AO TV Coverage Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wth is with Culbert repeatedly calling the guy "Jonathan" (instead of John) Isner?

Is he deliberately trying to be a smartarse, or is he actually really as ignorant as he's making himself sound?

(And how great that we're getting yet another replay of Gavrilova when Kuznetsov and Sela are playing out the very absorbing early stages of what could be a ripping match.)

Their night coverage is more pleasant simply because they can't cut away to countless delayed and often useless match points of other matches, missing points of the match they're showing in the process.

I'm watching Tsonga-Nishikori on the 7tennis website and I must say it has its pros compared to TV... no missed points, no commercials, no interruptions to update on other games, no Bruce/Hamish/Basil etc.

I'm probably going to stick with this even for the games on TV, those are massive pros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm watching Tsonga-Nishikori on the 7tennis website and I must say it has its pros compared to TV... no missed points, no commercials, no interruptions to update on other games, no Bruce/Hamish/Basil etc.

I'm probably going to stick with this even for the games on TV, those are massive pros.
Yeah I must admit the coverage is surprisingly good and stable. Commentators much more bearable and with very little patented channel 7 rubbish. I may end up watching a fair bit online also.

Channel 7.

Why you do this s**t?

Must've determined there aren't enough AUSSIES left to necessitate 2 channels (Tomic and Gavrilova won't clash). In hindsight that was the real reason they had 2 channels.

Reminds me of Nine pumping up the Cricket World Cup when Australia's in it but not bothering to show the whole 2011 final because Australia wasn't in it.

Must've determined there aren't enough AUSSIES left to necessitate 2 channels (Tomic and Gavrilova won't clash). In hindsight that was the real reason they had 2 channels.

Reminds me of Nine pumping up the Cricket World Cup when Australia's in it but not bothering to show the whole 2011 final because Australia wasn't in it.

The coverage was always going to be reverted to one channel at same stage. Channel Seven fairly determined today was appropriate purely given the smaller quantity of matches on offer. Unless the audience showed enthusiasm in watching juniors and legends doubles matches. I personally wished they had a few more days of two channels in order to show more doubles. Afterall there would be more competition doubles played on Australian tennis courts each year than singles.

Just another slap in the face to Novak this tournament if it happens. Let's see.

Other than playing on MCA and getting taken off TV mid match, another slap in the face is they didn't play his tribute video for Lleyton along with Federer/Nadal/Murray even though it was recorded. Novak has no idea why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back