Carlton Vs Hawthorn Quarter Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton had a full side out there.....

Yeah, we play 4 rookies in our full strength team all the time. lol. Try again. Don't understand why Hawks supporters are looking for excuses for their loss. It was just a NAB practise game. Doesn't mean anything. Ratten pretty much has said so before and after that game. It's just a chance to give a few players a run an try out some tactics. Nothing more. The Blues only focus is round 1 and beyond. :)

Yeah, we play 4 rookies in our full strength team all the time. lol. Try again. Don't understand why Hawks supporters are looking for excuses for their loss. It was just a NAB practise game. Doesn't mean anything. Ratten pretty much has said so before and after that game. It's just a chance to give a few players a run an try out some tactics. Nothing more. The Blues only focus is round 1 and beyond. :)

We played rookies in our side during our premiership year. Every team does it at some stage. Doesn't change the fact that Carlton had an AFL ready side on the ground on Saturday and Hawthorn had a much younger team, and even omitted veterans from last weeks match.

We played rookies in our side during our premiership year. Every team does it at some stage. Doesn't change the fact that Carlton had an AFL ready side on the ground on Saturday and Hawthorn had a much younger team, and even omitted veterans from last weeks match.

Having trouble counting to four Podge?

We played rookies in our side....

But the obvious point you're trying to avoid is no one plays 4 rookies in their full-strength side. lol. I suspect you didn't even look at the teams or watch the game. Anyway, I wouldn't stress too much over the Hawks loss, as it probably doesn't mean that much. It was just a practice game after all. :)

You really are struggling, Podgey.

We were understrength. We all know that the likes of Buddy and Hodge are better players than the likes of Scotland and Walker. What is being argued, and what you completely miss time and time again, is that the players we were missing are vital to our side, just as Buddy and Hodge are to yours.

Just for you because you are special and seem to be unable to understand things - I'm not comparing them in terms of how good these players are, but rather the importance of them to their respective sides.

And while we are at it, I'd like you to please tell me which club played 4 rookie listed players in the one side at the same time in the premiership season. Since you have said that every team does it at some stage, it shouldn't be too hard for you to give me specific examples, now should it? And note, just again because you are special: I am aware that this is NAB Cup rather than the real season, but due to your assertion that Carlton fielded a full strength team last night, then it shouldn't matter as according to you they would have all been played in the 1 team during the real stuff.

To put it simply, the fact that we had Garlett, Bentley, Joseph, Jacobs, Joseph, Anderson and to a lesser extent Armfield, Robinson and Hampson, all run out on the park, indicates to those that aren't complete and utter morons that we were not fielding a full strength side at all.

Now, for everyone else - let's watch how podgey doesn't directly answer what I've said above, deflecting time and time again away from the real issues, just as he (?) knows how.

You really are struggling, Podgey.

We were understrength. We all know that the likes of Buddy and Hodge are better players than the likes of Scotland and Walker. What is being argued, and what you completely miss time and time again, is that the players we were missing are vital to our side, just as Buddy and Hodge are to yours.

Just for you because you are special and seem to be unable to understand things - I'm not comparing them in terms of how good these players are, but rather the importance of them to their respective sides.

And while we are at it, I'd like you to please tell me which club played 4 rookie listed players in the one side at the same time in the premiership season. Since you have said that every team does it at some stage, it shouldn't be too hard for you to give me specific examples, now should it? And note, just again because you are special: I am aware that this is NAB Cup rather than the real season, but due to your assertion that Carlton fielded a full strength team last night, then it shouldn't matter as according to you they would have all been played in the 1 team during the real stuff.

To put it simply, the fact that we had Garlett, Bentley, Joseph, Jacobs, Joseph, Anderson and to a lesser extent Armfield, Robinson and Hampson, all run out on the park, indicates to those that aren't complete and utter morons that we were not fielding a full strength side at all.

Now, for everyone else - let's watch how podgey doesn't directly answer what I've said above, deflecting time and time again away from the real issues, just as he (?) knows how.

