Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That doesn't mean Dunkley is worth 2 first + Treloar. That's fantasy.

The trade I proposed is very reasonable. If anything, Bulldogs may give a 3rd instead of a second, but that's only a minor change.

Could be a future 3rd from dogs going to Collingwood instead of a future second to balance it out.
If I was a bulldogs list manager and im taking a first rounder and 900k hit in the cap for 5 years, treloar for a 23 year old Dunkley who's their second most talented midfielder, I may as well add myself into the trade to essendon

IMO, if he is adamant on staying in VIC, a 2nd round pick is the best offer you will get.
if dogs are interested, he could be worked into the dunkley deal but I have no idea what they would be willing to pay.

if you can convince him to go to the Gold Coast, it seems like they would give up their first.

most clubs seem to have the same concerns as pies do with the long backended contract
I think if he decided to go to Gold Coast ( I think he won’t) but if he did their offer would get smaller surely.

If he's going, the absolute least we will get is a 1st round pick. We will see who is right in the coming week I guess
No you won’t they need him out the door. In isolation is he worth a first rounder yes. But it doesn’t work like that you have no choice but to trade him or your cap situation won’t get better. Do you honestly think they would of treated him this way if it wasn’t a last resort. The only way you get a first rounder is if the club he chooses is stupid.

If he's going, the absolute least we will get is a 1st round pick. We will see who is right in the coming week I guess
For a bloke with a 5 year millstone contract, touchy mental state and a partner and child living in Queensland this year? Yeah, first rounder, rightyo

Would so love for all clubs to say no and let Pies stew in their own pile of TPP manure

I think if he decided to go to Gold Coast ( I think he won’t) but if he did their offer would get smaller surely.
GC won't pay a premium for a player who doesn't want to be there, he has made it clear he wants to be in VIC. Collingwood have definitely shot themselves in the foot here, they've handled this situation terribly and don't have much bargaining power.

GC won't pay a premium for a player who doesn't want to be there, he has made it clear he wants to be in VIC. Collingwood have definitely shot themselves in the foot here, they've handled this situation terribly and don't have much bargaining power.
But even if he wanted to all of a sudden if I’m GC I’m saying 3rd rounder if they pay the whole contract 2nd rounder if they pay 200-300k for all 5 years.

now tell me, why exactly do you think 700k is too much for treloar?
He has cooked hamstrings, he's contracted on stupid coin. he isn't that good and the Pies are desperate to get rid of him.
You should be telling us why anyone would touch him with anything other than a dirty stick.

I think the Pies and GC have already worked out a deal. Its the only reason why the Pies told Treloar that they wanted him to go. I dont think GC would suddenly take pick 5 off the table if Treloar says yes to their offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar will end up at the dogs after they trade Dunkley.
I think this is the only logical place he can go, *if* he leaves Collingwood.

He doesn't want to go interstate. Fair enough.

StKilda can't afford him, neither can Geelong or assumedly Richmond.

Melbourne, North, Essendon, Hawthorn and possibly even Carlton aren't even playing finals footy yet.

I think this is the only logical place he can go, *if* he leaves Collingwood.

He doesn't want to go interstate. Fair enough.

StKilda can't afford him, neither can Geelong or assumedly Richmond.

Melbourne, North, Essendon, Hawthorn and possibly even Carlton aren't even playing finals footy yet.
Hawthorn can be persuasive.

Why? Teams are not exactly lining up for him, and more to the point, Collingwood have made it fairly clear that he is not welcome.

If nobody comes up with the first round pick that Collingwood wants, but is willing to take Treloar and most of his wages on, I can't see Collingwood being willing to keep him and hold out for a higher price. It's the same with Ben Brown.

I wonder what the reaction from Collingwood would be if this scenario was to play out

Treloar & Tigers have a meeting and they agree that treloar to Richmond with AT taking $100k off his contract and Pies paying $200k for the next 5 years
leaving it as a $600k x 5 year deal. Tigers 1st rounder to Pies late thursday

I wonder what the reaction from Collingwood would be if this scenario was to play out

Treloar & Tigers have a meeting and they agree that treloar to Richmond with AT taking $100k off his contract and Pies paying $200k for the next 5 years
How do the Tigers fit it in with a flag winning side + the Dusty and Lynch money?

Why would Treloar accept a pay cut just because of Collingwoods incompetence

Why would Treloar accept a pay cut just because of Collingwoods incompetence
He would be accepting of the fact that he is finished at the Pies and will now be looking where he wants to finish his career and doesnt want to go interstate
Which club does he want to spend the next 5 years that gives him a chance to win a flag and a settled club with a proven record on and off the field.
Remembering that taking a 100k paycut is 50k after tax

Back