Preview AFLX - Pick me, pick me

Remove this Banner Ad

As a contrived exhibition without meaning or integrity, I feel this would be the prefect platform for the AFL to re-introduce James Hird to AFL.

In fact, bring him back as a spokesman or 'public face' of AFL-X.

The AFLX teams will be made up of kids and no-namers by Friday.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the AFL knew this would happen all along. Pick super star teams, hype it up, sell the tickets, let clubs withdraw their stars and replace the spots with lesser players.

Classic bait and switch.

Unfortunately for the AFL I doubt they made much money off the bait part anyway.

I thought this thing was last weekend. Was surprised to still be getting emails aboot it.

Hopefully less than 10,000 people turn up on friday night, so we can put a big ole stake through the heart of one of the worst ideas to ever come out of Australian sport

Saw a promo offering $10 tickets for Friday. And this is only with level 1 of the stadium open with a few bays on level 2 for reserved seating. Sounds like a Norf game :p

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the AFL knew this would happen all along. Pick super star teams, hype it up, sell the tickets, let clubs withdraw their stars and replace the spots with lesser players.

Classic bait and switch.

Unfortunately for the AFL I doubt they made much money off the bait part anyway.

Terrible idea and glad it is falling apart. Gil should dive on his sword...

Classic bait and switch.

can we offer them Will Langford anyway? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://outline.com/28BWUE

Greg Baum from the Age.. take an absolute bow..... Awesome article, well worth a read.
Yeah, I read this earlier and was going to post but got distracted. He's absolutely nailed it. A soulless game with no purpose for anybody.

What was wrong with last years version? Well everything, but at least we got to see the kids from each team have a go.

It should be scrapped and we just start televising practice matches now.

AFLX...

6-8 teams have Praccy Matches just before or on the day of this silly marketing gimmick.

Almost as if the AFL concocted then implemented an idea without considering how it might affect the clubs. Obviously, that would never happen...
I reckon it's more like the clubs pencilled in their praccy matches once the date was locked in so they could pull players out

I went to the practice match at Princes Park yesterday arvo and it was awesome. Carlton supporters missed Fish and Cripps - we were missing only Burgers to the circus X. Notably Carlton supporters felt let down.

Ground was in great shape. Bruest didn’t get much time but looked really sharp and uninjured to me.

Great to see hip and shoulders from Roughy and very-tanned Cegs taking some grabs on the run.

For the oppo - Sam Walsh is going to be a gun.

Would much rather see a JLT than the Marvel circus.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back