can leave even if we want him to stay.

Another club can value him at 700k for example in their salary cap. Doesn’t mean we think he is worth that for us.
So we had salary cap from chasing JDG? Wasn't Gags the list manager until the end of 2022? So he'd done well then?

Billings contract was re-negotiated by Gallagher to reduce the yearly amount in 2021. So pay more aligned with performance than hope.

If Gresham, Clark and Coff were all overpaid wouldn't it be difficult for them to leave? It doesn't appear to be that way.

I'm not getting what mistakes Gags has made here.

trade radio

gabelich and olle talking about dow in st.kilda bound terms

beverige and twomey talking about dow in sydney bound terms

niether pair mentioning the other club

(back to page 145 in my catch up,hopefully most of the speculation is done when im travelling back to oz monday/tuesday)

That's OK by me. Ididnt think he did much. But I wouldn't know

His stint at the wallabies lasted all of maybe 7 months, should give you fair indication of how he went in the role to come crawling back to AFL clubland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We say this every year too though.

Please ease up on the negative bias on everything, surely you can see the improvements the club has made in the past couple of years? We all get that prior to that the club made some horrible list management decisions, but the entire football dept has changed since then!

You have acknowledged that Toce` has been exceptional with his recruiting for the past two years. SOS and Gubby are like RTB they are seasoned campaigners who have made mistakes, but Im confident they will have learnt from their past. You also defended what Gresham, Coffield, Clark etc had been previously paid (on potential) that has in part caused their over inflated expectations on their current value.

As you have also mentioned we have to spend our TPP somewhere, so if we bring in a couple of older players as salary dumps and get a better draft hand then surely you can see the positives.

I'm hoping that with Lethlean being part of the AFL 'boys club', they'll look after us with a compensation pick for Gresham.

UhldclM.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it is not yet a done deal, St Kilda will lobby Essendon to pay Jade Gresham in the vicinity of $600,000 a season, triggering a second-round pick for the Saints, bolstering their draft hand.

Meanwhile, a Dylan Shiel to St Kilda move would help respectfully take Shiel off the Bombers’ books as he is surplus to requirements in red and black.

It is a win-win, but far from done.

From HS article about Footy Managers meeting in cafes.
We have to “lobby” for them to pay him $600k?
What were they going to pay him if we didn’t? $500k?
Boy how the mighty have fallen - he should rather have stayed with us.
It appears our lofty expectations of a pick 13 are going to fall short and we will STILL take Shiel and his salary. 🫣

Are you taking the Mickey here?

Gresham has PRIVATELY nominated Essendon.

The reason a PUBLIC nomination has not occurred is due to the compo pick.

That is why we are negotiating with Essendon
I understand exactly what Jade Gresham is doing and were he may end up with as a result of that.

The issue is that you can't seem to comprehend the basic point I'm making - which is that Morris cannot state that Gresham will 100% nominate Essendon - he can only do that when every thing else is resolved.

So that's pretty straight forward - its not 100% he will nominate Essendon.

As for privately or publicly nominating Essendon - give a me a break - he hasn't even nominated that he wants to leave the Saints.

"Lyon said he had a “really mature discussion” with Gresham (as part of his exit review)

“He’s a restricted free agent.
His manager requested we don’t put an offer – we haven’t put an offer.

“We’re aware – and Jade knows we’re aware – he’s spoken to other clubs, which is the mature bit.

“Now it’s a commercial decision for Jade and the club. It’s opportunity, cost really – that’s where it sits. It’s pretty healthy.

“Jade walked out saying ‘we had a really fruitful discussion and he’s optimistic and we’re optimistic’. But where that lands no one knows.”

Gresham after his exit meeting said the Saints were “really keen for me to stay”, but said he faced a big call on his future.

“No doubt there’s interest out there (from other clubs), so I’ve just got to weigh it all up.
I’ve really enjoyed playing here (at St Kilda) this year,” Gresham told reporters.

To paraphrase Monty Python

We lost Blake Acres for nothing
And we got Mason Wood for nothing
So what have we lost?

NOTHING!!!!

Always look on the bright side of life

Except for the fact that we will have Wood for two more years max and could have had Acres for another 4/5ish. So technically we lost a very good player for the 3 years we are actually challenging.

Last edited:
Melbourne have received an End of 2nd pick for James Jordan.

SYDNEY has landed Melbourne premiership midfielder James Jordon.

It is always highlighted that he is a Premiership Player which he is. But as unused substitute it not really an endorsement of how good a player he is. I think Goodwin is a bit of an a-hole for not at least subbing him on for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back