Preview Changes v WCE and pre game banter

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Changes v WCE

eagles are a tall team, they play 2 rucks plus 3 KPF Lynch,Darling and Kennedy

we only had 1 ruck today and 2 KPD (Delaney, Thompson), so we need to bring in taller players for smaller ones

IN: Goldy, Grima, McMahon
OUT: Tarrant, Mullett, Greenwood

B: McMahon Delaney Thompson
HB: Atley Grima Firrito
C: Anthony Ziebell Bastinac
HF: Harvey Petrie Adams
F: Thomas McIntosh Edwards
R: Goldstein Wells Swallow
I: Cunnington Macmillan Harper
S:Wright

OUT: Tarrant, Greenwood, Mullett
IN: Goldstein, Hansen/Grima, McMahon

Can't have Thompson playing on talls. Best performed out of Hansen and Grima for Werribee gets the call up.

Goldy obviously has to play well tomorrow.

eagles are a tall team, they play 2 rucks plus 3 KPF Lynch,Darling and Kennedy

we only had 1 ruck today and 2 KPD (Delaney, Thompson), so we need to bring in taller players for smaller ones

IN: Goldy, Grima, McMahon
OUT: Tarrant, Mullett, Greenwood

B: McMahon Delaney Thompson
HB: Atley Grima Firrito
C: Anthony Ziebell Bastinac
HF: Harvey Petrie Adams
F: Thomas McIntosh Edwards
R: Goldstein Wells Swallow
I: Cunnington Macmillan Harper
S:Wright
I like it.

Greenwood has lost a bit, Tarrant is no good, mullett was OK, but may lose out

Mullett has already been extremely stiff to be dropped once before this season. He had it 20 times and used it quite well. The only negative of his game I can think of is just 1 contested possession. No need to bring in a Grima/Hansen unless you want to drop Delaney. Thompson and Spud are in good enough form.

Thought Tarrant was ok actually, Anthony is a spud and he'd be first to go if it was up to me.

McMahon in, depending on fitness

Goldstein in, depending on VFL match

Tarrant and Mullett out. Greenwood possible out.

Would like to see Hansen in, possibly for Delaney, but don't think we can throw Hansen into the deep end vs Kennedy, and Delaney doesn't really deserve to be dropped. Would be basically giving players games when they haven't earned it. Don't think Tarrant can be dropped for Hansen (imo a forward for a back).

Out: Tarrant, Mullett, Anthony
In: Goldstein, Pedersen, McMahon (if Fit)

Pedersen needs to come in just incase we need someone to go forward or back.....and his first game against West Coast outstanding last year?

We need the twin towers against Cox and Natanui

Mcmahon needs to come back in for stability on the backline.

Tarrant just isn't showing enough to keep his spot.

Mullett is just unfortunate.

Anthony lack of speed and defensive pressure would be shown up at Patterson Stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why Greenwood would be dropped.

Not even sure why he was the sub TBH. Isn't he someone you'd want in at the contest from the first bounce providing intensity? Thought he did that in the miniscule time he got to assert himself today. Would've been better there all day. Baffling. You want zip and impact from the sub, not a grunt player. But whatever.

It's not a great mystery of the world that suddenly Goldstein is out of form. He's been shifted around and never settled anywhere from the start of the year and never had any form troubles last year. Lo and behold, because he was in the ruck all year. Wow. May I pass year 4 now?

Hamish is an average tap ruckman, doesn't exactly take many contested marks around the place, basically meaning we just have a slow, lumbering mid out there. I don't see all the fuss. Having said that, he's better than Tarrant so I'd have Hamish forward and drop Tarrant, who I see nothing much in.

But having said THAT I'd personally have Pedersen over Hamish. But it wont happen because Hamish is a good North man and a good player so we have to squeeze him in somehow.

Changes I'd like to see:

Out: Tarrant, Hamish
In: Pedersen, Goldy

And Greenwood plays a whole game, Macmillan is the sub.

Wont see any of this though, so it's not relevant.

Tarrant had 18 touches and 2 scoring shots.

None of our midfield kids did that in their first season.

Can't believe the hate for the big fella.

Horses for courses:

In: Goldstein, Grima, Speight

Out: Greenwood (1 touch in 2 weeks = dropped, even if he sat in the stands last week) Mullett (balance) Tarrant (balance)

Main points that influence changes for wc game:

We need another tall down back to help Delaney, as wc have a very very tall forward line with darling, Kennedy and resting ruck.

Wc Rucks are incredible therefore goldy or pedersen comes in. I actually think pedi may be the go with his extra bit of versatility.

Wc have excellent clearance ability. Greenwood stays.

Out: Tarrant, Mullet

In: Grima/Hansen/Pedo, Goldy/Pedo

In: Defensive Pressure
Out: Downhill Skiing

lol 28 scoring shots from 43 inside 50s. We might as well not bother playing a defensive 6 and just play with 6 more in the middle.

All depends on how players play tomorrow.
goldy-hmac, goldy is just a better tap ruckman and other ruckman in the comp rate him higher.
scotty mac-spud Im sick of spuds decision making and poor disposal.
pederson/hansen or grima need to come in as extra cover in the backline.

Tarrant wasn't worst on ground, but once again showed that he is not afl standard. No goals, again. No contested marks, again. Not good enough for a kpf that apparently we need for "structural" reasons. Pedo or black in future please brad.

OUT: Tarrant, Greenwood, Mullett
IN: Goldstein, Hansen/Grima, McMahon

Can't have Thompson playing on talls. Best performed out of Hansen and Grima for Werribee gets the call up.

Goldy obviously has to play well tomorrow.
I like those changes, bring in grima,goldy,loose for the 3 mentioned above.

key match ups
Nic Nat/Cox v Goldy/H
Lynch v Delaney
Kennedy v Grima
Darling v Thompson
Mackenzie v Petrie
Glass v Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back