AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting take.

Would we consider Nick Riewoldt was the spearhead of that St Kilda forward line at one stage? I mean, he was more CHF than FF.

I think my terminology might be off.

I was using it to refer to the star, the one who gets the best defender.

I wouldn't have thought Riewoldt was any less the spearhead than Carey was.

The boyhood Bombers fan saying he was so determined to be drafted by the club he took matters into his own hands.

“I wasn’t really sure and it was a bit up in the air a bit (between the first and second night of the draft),”.

“After the first night of the draft and I didn’t get picked up, I decided to call Adrian (Dodoro) believe it or not to tell him I wanted to come to the Bombers and then he sorted it out for me.

“When I look back on it, it was pretty big. I was in the moment, I called him and it worked out pretty well.”

Cheeky Jonesey!.... How's disco taking the credit too ;)

The boyhood Bombers fan saying he was so determined to be drafted by the club he took matters into his own hands.

“I wasn’t really sure and it was a bit up in the air a bit (between the first and second night of the draft),”.

“After the first night of the draft and I didn’t get picked up, I decided to call Adrian (Dodoro) believe it or not to tell him I wanted to come to the Bombers and then he sorted it out for me.

“When I look back on it, it was pretty big. I was in the moment, I called him and it worked out pretty well.”

😍

I really want to hear Dodo's take on this. Was he always planning to swap picks to get him or was he impressed by the cheek of jones? I rather hope it was the latter.

I really want to hear Dodo's take on this. Was he always planning to swap picks to get him or was he impressed by the cheek of jones? I rather hope it was the latter.
They were always keen on Jones, to what degree we wont know. Dont buy the 'we thought he was a top 10 pick' talk from dodo though. If that was the case they wouldve made a move long before 30.

He is always going to be compared with Daniher but I think he will be better. Already his work rate is superior. I have watched a few Lions games and there are times Daniher just doesn't chase at all or players just run off him easily, there is no second effort. Wonder how long Fagan will put up with that.

Also his timing of Jones's lead is so good. You can't teach that, pure instinct.

All in all, couldn't be happier.

He is always going to be compared with Daniher but I think he will be better. Already his work rate is superior. I have watched a few Lions games and there are times Daniher just doesn't chase at all or players just run off him easily, there is no second effort. Wonder how long Fagan will put up with that.

Also his timing of Jones's lead is so good. You can't teach that, pure instinct.

This kid has work ethic, passion and drive, and as far as I know, no OP or desire to move interstate.

Compare him with Nick Riewoldt if you need a comparison :)

Dermie reckons he hasnt learnt proper leading patterns yet, does a lot of useless running to where the ball will never go. I'll still take it over a guy standing behind the pack with an arm in the air

Dermie reckons he hasnt learnt proper leading patterns yet, does a lot of useless running to where the ball will never go. I'll still take it over a guy standing behind the pack with an arm in the air
Yet Carey is glowing of him. Arguably the best CHF who has played the game.

Once he gets a bit more size/physical conditioning, will be unstoppable IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks like his leading patterns are very good.

Then falling over and looking to the umpire instead of even considering a second effort

6cc64e035bef49341fc882b6e9542425.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to the SEN interview
Man that's hard to listen to. Harry the highlight of course. And the aforementioned Dodo call on draft night ^

Dwayne's questions it sounds like he's almost shouting into the mic and they had to turn it down... and the constant breaking into the interview to talk about the end of the NBA? final. ergh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back