So you want me to tell you when I last saw four rookie-listed players in an AFL side?

Well obviously to play in the AFL you require the aforementioned rookie-listed players to be elevated.

Let me think, Clinton Young, Brad Sewell, Ben McGlynn two years ago for the Hawks played in the same side. That's 3 rookie-listed players in one side at the same time. This is just off the top of my head though.

For all intents and purposes it was a full-strength AFL side.

Scotland, Walker, Carazzo. Carrots actually cost you games last year, let's not even count him.

Look, assuming Franklin stays fit, and Clarkson can implement his ultraflooding gameplan as well as he did in 2008, there is no reason why the Hawks can't be top-4 in 2009 and possibly even win the flag. But there are a few significant "ifs" of course. And that's the issue. Anyway, don't get too hung up on yesetrday's practice game. It really didn't tell us anything new. H&A is what matters. :)

Obviously you didn't watch last years prelim or grand final, or maybe just didn't pay enough attention to the fact that we don't rely on buddy to win games.

No Kreuzer, no Carlton i thought. Perhaps im wrong.
Enough arguing, both teams were depleated and went for some youth. Hawks youth looked solid early, Blues youth to turn around a 5 goal deficit was a little more impressive. I think these teams will be up the pointy end for many seasons to come. Perhaps Carlton just have a little more coming through.

Agreed. Carlton was closer to full strength than Hawthorn. Bottomline is that if Hawthorn had it's best team on the paddock they would have been up by ten goals or more at quarter time. GAME OVER.

Some of the Carlton people posting here need a severe dose of reality. :(

So you want me to tell you when I last saw four rookie-listed players in an AFL side?

Well obviously to play in the AFL you require the aforementioned rookie-listed players to be elevated.

Let me think, Clinton Young, Brad Sewell, Ben McGlynn two years ago for the Hawks played in the same side. That's 3 rookie-listed players in one side at the same time. This is just off the top of my head though.

McGlynn was promoted in 2006, Sewell in 2003 and Young in 2005. Two years ago was 2007, so the 3 players you mentioned were not all rookies at the time they played in the same team. They were ex-rookies that played in the same team, which is completely different to what I asked you to show. You have once again completely missed the point, but I cannot say that I am surprised.

So, because it apparently happens frequently as "every team does it at some stage" during the real season, I'd still like you to name at least one instance where this happened. And you might need to do some research this time, because the example you gave off the top of your head was completely incorrect. Just in case you have forgotten, I'll repeat the question - when has a club played 4 rookie listed players (that were rookies at the time they were playing) in the same game during the Home and Away season? Come on, apparently it shouldn't be too hard to tell me...

For all intents and purposes it was a full-strength AFL side.

The only purpose for which we could say that Carlton had a full strength AFL side playing on Sunday would be to aid your trolling.

But then if we deal with reality, which you clearly struggle to do, you'll start reading what we have been saying. That seems to be completely beyond you, though.

Scotland, Walker, Carazzo. Carrots actually cost you games last year, let's not even count him.

No. Let's count them because they are completely relevant to this discussion. They just don't suit your argument.

I would just like to say thank you to Carlton for beating Hawthorn. Maybe now their annoying arrogant supporters can shut up until Round 1 hopefully ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well them thrashing North Melbourne didn't seem to have any such effect on you.:rolleyes:

You guys talk of your team as if they are the greatest thing to hit the earth and all you do is give shit to carlton and many other teams on the forums, now they beat you, suck shit :) and i knew they would beat north, i think carlton will do very good this year.

No they don't. Check the career of Michael Jamison to correct your understanding.

That would be 3 players on the senior list. Seems you're pushing shit uphill Ray.

McGlynn was promoted in 2006, Sewell in 2003 and Young in 2005. Two years ago was 2007, so the 3 players you mentioned were not all rookies at the time they played in the same team. They were ex-rookies that played in the same team, which is completely different to what I asked you to show. You have once again completely missed the point, but I cannot say that I am surprised.

