List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Anyone seen mitch podhajski play lately? Big bodied mid i was hoping we'd put on the rookie list last year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I see the upside on Cameron being much higher than Robertson. Pass.

That great, and a part of me agrees.

However whispers are Cameron doesn't have his mind on the game, maybe that is from being injured.

Roberston strikes me as a more driven, professional footballer who works hard. You don't win Lark Medals by not having a red hot crack. Cameron seems to be relying on his skills, ability to kick a small bag now and again and his brothers last name.

Which player has to higher probability of making it at AFL level?

Agreed.

S.Fisher, H.Schloithe and T.Thorne from the WAFL alone.

The first two would help support the midfield situation, whilst Thorne would provide depth as a small forward option that can accumulate.

A part of me wants to see Schloithe get another go at top level. Picked up ten years ago by the purple rabble and dumped without being given a game - only to dominate everything he competes in for the next decade. Keeps putting his hand up for selection each year, only to be overlooked and yet goes back to his club and keeps pumping out quality performances week in, week out.

His 5 WAFL matches this year are averaging 32 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles and over 2 goals per game. There is nobody else in the country across AFL, VFL, SANFL or WAFL that is putting out figures like that.

He may be 27, but he deserves another crack. Players like him should be exactly what the rookie and mid-season drafts are all about.

If it was an early-season draft I agree we would/should be all over those types.

But by the time the draft comes around we'll have Yeo due back within a week or two, and Shuey 3-4 weeks off (along with Duggan somewhere in the mix). So any draftee in the midfield would be competing with Brander, Waterman etc. I'd prefer to play Brander (at potentially less output) than a mature age recruit.

Depending on the rioli situation (and assuming Venables doesn't play again sadly), a small forward or fwd/mid would be the more likely option.

If it was an early-season draft I agree we would/should be all over those types.

But by the time the draft comes around we'll have Yeo due back within a week or two, and Shuey 3-4 weeks off (along with Duggan somewhere in the mix). So any draftee in the midfield would be competing with Brander, Waterman etc. I'd prefer to play Brander (at potentially less output) than a mature age recruit.

Depending on the rioli situation (and assuming Venables doesn't play again sadly), a small forward or fwd/mid would be the more likely option.

Small forward yes.

We can have a good look at them in our system and in reality it is one of the few positions a new player could come in and play after only a couple of months learning our setups.

Thorne.

Covers Venables and Rioli and Cameron.

Curious that the Suns wouldn't announce it immediately. Anyone wanting to stay on there is good news to be shared around. I checked their website and socials before asking the question, and I couldn't find anything.

Given Tom Morris said Carlton signing Cripps keeps West Coast away, which is absolute garbage to even mention our name, I'll wait and see.

How do Carlton have enough room in their cap to sign Cripps to a 4 year deal, sign Mckay, sign Walsh next year all while still paying Saad, Martin, Williams and McGovern(lol) huge money?
Must have the same salary cap as Geelong.

Cameron, Hawkins, Selwood, Danger, Higgins, Smith, Stewart, Duncan who, whilst most are getting on a bit would still have commanded decent coin, especially the ones that moved across.

Then on top of that you’ve got blokes like Dahlhaus, Henderson, Jenkins who’d be on a decent packet given they also had to be tempted to move and rounding it out you’ve got Tuohy, Cam Guthrie, Rohan and Menegola

Cameron, Hawkins, Selwood, Danger, Higgins, Smith, Stewart, Duncan who, whilst most are getting on a bit would still have commanded decent coin, especially the ones that moved across.

Then on top of that you’ve got blokes like Dahlhaus, Henderson, Jenkins who’d be on a decent packet given they also had to be tempted to move and rounding it out you’ve got Tuohy, Cam Guthrie, Rohan and Menegola

Lets just say Geelongs pitch to Zac Tuohy moved him...... to a bigger house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins, Smith, Dahlhaus, Jenkins, Rohan and Henderson wouldn't be on much.

Selwood and Hawkins are old too and will be done soon.

I see the upside on Cameron being much higher than Robertson. Pass.
That great, and a part of me agrees.

However whispers are Cameron doesn't have his mind on the game, maybe that is from being injured.

Roberston strikes me as a more driven, professional footballer who works hard. You don't win Lark Medals by not having a red hot crack. Cameron seems to be relying on his skills, ability to kick a small bag now and again and his brothers last name.

Which player has to higher probability of making it at AFL level?
On current form, I reckon Deven has more chance of becoming the next Redden or Sheed (a solid B-B+ grade 200 game midfielder) than Jarrod does of becoming the next Charlie Cameron.

There is no doubt that cost of living plays a part - and as such players at Geelong are willing to accept slightly less than if they were at another club.

Assuming housing is the main cost in their life (as it is for most people) they can pick something up ~30 mins from work (alphabet stadium), beachfront for under $3m (Torquay, Barwon Heads etc etc) or a couple of streets back for under $1.5m.

Compare that to Sydney, where the same 30mins (albeit probably only 5km or so!) from work, near the beach, would start around $3m and go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back