List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Its great to see peoples passion for the club at this time of year! I can fully understand your attachment to Saints players, we havent had a lot else to be excited about in the past decade. That brings lots of differing opinions on players values, but thats what makes the trade period so interesting. Apart from playing finals its my favourite time of the year.

Lets not forget people at the club are in the best position to make decisions on players and the list build. They all have the best interest of the club at heart. Players moving for better opportunities is just the modern day AFL environment. We arent that used to it as in past years our list has been that poor we over paid kids on potential and all our fringe players were so poor no one else wanted them.

The club has never been better administrated or resourced - have faith & GO Sainters!
Faith is all I've had for 30 years. I'm sick to death of only having it and never any reward. The club owe it to us long suffering fans.

While it is not yet a done deal, St Kilda will lobby Essendon to pay Jade Gresham in the vicinity of $600,000 a season, triggering a second-round pick for the Saints, bolstering their draft hand.

Meanwhile, a Dylan Shiel to St Kilda move would help respectfully take Shiel off the Bombers’ books as he is surplus to requirements in red and black.

It is a win-win, but far from done.

From HS article about Footy Managers meeting in cafes.
is that a joke?
Would anyone be happy if we got say pick 25 for Gres and gave 31 for Sheil?

My God what a terrible result. Was willing to eat the Sheil s.hit sandwich for pick 13 or even 19 but a second is laughable. They would need to pay 2/3 rds of his Salary and I still would be unhappy.
The high pick is the prize, Sheil is Max 2 years, we may fluke a player @25 or whatever pick, much better chance of a top quality player at 13 or 19.

This trade period is going to be pretty upsetting.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
no

agree

yes

shiel and his full salary for 13 is fine,most of his salary and 19 ok,anything less for shiel is a case of sos mesmerised by being in the presence of dodo,it is a concern for sure

giving back 13 would be just shut the gate,replace north moving to tassie,i wouldnt even comment on it,probably find me on an opposition board after a few months of vomiting,but these other possible scenarios are not much better,but till it goes away it is a concern

SYDNEY has landed Melbourne premiership midfielder James Jordon.

It is always highlighted that he is a Premiership Player which he is. But as unused substitute it not really an endorsement of how good a player he is. I think Goodwin is a bit of an a-hole for not at least subbing him on for a few minutes.

He wasn't put on? Despite them being up by 12 goals. Lol what.

Must be bittersweet for him.

I think it's just Aussie humour. It's the sort of s**t I'd say but I don't actually want him to do a knee. Worse s**t gets said every day on here. Don't know why that stands out so much to be honest.
Once could ( possibly) be taken as a joke.
But, twice, on two different social media sites, nah!

How good is it to get 2 top 10 first rounders for peanuts and getting Stocker who was a first rounder for nothing.
You people are serious numpties.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don’t care about other clubs drafting? If we draft well we are contending it’s pretty simple and how you can’t see that has me seriously baffled. Continuous fails in the top end of the draft are all sweet because we get a delisted free agent and someone who’s played vfl his whole career? 🥴

SYDNEY has landed Melbourne premiership midfielder James Jordon.

It is always highlighted that he is a Premiership Player which he is. But as unused substitute it not really an endorsement of how good a player he is. I think Goodwin is a bit of an a-hole for not at least subbing him on for a few minutes.

They tried but the AFL wouldn't let them.

Back then it was a medical sub so you have to have a legit injury.

James Harmes came off halfway through the last and apparently told the bench something along the lines of "Just tell them I've got a cramp and get Jordan on". The AFL wouldn't sign off on it.

some talk around jack billings YAY!!!!

edmond and morris,more coming

dow haynes and billings news

re billings not carlton or essendon,possibles gws north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the issue? Football is tribal. He is gone so he is dead to us.
No need to get feral about it. I'm as disappointed as anyone about losing him but we don't need to talk s**t about a bloke for wanting a fresh start. Maybe he got the tap on the shoulder and said there isn't really a spot for you in our team. Our back 6/7 has been pretty settled for a while and there's no issues if someone wants to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Absolutely clutching at straws here. Who's said he is a superstar? He's a young player with potentially a big future if he can get and stay fit.

I think it's fair if fans are upset he is going when apparently he's been offered a crappy deal and you have blokes like Jones who are always injured, at the end of there career and have no scope to improve getting offered extensions.
So they both got offered extensions and 1 accepted, the other didn't. Go off though

Saints fans; melting for 150 years 🫠

U46X7sO.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd almost put that in your top 10 efforts!

No need to get feral about it. I'm as disappointed as anyone about losing him but we don't need to talk s**t about a bloke for wanting a fresh start. Maybe he got the tap on the shoulder and said there isn't really a spot for you in our team. Our back 6/7 has been pretty settled for a while and there's no issues if someone wants to seek opportunities elsewhere.
A huge over reaction to say that is 'going feral about it'. I'm simply stating our fans are allowed to be aggrieved by him leaving.

There's no need to feel like you need to be the moral arbiter for the situation.

What does our salary cap look like?

Billings + late pick
for
Haynes + 1st

We pay both player's salaries?

Basically buy a first rounder for about a million $$

Billings + late pick
for
Haynes + 1st

Apparently Haynes is back loaded to the hilt & is owed around $1.3m next season

A huge over reaction to say that is 'going feral about it'. I'm simply stating our fans are allowed to be aggrieved by him leaving.

There's no need to feel like you need to be the moral arbiter for the situation.
There was some pretty feral things said about him just after the news broke, not saying you were one of them. You can be annoyed about something without making rude comments about a person.
Sorry I'm trying to put some perspective on it for people who may be a bit emotional about it (which is perfectly reasonable)
Completely ignored what I said. Well done.
So you know the exact details of both contracts offered to each guy? What makes you say that Coffs deal was crappy? You privy to the exact numbers?
We wanted to keep both guys and only 1 of them accepted our contract offer? Should we have slung 800k to Coff because he might be a star in the future?

Billings + late pick
for
Haynes + 1st

If we land Haynes it will be a 2 year deal.

Negotiate another year on there? Pay him 1.6 mil over 2 years.

If it gets us another 1st round pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back