4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably because we tend to play the stronger Test playing nations over here more than most, as we are the country all others love to beat due to our dominant era. Would be very interesting to do a poll of other countries and see which country they most want to beat, I’d say Australia would feature in the top 2 of all of them.

CA make fu** all out of teams like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Windies etc touring here as they are always whitewashes, hence we seem to go between England and India, especially with SA falling away.

I just hope Australia can start winning Test series in places like India. Had our chances last tour there, but unlike India just didn’t grasp them often enough outside of the one win.
Its true that because Australia had been so dominant, aggressive and abusive ( in play, at times in sledging) most cricketing countries hate Australian cricketers. Having said that the same dominance has also got Aus fans from other countries. So yes, Australia is the cricket team to beat but that is fading away. Aus is getting very friendly. The cricketers, the pitches and the cricket in general is friendly to touring teams. It shouldn't be in my opinion.

Been mentioned a few times and again on the telecast today. Ashes are well after that. Of course want to be in the final. Like really.
By players? It would be nice to win, but doesn’t mean much in the scheme of things. If we don’t make or win the final but then win the Ashes, I can’t imagine anyone caring about the WTC final.

should have tweeted “shame you won’t play another test, but hey, at least your teammates like you”
Hey Timmy boy, why don't we do an audit of all the things that don't like you -

- The Australian cricket-loving public :whitecheck:
- The DRS review system :whitecheck:
- Paul "Blocker" Wilson :whitecheck:
- Test centuries :whitecheck:

Last edited:
Late next month.

Have they though? Only saw them against Sir Lanka at home recently which is a layup most of the time howadays.
Elgar is a quality batsmen, bowling attack is decent. Don’t have the out and out stars like they used to, but overall still a decent enough side. I expect Australia should win still, but don’t discount SA.

Elgar is a quality batsmen, bowling attack is decent. Don’t have the out and out stars like they used to, but overall still a decent enough side. I expect Australia should win still, but don’t discount SA.
Yes. Aus may win but I hope SA whitewashes Australia. SA also need to rise back to what they were and it will prove a point that India has dented daggers into Australian cricket.

Trying to think of the alternate reality.

The Australian team is in India.

The series deciding final test is to be played at the Indians' favourite home ground, a ground they barely lose at and notorious for taking spin from Day 1. Kolkata?

In the lead up the Aussies are are largely confined to their hotel rooms.

Steve Smith left the squad after the first test. Bowling line up is ravaged by injury. The attack for this game comprises Michael Neser, Sam Rainbird, Dan Worrall and Adam Zampa.

The Indian team is at full strength, apart from their promising 1-test opening batsman.

Worrall injures his groin on day 1 meaning Cam Green has to bowl more than he's used to.

In the 1st innings Australia's 6th wicket falls when they're still nearly 200 behind. Green and Neser put on 120 for the 7th wicket, defying the spin of Ashwin/Jadeja and the 2nd new ball from Ishant/Bumrah/Siraj.

Okay I'm labouring the point but in what fantasy world does the current Australian cricket set up show this level of guts and skill?

Hahaha I certainly don’t discount SA Rabada running amok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paine went and congratulated every Indian player after their win, I’m sure Ashwin can handle banter on a sporting field. Pant talks all day behind the stumps as well, it’s just Aussies can’t understand what he’s saying. Do you think players like Gilly didn’t say a thing while keeping to try put batsmen off? Just didn’t have stump mics to hear it back then

then i’m sure he could handle a little banter on twitter

People forget this Indian side put our bowling attack to the sword 2 years ago. They just grind us into the dust.
They can play Lyon with a licorice stick , straight away the quickies have to bowl more .
Add in Starc having no impact and its a two man show .

Unless both Hazlewood and Cummins have exceptional games they most likely beat us .

Yes. Aus may win but I hope SA whitewashes Australia. SA also need to rise back to what they were and it will prove a point that India has dented daggers into Australian cricket.
The daggers were in into this Aussie cricket team two years ago! Australia were ranked sixth in the world not long ago

To hope your country gets thrashed in a test series is poor form
Australian cricket has non Australian fans too. I do not want Aus in the WTC final anymore. Two of NZ England India should be there. India v England decides it for me. If England can keep India to 2 0 or less, superb. England deserve to play the final.

The daggers were in into this Aussie cricket team two years ago! Australia were ranked sixth in the world not long ago
I understand but India repeatedly coming and beating Australia and then with a B string side, will give a lot of confidence to other teams to beat Australia. A deep dagger this is :p

Late news here I'm sure but I just wanted to post what a bloody great win that was for India (B), and maybe also cause for reflection for some of our players and officials. But will they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back