Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer i agree 600 - 650k for 4 years. id be comfortable with that from Ports perspective. Plus we have the slight advantage of being in Adelaide, where he wants to stay.
And with Cap to burn hes the age we need a couple of players at

Couple of questions...

Do you really have 'cap to burn'? Impressive management if true.

Is Crouch really a type that you need? Expecting some best 22 midfielders to potentially leave in the off-season?

Couple of questions...

Is Crouch really a type that you need? Expecting some best 22 midfielders to potentially leave in the off-season?

apparently top 3 in cap space. And that was before both Watts and Westhoff retired.

Boak, Rockliff, Ebert, Motlop, Gray in there 30s. We have a large gap in the 23 - 27year old range.

Yer i agree 600 - 650k for 4 years. id be comfortable with that from Ports perspective. Plus we have the slight advantage of being in Adelaide, where he wants to stay.

has more idea than 99% of the people in here
It's pretty hard to see a deal being able to be done that sees him head to Port. I agree it's about right for his worth but it won't net the crows band 1 and you guys need your pick 1 to match a bid for Jones so don't have capital to trade unless crows are willing to look at draft picks for next year.

I'd hope the crows would match that deal if that's the best one offered, I'm happy for him to stay on a deal like that. But any longer then a 4 year deal and I'd prefer to see him go given his injury history.

Couple of questions...

Does $2.6M over 4 get close to band one ? Not that anyone in the free world knows the compensation formula...

It's pretty hard to see a deal being able to be done that sees him head to Port. I agree it's about right for his worth but it won't net the crows band 1 and you guys need your pick 1 to match a bid for Jones so don't have capital to trade unless crows are willing to look at draft picks for next year.

I'd hope the crows would match that deal if that's the best one offered, I'm happy for him to stay on a deal like that. But any longer then a 4 year deal and I'd prefer to see him go given his injury history.

Cant see how he remains a crow now.

Does $2.6M over 4 get close to band one ? Not that anyone in the free world knows the compensation formula...
Yeah hard to know but general consensus seems to be that it's short. Add another year to that and it'd be pretty touch and go, maybe still a touch short, probably needs to be around $3.5M over 5 to get it over the line.

This is slightly confusing, given that just yesterday Crouch himself said Port hadn't made an offer - as did his manager a few days back. Did that change overnight, or is someone telling fibs? This 'Rucci' guy seems to make a lot of stuff up.

If he has info that others don't and this is indeed true, then Crouch should be laughing as that would tick all the boxes for him
Whats funnier is that port actually came out yesterday and said they havent made any offers to crouch either..

They are focused on the finals series.

Rucci no longer has contacts and tends to just make s**t up these days

Port dont have a first round pick this year unless they can trade for 1.

Whats funnier is that port actually came out yesterday and said they havent made any offers to crouch either..

Rucci no longer has contacts and tends to just make sh*t up these days

cant argue to much with that.

But also maybe coming out publicly like that, even if he is lying, is keeping players heads in the game. Not filling it with rumours or worrying about the place in the team next year etc.

But i agree either could be true

has more idea than 99% of the people in here
So both Brad himself and Port Adelaide have both said in the last 24-48 hours that they havent had contact in regards to any contracts/offers..

but Rucci knows better?..

Now Crouch has been confirmed not to of not been offered a contract at all, but they will play hardball with any team that does to suit their own interests. That's standard in the industry apparently.
According to who? The have offered him a contract at the start of the year, it wasn't close to what Crouch wanted at the time. This has been confirmed. So the club has let him test free agency, if he can get close to what he wants then good for him.
I would think 4 years at 650K is well under what his intiall demands were and at that the Crows would certainly match it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few people in here actually need to go and listen to his most recent radio segment on wednesday night.

he clearly states thathe would consider any offers that came from Port but none have come.

He has had two offers from other clubs come in

According to who? The have offered him a contract at the start of the year, it wasn't close to what Crouch wanted at the time. This has been confirmed. So the club has let him test free agency, if he can get close to what he wants then good for him.
I would think 4 years at 650K is well under what his intiall demands were and at that the Crows would certainly match it.

Ahhh, according to Brad himself? Did you miss the direct quote from him in my post that you trimmed down to reply to? Fox Footy also confirmed it in an article today, basically everyone else is as well.

