Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs Essendon - Good Friday footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly mate.
The words are powerful they convey the deep seated belief patterns.
If we are hopeful that things will go our way, and hopefully we will win.
If they don't, then we have already accepted that scenario, long before it happened.
My opinion is that the difference between elite athletes, is the 10% between their ears. Whatever that % gap is

Hear, hear!

There's a massive difference between "hope" and the single mindedness that goes with, "we are going to succeed, or we are going to die in the process"

Have enough direct and 2nd hand evidence of Denis' messaging to his staff and players.

He wasn't acting one way in public and another in private I can assure you. Hard taskmaster.

He could be an absolute prick, but he had what was required to make men succeed!!!!!

This is fundamentally why I have issues with the cultural takeover of the club that has occurred over the last 10 years.

I have no interest in my football club being "nice" if it in any way compromises success, and more importantly survival.

He could be an absolute prick, but he had what was required to make men succeed!!!!!

This is why fundamentally why I have issues with the cultural takeover of the club that has occurred over the last 10 years.

I have no interest in my football club being "nice" if it in any way compromises success, and more importantly survival.

Without going full detour in the Bradlands, this is what I think (from afar) Brad seems to miss in being a leader.

Denis was stern and in fitting with the times rude and degrading to a lot of players. Yet how many of them came to respect and love him years later?

Once had a long chat with a Pagan coached player during his playing career. The player peppered his conversation with "*****ing Denis" the whole time while listing all his faults. Gave me a lot of detail into how Denis managed players and how many of them resented him at the time.

Fast forward years later and the same player is affectionately hugging Denis in public after calling him for advice on the morning... of the grand final.

Denis was also the one who rode Choppy hard to make him lose weight and barreled him along the way.

Years later when Choppy wasn't initially fitting in at Port, which coach does he and his family wait hours for after a game to spend the evening with?

Denis clearly had a loving, caring side towards his players but it came through as part of a total arsenal.

This is fundamentally why I have issues with the cultural takeover of the club that has occurred over the last 10 years.

You do know the club actually did die under Denis - we signed our own warrant to merge with Fitzroy - and we started the selling games to Sydney s**t under him too.

The current administration has us in our best financial position ever. This is not opinion, it is fact.

There's a problem with Scott's attitude for sure, and the board should have been tougher and not been bedazzled by him when they extended his contract again.

But in terms of survival, this administration has guaranteed that.

Without going full detour in the Bradlands, this is what I think (from afar) Brad seems to miss in being a leader.

Denis was stern and in fitting with the times rude and degrading to a lot of players. Yet how many of them came to respect and love him years later?

Once had a long chat with a Pagan coached player during his playing career. The player peppered his conversation with "*****ing Denis" the whole time while listing all his faults. Gave me a lot of detail into how Denis managed players and how many of them resented him at the time.

Fast forward years later and the same player is affectionately hugging Denis in public after calling him for advice on the morning... of the grand final.

Denis was also the one who rode Choppy hard to make him lose weight and barreled him along the way.

Years later when Choppy wasn't initially fitting in at Port, which coach does he and his family wait hours for after a game to spend the evening with?

Denis clearly had a loving, caring side towards his players but it came through as part of a total arsenal.

Yep, I look at Clarkson and he's clearly got the harder edge that Brad lacks.

(I actually think Brad has it, but doesn't want to show it, because he dislikes the person he was in his 20s)

Serious, when is Shortsteps going to get a haircut? He's a grown man, physically at least.

Although, as I said earlier, most Essendon fans dress the same way as they did when they were 17, so only fitting their captain applies the same logic to his appearance.

You do know the club actually did die under Denis - we signed our own warrant to merge with Fitzroy - and we started the selling games to Sydney s**t under him too.

The current administration has us in our best financial position ever. This is not opinion, it is fact.

The current administration exists because the members mobilised to save the club from an administration that was not managing off field matters well.

This club would have been dead 10 years earlier if not for Pagans reign.

There's a problem with Scott's attitude for sure, and the board should have been tougher and not been bedazzled by him when they extended his contract again.

But in terms of survival, this administration has guaranteed that.

I do not agree that our future is assured.

Alot of * supporters seem to be very upset with the frees Benny Brown receives.

Matthew Lloyd:
"I think it’s a stigma that’s stuck with me from a period when I did stage for free kicks. I accept that."

Was there the same outrage when one of the biggest divers of all time was getting frees??

Matthew Lloyd:
"I think it’s a stigma that’s stuck with me from a period when I did stage for free kicks. I accept that."

Was there the same outrage when one of the biggest divers of all time was getting frees??

Amazing timing, hey?

I hope Scott is on the phone pointing this out to the umpiring fraternity.

Matthew Lloyd:

Agree. Hand back the Colemans and the premiership then you twat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing timing, hey?

I hope Scott is on the phone pointing this out to the umpiring fraternity.

I thought Scott made his point well last night. When he mentioned, yeah he is getting some of the free kicks, but people should be looking at the behind the goals vision to see how many more that are not being paid to him as well.

Did Lloyed actually call out brown or did he speak about the decision by the umpires?
Lloyed has come out and said that he dove for free kicks, pretty straight shooter normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back