Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there been any report of the Hawks having interest in Cerra? Odd that the posters have gone from being Richmond and Blues supporters to Hawks supporters.
Cerra’s much more interesting to hawks fans than the car crash that is our coach situation at the moment.

Plus I think the PSD brought a few over as well.
Other than the fans that just read most/all threads, I reckon its 100% the PSD.

I haven't seen a link and I fully don't expect to because Hawks are barely at the start of their rebuild and Cerra would know all to well how painful they can be. Same reason I would want him to think very carefully about going to Richmond. As baffling as it sounds, Carlton are much better placed.

Give us a spell. He may end up one but no way is he now. Only delusional freo fans think be is now.

He will be a star/AA calibre player in the future (possibly as soon as next season) so if he leaves, Freo have every right to demand a premium trade/picks in return.

Nothing less than a top 10 pick plus something else will come close to getting a deal done..

Yeah, I was thinking it was the PSD thing. That's why I'm a bit sceptical of Hawks supporters rating of Cerra. Maybe thinking that a cheap kill is on the cards.
Isn’t that the big footy way? Every player for your team is worth 10 firsts. And players on other teams are worth late picks only. Until they get traded to your team and then they are the best players ever.

He will be a star/AA calibre player in the future (possibly as soon as next season) so if he leaves, Freo have every right to demand a premium trade/picks in return.

Nothing less than a top 10 pick plus something else will come close to getting a deal done..
Maybe, maybe not. Not many players make AA in their career.

Yeah we'll have around pick 10. Not quite enough on its own.

Your first and 2nd round picks in return for Cerra and their 3rd round pick seems to be around the ballpark if he nominates Richmond imo

Your 2 firsts and we will give our second back. Thats the deal I reckon it will be if he nominated Richmond. You guys will then trade into the first round with the army of second rounders

Give us a spell. He may end up one but no way is he now. Only delusional freo fans think be is now.
Maybe but I'd say the more deluded fan base are the richmond/Hawthorn fans that think he's only worth a late first or a second. Freo fans are diffusely closer to reality in this case.

Hawthorn traded Hill for pick 21, is Cerra a better prospect at the same age?

Hawthorn traded Hill for pick 21, is Cerra a better prospect at the same age?
No bearing on it, trades are not done with reference to previous trades.

Cerra a pick 5? who is developing on track for a pick that high. Will cost plenty to land him.

Doubt he's leaving for a cellar dweller like Hawks with years of rebuild in front of them. Would have been good for Carlton but they've blown their cap on long term spuds:rolleyes:

Cerra a pick 5? who is developing on track for a pick that high. Will cost plenty to land him.

Doubt he's leaving for a cellar dweller like Hawks with years of rebuild in front of them. Would have been good for Carlton but they've blown their cap on long term spuds:rolleyes:
Really? I thought they would be related.

Thats why Stephenson pick North last year right?

Adam Cerra will be better than 70-80% of the top 10 picks this year lol, I'd totally be happy to give up our future 1st for Cerra if we didn't lack KPP talent so badly.

Adam Cerra has to at least be on par with the Tom Mitchell/Taylor Adams/Josh Caddy trades right? The absolute floor is a pick in the 10-15 range, but should get more than that.

So if you actually gave this years first you'd be pissed? If Cerra wants to come to you guys then you should do what it takes! You never know when a draftee will be bad
You are right it isn’t a guarantee, but from a top 2 pick I am hoping for a player that you can build around. I love Cerra but I don’t think you can build a team around him as the star of the team.

Your first and 2nd round picks in return for Cerra and their 3rd round pick seems to be around the ballpark if he nominates Richmond imo
Yeah probably something like that.
Your 2 firsts and we will give our second back. Thats the deal I reckon it will be if he nominated Richmond. You guys will then trade into the first round with the army of second rounders
Yeah you keep saying that. It's wishful thinking. Freo will have to package up their picks if they want another 1st rounder because I'd be shocked if you get two of them off us if he nominates us.
Maybe but I'd say the more deluded fan base are the richmond/Hawthorn fans that think he's only worth a late first or a second. Freo fans are diffusely closer to reality in this case.
Dont think I've seen any Richmond fans suggest either of those?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People keep running this line regarding North and the Hawks in this thread.

Fact of the matter is, if one of them gets Cerra it strengthens them, it also inversely weakens Freo significantly.

Freo more likely to be the cellar dwellers post Cerra than North. Regardless, I see us blowing by them next year whether we get him or not.

We'll see. Deals for players of Cerra's calibre tend to get done fairly. If you think Hawthorn will find a way to get Cerra without parting with a high end current year draft pick you're dreaming.
I'd be nervous if they finish last.

It won't be our 2 firsts.

Yeah probably something like that.

Yeah you keep saying that. It's wishful thinking. Freo will have to package up their picks if they want another 1st rounder because I'd be shocked if you get two of them off us if he nominates us.

Dont think I've seen any Richmond fans suggest either of those?
Its because your second first rounder will probably be like 17 or 18. There aint that much difference between that and your second rounders and Fremantle will want it because that's exactly where the WA Talent is

Yes our first ~11 and 2nd ~24. That's fair.
But my point is that there is not much difference between 18 and 24. Would Fremantle rather trade with Carlton and get pick 6 odd or that trade, I think most people would say 6. Then again it will come down to who he nominates. He cost Pick 5. I don't get why we would accept less considering he has lived up to Pick 5 and more. Out of contract will have nothing to do with it

Who knows maybe you guys will have to Trade your first up then.
Why would we trade both picks too get a better pick?
Might as well just give you 10 & 16.
Point is if he wants to go to Carl.
The only picks they can offer you is Pick 8 and a 2nd rnd.
So why should we handover picks 10 & 16 whereas 10 & 25 is about the ball park to what you get from Carl or any other.

Back