I'm glad you are confident the Crows will be the first club in the history of FA to match a RFA. If he accepts a contract from another club he will get there IMO. This strange narrative from Crows posters that they will get the absolute best result for the club, on their terms no matter what is very unrealistic. Personally, I think it will be a pick in the 20s after all of the academy/NGAs if he goes, which I think is very likely.

Ahhh, according to Brad himself? Did you miss the direct quote from him in my post that you trimmed down to reply to? Fox Footy also confirmed it in an article today, basically everyone else is as well.

I'm glad you are confident the Crows will be the first club in the history of FA to match a RFA. If he accepts a contract from another club he will get there IMO. This strange narrative from Crows posters that they will get the absolute best result for the club, on their terms no matter what is very unrealistic. Personally, I think it will be a pick in the 20s after all of the academy/NGAs if he goes, which I think is very likely.
Brad was on the radio yesterday and said they club has tabled an offer to him at the start of the year? Fiveaa podcast if you don't believe me, and the coach said exactly the same thing an radio yesterday as well.
So to say there has been no offer is complete rubbish. Sure they may not have come back with another offer since then but why would they when the two parties are so far apart aparently.

Maybe point out where Brad says there he has not been offered any contract this year.

Exactly, i cant see anyway he will remain at the crows. none.
and If he accepts a contract from Port we have very little in the way of picks to trade. we have no first and all our seconds will go to matching a Jones bid.
Crows will be hoping its Geelong he accepts the contract from!!

Brad was on the radio yesterday and said they club has tabled an offer to him at the start of the year? Fiveaa podcast if you don't believe me, and the coach said exactly the same thing an radio yesterday as well.
So to say there has been no offer is complete rubbish. Sure they may not have come back with another offer since then but why would they when the two parties are so far apart aparently.

Maybe point out where Brad says there he has not been offered any contract this year.
Do you believe that offer is still on the table assuming it was pre COVID? Was it so derisory it was never going to taken seriously and was designed to push Crouch to search out other offers? I have no idea either way.

A few people in here actually need to go and listen to his most recent radio segment on wednesday night.

he clearly states thathe would consider any offers that came from Port but none have come.

He has had two offers from other clubs come in
And Chris Davies from Port Adelaide stating late yesterday that port arent looking at Free Agents at the moment.. are instead focused on finals campaign.

at the start of the year and since covid they have pulled there offer and not put on a new one.
alot has changed since covid started. Adelaide didnt think they were going to be as bad as they are, they accept the next few years they are in for a world of pain, And crouch coming to the end of his career isnt helping them when hopefully adelaide has turned it around. They dont want crouch like they did at the start of the year.
they already have sloane on a poor contract for them and little in the way of cap space

Do you believe that offer is still on the table assuming it was pre COVID? Was it so derisory it was never going to taken seriously and was designed to push Crouch to search out other offers? I have no idea either way.
Well we don't know. The Crows only offered 3 yrs we do know that, what money who knows but i would have thought 600k a year would have been close. If Crouch came back with 5yrs at 850-900K a year that's a fair way apart. And well is he can get 5/900K then he goes.
But if the only offers are like the supposed port offer of 4/650K then that is matchable for the crows.

at the start of the year and since covid they have pulled there offer and not put on a new one.
alot has changed since covid started. Adelaide didnt think they were going to be as bad as they are, they accept the next few years they are in for a world of pain, And crouch coming to the end of his career isnt helping them when hopefully adelaide has turned it around. They dont want crouch like they did at the start of the year.
they already have sloane on a poor contract for them and little in the way of cap space
Or maybe Brad is not worth what he thought at the start of the year. Maybe that is the whole point of free agency so players get payed way overs others suffer a reality that they really are only a good player.

Rucci no longer has contacts and tends to just make sh*t up these days

Sure, the coaches and playing group are focused on finals but why would the list management team be? What else have they got going on?

So both Brad himself and Port Adelaide have both said in the last 24-48 hours that they havent had contact in regards to any contracts/offers..

but Rucci knows better?..

Could be a tentative offer, nothing official as yet.

Brad Crouch has had his exit meeting with the Adelaide Crows and says that, although he would like to stay at the club, no deal has been tabled.

“I love Adelaide and really wanna stay in Adelaide ... it’s just one of those things that could be an option but doesn’t look likely at the moment.”

Direct quote. If he had been offered a contract, being keen to stay, he could just sign it...

"Adelaide won't even come close to making an offer until they know what is on the table from rival clubs, what compensation pick is available."

But yeah, it's 'complete rubbish'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back