You had a full side son, and you barely managed to overcome a team with only a handful of senior player and missing it's best two players. :eek:

Deal with it.

No rookie-listed players can play in the season proper, they are only able to play in the NAB Cup. You played four. Wow! :rolleyes:

If you want to talk elevated rookies, then the previous example stand.

Your side against Hawthorn would not look out of place in the season proper, all you have to do is elevate those kids to the senior list :thumbsu:

Scotland, Walker, Carrazzo. Spuds.

No they don't. Check the career of Michael Jamison to correct your understanding.

Yeah they do. Michael Jamison was elevated to the senior list before his debut. It's a requirement. Sure it was after a retirement, but that's one of the conditions. Senior listed player so he doesn't count either.

In the end it was a trick question by Jeremias.

That would be 3 players on the senior list. Seems you're pushing shit uphill Ray.

Rookie-listed players can't play in the AFL. These 3 examples are as close as you're gonna get. All you need to do is elevate the rookies and voila, they're not rookies anymore, but the lack of experience remains.

Yeah they do. Michael Jamison was elevated to the senior list before his debut. It's a requirement. Sure it was after a retirement, but that's one of the conditions. Senior listed player so he doesn't count either.
Wrong! Jamison played an entire season as Carlton's Nominated Rooke. Never came off the the Rookie List. This year we have the opportunity to play another 2 rookies without elevation and a third halfway through the season.

Check your rules Ray!

In the end it was a trick question by Jeremias.

:eek:
Rookie-listed players can't play in the AFL. These 3 examples are as close as you're gonna get. All you need to do is elevate the rookies and voila, they're not rookies anymore, but the lack of experience remains.

Wrong and wrong.

Wrong! Jamison played an entire season as Carlton's Nominated Rooke. Never came off the the Rookie List. This year we have the opportunity to play another 2 rookies without elevation and a third halfway through the season.

Check your rules Ray!

Yes I get the rules. Rookies can be elevated to the senior list when there is a retirement or injury during the season. Officially, Jamison was elevated at the end of the year, and was therefore a rookie when he was playing. It just depends on how technical you want to get.

Wrong and wrong.

It was a good trick question by Jeremias. Playing rookies in a NAB Cup game is not the same as playing them in an AFL Season. However I have no doubt that Joseph, Gartlett, etc are at least as good as Simon Wiggins. You had a full side and did well to get over the Box Hill Hawkers.
I know you're coming.

You guys talk of your team as if they are the greatest thing to hit the earth and all you do is give shit to carlton and many other teams on the forums, now they beat you, suck shit :) and i knew they would beat north, i think carlton will do very good this year.

Pathetic.

Find me just one example of me talking Hawthorn up as 'the greatest thing to hit the Earth'.

Stop making generalisations based on the views of the minority tryhard.

Pathetic.

Find me just one example of me talking Hawthorn up as 'the greatest thing to hit the Earth'.

Stop making generalisations based on the views of the minority tryhard.

Hawthorn supporters still going on about this game! lol. Bottom line - you lost without Franklin against a Blues lineup fielding 4 rookies. it's over. Suck it up and move on. It was only a practise game, and probably doesn't mean too much, and doesn't tell us anything new about the Hawks reliance on Franklin. :)

Yes I get the rules. Rookies can be elevated to the senior list when there is a retirement or injury during the season. Officially, Jamison was elevated at the end of the year, and was therefore a rookie when he was playing. It just depends on how technical you want to get.

Nothing technical about it. Jamison was never an elevated rookie. He was nominated rookie. Just as Carlton can have no injuries and no retirements yet still play 2 unelevated rookies this year.

I suggest you follow my advice and check the rules Ray :eek:

Hawthorn supporters still going on about this game! lol. Bottom line - you lost without Franklin against a Blues lineup fielding 4 rookies. it's over. Suck it up and move on. It was only a practise game, and probably doesn't mean too much, and doesn't tell us anything new about the Hawks reliance on Franklin. :)
Your reliance on fev >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Our reliance on buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back