Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know that's the kind of player he is, it's the type we need. A guy like that but with burst speed. Cripps/Setterfield/Curnow are a bit one-paced.

But if you're forcing Treloar or one of those others to kick the ball or play as a receiver more often in the rotation, would it be an addition by subtraction?

I think you'd get better value for your needs just rotating Zac Williams through the middle.

Brown for Trelaor.

We take the rumoured $3.5m (ouch) salary remaining on the contract.

For all the Collingwood fans in the Brown thread:

Well, well, well......

Club pushing him out, toxic contract without any front loading and 5 years left on it, career threatening injury history...

Can't expect the world, can you?

A second round pick sounds about right, maybe a 3rd rounder if the side picks up the enterity of that contract.

He will be on $700k+ when he is 32 years old....
We have publically stated that we dont want Brown

But if you're forcing Treloar or one of those others to kick the ball or play as a receiver more often in the rotation, would it be an addition by subtraction?

I think you'd get better value for your needs just rotating Zac Williams through the middle.

Well there's constant whispers about us being interested in Oliver and even Wines so it seems the club thinks we can fit in another 'inside mid' and Treloar would be the quickest and most flexible out of that group.

Treloar should be a Collingwood untouchable, especially with the impending retirements of Pendlebury and Sidebottom in the next 2 years.

Would love him in Navy Blue.. Would certainly give up more for Treloar than I would for Saad.

Can't really understand why...would be a huge upgrade on Darcy Cameron.

Except that Brown isn't really much of a ruck (which we need more of in that role, to spell Grundy more often), is coming off a leg injury, and is older and less athletic than Cameron.

The Pies need a true 50-100m from goal CHF (hoping Will Kelly can fill this role), or at least for their marking HF types to show more consistency (Will Hoskin-Elliott, I'm looking at you), more than they need to upgrade on Darcy Cameron. It's the transition into the forward line where things break down. Playing Jamie Elliott closer to goal (instead of having as many spells in the middle) may help too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there's constant whispers about us being interested in Oliver and even Wines so it seems the club thinks we can fit in another 'inside mid' and Treloar would be the quickest and most flexible out of that group.

Doesn't mean the club is right to think that way.

We must have something brewing, if we're looking to offload AT.....Cameron? Gunston? Time will tell.

Would make the most sense.

We must have something brewing, if we're looking to offload AT.....Cameron? Gunston? Time will tell.

Does losing Treloar for one of those necessarily make us a better side, especially if Cameron turns up with his 2020 effort levels?

I'd like to see what the Pies can do with a full season of Grundy (played every game in the last 3 years, would like to see him play 70% ruck/15% forward in 2021, for long-term preservation), Pendlebury (5 games missed in the last 3 years), Treloar (18 games missed in the last 3 years) and Adams (15 games missed in the last 3 years) together in the middle, with Sidebottom (11 games missed in the last 3 years) and the up-and-coming Daicos on the wings, and Jordan De Goey (21 games missed in the last 3 years) rotating through the centre too.

Last edited:

Pies won't trade AT to a Melbourne club. If they want to trade,it will be with GC, if he maintains he doesn't want to go he stays at the Pies. Any trade thoughts are for him to be with his family in Qld. He has 5 years to go on his current contract, he will be at the Pies or GC.

Back