Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

Remove this Banner Ad

So Umpire's mic is busted.

Dandy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone enlighten me why the majority of Australian crowds dislike Djokovic so much?

He doesn't receive the adoration and respect he deserves in my opinion.
This is not solely an Australian thing. He doesn't get anywhere near the love of federer and nadal in the USA or England. Gets a lot of love in paris, rome, Asian swing.

Considering he is a 6 time champ here, should be adored. But there are things that annoy people.
1) the ball bouncing
2) his game style is not all that visually appealing from a classic tennis point of view
3) he gets angry sometimes and that puts people off
4) some people find him fake
5) the retirements in the heat when he was younger

He's been my favourite for a while now. Was ecstatic when he won the Roland garros title. Since then i don't mind what else he achieves in his career.

I don't like him because of his shorts. They are too long and tight in the leg, although the ones he's wearing now aren't so bad. Even so I don't like him because he is a bad tempered drama queen.

Can anyone enlighten me why the majority of Australian crowds dislike Djokovic so much?

He's long suffered the problem of being the 'third guy' behind Federer and Nadal

Because he's the real life version of

LiveGenuineAllensbigearedbat-small.gif

ZanyAnyHarborseal-small.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back