Any Membership discussions? auto renew is 2nd Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't we just scan our membership card as we could pre 2020 this season ?

For GA, absolutely. Those bemoaning Ticketek are trying to upgrade to reserved seats for the Carlton game.

For GA, absolutely. Those bemoaning Ticketek are trying to upgrade to reserved seats for the Carlton game.
Sorry for repeating previous questions but I'm finding it a bit confusing and don't want to stuff up.

Just checking: I'm a general admission member so... the physical card is just a souvenir and of no practical use but the digital membership card can be used for general admission? ie you just walk up on the day (having downloaded the card sometime in the 48 hrs prior) and scan it and provided the ground isn't full, you get in? No need to book.

Also, there are no guest allocations anymore as part of general admission memberships is that right? So you just have to pre-buy a normal ticket for the general admission areas, right? You don't need a membership barcode for this?

Last edited:
Sorry for repeating previous questions but I'm finding it a bit confusing and don't want to stuff up.

Just checking: I'm a general admission member so... the physical card is just a souvenir and of no practical use but the digital membership card can be used for general admission? ie you just walk up on the day (having downloaded the card sometime in the 48 hrs prior) and scan it and provided the ground isn't full, you get in? No need to book.

Also, there are no guest allocations anymore as part of general admission memberships is that right? So you just have to pre-buy a normal ticket for the general admission areas, right? You don't need a membership barcode for this?

Okay this I have no idea about so may be best to check with the club directly. My assumption was I could just go to designated away games, scan my membership card and enter like I have in the past.

Having read the Hawks website it does mention the souvenir business - but then mentions this only for GA and Dunstall Club members and says your plastic card has no barcode. I am a Gold member and my membership card most certainly has a barcode. I used that barcode to upgrade my GA tickets for the Carlton game - so I have to assume it works at the G but I am now not 100% certain.

EDIT - Looking at the membership site it would appear that Gold members still can scan in. So I am fairly certain if you are a reserved seat member you just scan your card.

Okay this I have no idea about so may be best to check with the club directly. My assumption was I could just go to designated away games, scan my membership card and enter like I have in the past.

Having read the Hawks website it does mention the souvenir business - but then mentions this only for GA and Dunstall Club members and says your plastic card has no barcode. I am a Gold member and my membership card most certainly has a barcode. I used that barcode to upgrade my GA tickets for the Carlton game - so I have to assume it works at the G but I am now not 100% certain.

EDIT - Looking at the membership site it would appear that Gold members still can scan in. So I am fairly certain if you are a reserved seat member you just scan your card.
Thanks, appreciate the response. I'll contact the club.

I rang the club this morning on the membership card / bar code issue.
I am a Kennedy Club member.
The person I spoke to was very clear as follows:

• For reserved seat holders the bar code on your membership card will get you into the ground and your reserved seat for home games
  • For reserved seat holders your membership card will also get you into ga for replacement games - that is, you will not need a digital bar code
  • You will need a digital bar code if you choose to upgrade to a reserved seat for replacement games

- GA members will need a digital bar code for home games and replacement games, whether for ga or upgrading to a reserved seat

I’m really now thinking my move from gold to dunstall club is not as convenient as it first seemed.

We seemed to get shafted in the covid ticketing scramble and now you need to make sure phone, passwords etc are correct for digital ticketing.
And dunstall gold the same price as gold

Not whinging as I changed with my eyes open, I just don’t think ‘convenience’ is the right selling point

Hi all,
Am just wondering if anyone who has an international membership has received their watch afl codes this year yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received an email today saying the digital barcode is now available in the app

Check the app and it has me sitting in an allocated seat that doesnt exist on the seating chart ?

I'm a GA 11 game member (free upgrade from 3 game)

Received an email today saying the digital barcode is now available in the app

Check the app and it has me sitting in an allocated seat that doesnt exist on the seating chart ?

I'm a GA 11 game member (free upgrade from 3 game)
I've got the same membership - I checked the app today and I've been allocated a specific seat too which worries me because the GA guest ticket I bought, on the advice of HFC, has no seat allocation (as you'd expect).

Maybe our GA member seats are not real seats and we can sit anywhere in GA? Does anyone know?

I'd be happy to send anything on to you from Hawksnest,

Let me know...
Just wanted to say thanks for this offer, mate. I had a chat with the club who are helping me to get a scarf, but I really appreciated this offer. It was super kind of you.

I might ask you for help in the future if the offer stands - because of all the hassle with shipping, my gear is all out of date. My favourite cap has the last premiership date as 91!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back