List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the Injectorator's are in a full tizz, so happy to see.

200.gif

We will have 34 and 39 soon aswell as a future second.

Plenty to do a deal

I assume 34 will come in several picks after Gold Coast match all of the bids from their plethora of academy players (what a corrupt system it is).

They are hogging a raft of picks after the first round. Picks 24, 27, 28, 32 and 36.

Pick 34 could easily become pick 29, depending on when the bids are made.

That should be enough for Henry.

Geelong, Freo & Essendon are so tight fisted when it comes to negotiating in October, they wouldnt even accept a free night on the town at Crown merely because they were asked to pay for parking.

Ok 20 pages later I can’t catch up. What did I miss pls. Assume Gresh had gone considering the jump in pages.
What did we get in return and is anything else happening? Are we melting? I need to get ready 🤣
A short précis would very much be appreciated thank you🙏🏼

Ok 20 pages later I can’t catch up. What did I miss pls. Assume Gresh had gone considering the jump in pages.
What did we get in return and is anything else happening? Are we melting? I need to get ready 🤣
Gresh gone for end of first rounder

Gresh for pick 21, most are okay with it, some happy he's gone some still think it's unders. Next thing is what we pay for Henry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As fun as it is to rag on the Bombers at the moment, I'm still not happy we're losing Gresham, and the compo pick is still unders.

We picked a dynamic small forward who had all the attributes to run through the midfield. He was great in his first couple of years, a real shining light in a pretty bleak time for the club. Him breaking Lonergan's ankles and kicking that goal from the boundary against the Cats was one of our club's great highlights.

He had injuries, but wasn't injury prone - snapping an achilles could happen to anyone, and hurt his knee on unsafe Optus Stadium turf...no fault of his.

We gave him a big deal as a young player to reward his potential, and fill our minimum cap requirements. The understanding when that happens has to be that your next deal might not be as big, that some of the cash you think you've earnt has been "paid in advance".

But as soon as I hear "wants to play for a big club" - then you can * right off. The big clubs deserve those types.

Good luck Jade. You're gonna need it. If Bombers fans want your blood already for filling their cap - wait till they see your delivery inside 50

Yeah it's sad we never got a chance to get the most out of gresh- due to injuries and attitude.

He'll have a good career, but we are right to let him walk for that compo.

He was never going to reach his potential with us under ross lyon- would always be a B grader at best.

As for the compo- let's not forget that the hawks lost peak career buddy franklin for ~ pick 18.

End of first for gresh is highway robbery compared to that!

They are list managers that how they know.

Keeler went at 42

Sam Fisher, Sam Collins and Robbie Gray are not available.
Ha ha ha - they're definitely geniuses - never make an error. They know exactly in advance who is going at what pick and who will be available at the end.

Just like they did with Keeler who went at Pick 44 with our Pick 47 after matching and according to the Saints website

"When pick No. 44 rolled around at the 2022 NAB AFL Draft, the Saints were pleasantly shocked that Isaac Keeler was still available."

Glad it is done. Looking forward to Gresh kicking to Wilkie and co. next year better than he ever did to our forwards.

Gresham was the odd player who often wouldn’t celebrate goals kicked by his teammates rather than himself. That impression is seared in my memory.

Wish him well at Essendon. He is a nice player but not an elite one.

Ha ha ha - they're definitely geniuses - never make an error. They know exactly in advance who is going at what pick and who will be available at the end.

Just like they did with Keeler who went at Pick 44 with our Pick 47 after matching and according to the Saints website

"When pick No. 44 rolled around at the 2022 NAB AFL Draft, the Saints were pleasantly shocked that Isaac Keeler was still available."
Didn't say they were infallable, just that they have studied
1. What they want from the draft
2. What they want from trade
3. Who we probably lose
4. How many list spots do we need for PSD and Mid year draft

Keeler was not matched by us, Adelaide took someone else with the pick before us. Taken at 44 (not 42 as I said) still 11 picks before 55 in a draft that is shallow.

I think they probably know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back