Toast Best Remembered Grand Final Goals of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Some individual GF goals just stay in the memory for all eternity by the winner’s fans and there’s been some absolute beauties in history.
Petracca’s reverse banana dribble kick and Oliver’s running in from centre slammer are two that will long be remembered by Dees fans yesterday.

Bombers have Leon Baker’s twist /blind turner in 84’…Calthorpe’s run and bounce long range bomb at the start of the 3rd in 93’…plus Long’s bouncing and weaving not touched by SOS on goal line classic.

KB in 1980 evading and running away from Stan Margo on the boundary slamming home his 7th goal through the Punt Rd goals.

Dusty has multiple ones to choose from but Tiger fans must have a favourite from the 3 flag games.

Darren Jarman’s last qrt two step bomb in 97’ (he kicked 5 that qrt from memory)

Tom Boyd’s last qrt one in 2016 sticks in my mind.

As a fan, what special goals are etched in your mind forever as a special Grand Final moment.

* apologies to Saints fans because there’s nothing of note except Breen’s point. Which sort of counts …😊

Last edited:
Both of Pickens and then Boyds in 2016.

Hodge in 2015.

Smith in 2013.

Dusty last season.

Dews second in 08.

Clokes massive set shot from 2011 sticks in my mind for some reason.

Malceski still haunts my dreams.

SHEED.

Voss to seal it in 01.
Aker to seal it in 02

Both of Pickens and then Boyds in 2016.

Hodge in 2015.

Smith in 2013.

Dusty last season.

Dews second in 08.

Clokes massive set shot from 2011 sticks in my mind for some reason.

Malceski still haunts my dreams.

SHEED.

Voss to seal it in 01.
Aker to seal it in 02

yes Dew’s gem in 08’ is one that’s instantly recalled 👌

The Chapman snap.
The whole lead up to it, the Scarlett toe poke and the great crumb by Varcoe to give it to Chapman.

ahh yes of course …and the Scarlett/Lil Gaz way it got down there makes it even more special. That handpass out to Chappy was memorable too (can’t remember who dished it out though)

Peter Vardy's goal, where he has his hands up in celebration mid roll on the ground before popping up to finish his celebrations.

The Chapman snap.
The whole lead up to it, the Scarlett toe poke and the great crumb by Varcoe to give it to Chapman.

I can remember it better than any goal that happened this year. One of the greatest GF sequences ever.

Dusty had three last year. Fourth one was the best technically, third one was the sealer but the second one singlehandedly turned the game.

I can’t go past Chapman in 2009 though, for recent times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca dribble goal and Hodge 2015 were both RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

Without a doubt it’s the most hilarious public freakout by a losing bunch of supporters. I forgot he says it twice and is crying. “ Absolute the Crows we’re robbed! Right in front of me…right..in front ..of me!

classic

Gary Ablett snr's throw-in shark-n-snap in 1989 is iconic, despite the Cats going on to lose the game.

Martin's goal in last year's GF was incredible.

Peter Matera setting sail from outside 50 on the run was poetry in motion.

2011, Travis Varcoe, 4th quarter, ******* mad goal.

Peter Vardy's goal, where he has his hands up in celebration mid roll on the ground before popping up to finish his celebrations.
'Very tight angle, but you can guess the result.' I love the slow-motion replay that Channel 7 broadcast straight afterwards.

Great grand final goals are highlights of the highlights - they symbolise the whole match and the whole premiership. Supporters watch them over and over, and so they should. For other matches in the modern era, the ones I most remember are the usual suspects: Dew 2008, Chapman 2009, Malceski 2012 ('Is that the grand final?! ... Sydney are premiers!'), Hodge 2015 which I was lucky enough to see in person and I didn't know how the **** he kicked it, Boyd 2016, Sheed 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back