Preview Changes Rd 12 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

EFFECTIVE HANDBALL
A handball to a teammate that hits the intended target.

EFFECTIVE KICK
A kick of more than 40 metres to a 50/50 contest or better for the team or a kick of less than 40 metres that results in the intended target retaining possession.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of a tangent but surely as fans we deserve better stats. What would be super interesting would be effective short kicks vs long kicks plus things like kicks inside 50 and outcome (kick was marked, or a contest resulted and what happened next - stoppage, Port win, oppo win - did it come back out of 50) etc.

He’ll be unleashed for the Hawthorn game and he will play like a man possessed.

There is probably a case for managing him through the next few weeks (maybe 1-2 games to build match fitness) and then release him for the supposedly "normal" (Thurs-Sun) set up of the last 2 weeks before finals so he's peaking. Imagine a fresh & fit Burton for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Burton and Rozee need to be managed like race horses, with the finals series their spring carnival...

Fortunately we have a coach that understands that analogy.

When all fit, Burton and Rozee back for Mayes and Woodcock, and then i would have thought Marshall squeezes out Gerogiades when hes fit.

I reckon Bergman will get a game v the Hawks next week - as may Hayes.
Based on what we've most recently seen I'd have Farrell out before Woodcock.

This can obviously change after the cats game. I just think Woodcock is the more natural small forward though

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

So from our best 22 now, we are just missing Burton, Ebert, Rozee and Marshall?

I’m guessing if we were fully fit down the line, Mayes, Farrell, Woodcock and Georgiades would be the unlucky 4?

Based on what we've most recently seen I'd have Farrell out before Woodcock.

This can obviously change after the cats game. I just think Woodcock is the more natural small forward though

i disagree. Farrell can have minimal touches and influence a game with his beautiful kick. I would definitely persist with him.

Bit of a tangent but surely as fans we deserve better stats. What would be super interesting would be effective short kicks vs long kicks plus things like kicks inside 50 and outcome (kick was marked, or a contest resulted and what happened next - stoppage, Port win, oppo win - did it come back out of 50) etc.
If you want access to far more detailed stats then you need to pay money to Champion Data.

i disagree. Farrell can have minimal touches and influence a game with his beautiful kick. I would definitely persist with him.
Tend to agree with you usually. Just thought Woodcock was more effective against Richmond. I think it was noted in the Matchday thread that Farrell didn't look hungry enough on Saturday.

Might still be a bit salty about Farrell costing me $350 on a multi after his miss from 20 out dead in front.

Tend to agree with you usually. Just thought Woodcock was more effective against Richmond. I think it was noted in the Matchday thread that Farrell didn't look hungry enough on Saturday.

Might still be a bit salty about Farrell costing me $350 on a multi after his miss from 20 out dead in front.

Beauty of opinions mate. Woodcock definitely looks more desperate, but, lacks the polish of KF. If you could combine the 2, you would have a weapon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back