List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:

Now the part where we send that pick to Essendon for Dylan Shiel

Essendon are going to drop $2m of salary cap space

On the s**t McKay
On the s**t Duursma
On Goldstein
And on Gresham - who has had back stress fractures, torn Achilles and a ****ed Patella injury

They might win 1 or 2 more games next year. But that is not how to build a good list
Shiel - 900
McKay - 800
Gresham - 700
Goldy - 400
Duursma - 400

3.2m and still shithouse

afl yes GIF by Essendon FC

I'd be devastated if Members doesn't play again, but I really hope we don't get sucked into a 'like for like' move to bring in Gunston (even though he'd just about be free).

Our fwd line is King, Hammer, one of Coops / Hayes on form, one of the tall mids rotating in (Pou / Owens) and two smalls. We need games into King/Hammer/Coops/Hayes more than anything.
Yep, I’m ready to just rely on the young forwards and Hayes.

King and Sharman have enough experience now to play good footy together and not harm their development.

Let’s not forget that Coops has only just turned 23 after only 2 full pre seasons. He looked a lot stronger in the upper body this year and his form to finish the year suggests that he’s not far off becoming a very handy 2nd/3rd tall forward.

Hammer is still a bit raw but he’s a big boy and will fill out nicely in a few years time. He has the confidence to take the game on too, just needs to learn to play with the other key talls. In a couple of seasons we’ll be talking about him as a massive steal.

Hayes is just a solid mature body who can play forward/Ruck.

And let’s not forget Owens being a dangerous forward which a key back will probably have to play on when he’s playing forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? I don't think so. In this draft an end of first round pick is unlikely to be an immediate upgrade. Gresham at his best is a dynamic player and unique. If we go back looking for an equivalent later it's likely to cost a lot more.
You really never know. The 2015 draft was pretty hit & miss like this one is reportedly.

Reckon we'll have a crack at Geelong's 1st now anyway.

Don’t mind that in the end for Gresh. We got him for pick 14 (?) and got 8 years from him, in his first 4 years as more of a forward he was pretty damn good, injuries seem to have taken their toll slightly and Butler and Higgins has kind of pushed him into a more permanent midfield role, which is not perfect given his kicking action hasn’t improved.

He may work well for Essendon though if they’re planning on giving him more forward time, but I would dead set rather give Paddy Dow time as a permanent mid over Gresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back