List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Last edited:
Trade Gov - develop hedwards and free up cash

Trade Darling to bulldogs for English. Darling is the perfect fit for doggies in premiership mode.

Trade Gaff, run sheed on a wing. He's no good inside anyway.

Use cap space and draft compensation to attract a gun mid. And I mean a gun, not "Tim Kelly one season give all your cap space" gun

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the board Crazy Vozzo! :hearts:

I’d put Hurn on the rookie list before Rotham.

Hurn would understand the predicament. Putting Rotham there would mean that he’s in the bottom quarter of our list which I just don’t think is true (or fair).
You can't just move players to the rookie list you have to redraft them .

Do you think rotham would last to pick 10 ?
No way in hell

Do you think hurn would last . Yep

No way in hell

Didnt they change it so you can just move players to the rookie list with out having to redraft? We did it with Hutchings last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we not better of getting a higher pick this draft rather than getting Clark to Brander?

Also, I want us to give a big fu** you to Geelong. The Hawks also very interested apparently.
Something like this?

View attachment 1233713

Yes. A pick is at least some chance of coming good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Help me on what attributes Rotham brings. He is not strong overhead. He does not have quick closing speed. His lollipop kicks lack penetration. He delivers little run and carry out of defence.

WTF…

Not mixing them up - there was no news on Johnson.

Re Rotham, that is the intel. They are likely to resign him and considering the rookie list. If you don't like the news, fine. Ask yourself why the delay in the signing of Rotham which should have been simple. We have heard it will be done and yet silence!!

I have no insights into the $$$ for players. The club have been tight for decades on what players earn meanwhile the Melbourne supposed media gurus are merely speculating. Have we taken on a big deal with Gaff, Gov, Kelly? Yes. I suspect the club know the pull back to Melbourne and pay accordingly.
Do you think rotham would last to us in the rookie draft?

WTF…

I know you are infatuated with Rotham and I too had hoped to be but reality is his development or our game plan has me worried.

I tend to think a catch is an uncontested mark and I will admit he is a good catch. He had his pants pulled down with Miochek et al when asked to play man on man. He does nothing at high pace and seems to have lost his run and carry. This is not the player I thought we had drafted.

I want a defensive coach that will give us the Rotham we expected when we drafted and not the current version. Time to take off your rose coloured glasses

I know you are infatuated with Rotham and I too had hoped to be but reality is his development or our game plan has me worried.

I tend to think a catch is an uncontested mark and I will admit he is a good catch. He had his pants pulled down with Miochek et al when asked to play man on man. He does nothing at high pace and seems to have lost his run and carry. This is not the player I thought we had drafted.

I want a defensive coach that will give us the Rotham we expected when we drafted and not the current version. Time to take off your rose coloured glasses
When rotham is your 3rd tall but you put him on the number 1 key forward who is a fair bit bigger its a flogging waiting to happen .

Where was million dollar mcgovern ?

Probably zoning off at crispy cream

Didnt they change it so you can just move players to the rookie list with out having to redraft? We did it with Hutchings last year
That was due to the list sizes getting smaller due to covid . It was a one off thing

Last edited:

No way in hell

Hurn and Kennedy (if required).

No other team would touch them (because they would have to pay a player who refused to play for them).

We'll have to manage the media carefully, because whilst other clubs have done it (basically minor draft tampering) they aren't west coast so it was OK for them....

I agree Rotham (and some others if we need to shift more than 1) would likely be taken before our pick. Actually, what our recruiters should be thinking is that if our player (other than one who can/will sit out a year if taken by another club) lasts to us in the RD then why should we keep him? I.e. other clubs are identifying 'x' player as a list clogger, why aren't we....

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's also often playing on the wrong opponent. Should be on a Cameron, Betts, Ryan, pickett ste forward. He's our fastest defender, and tall enough to challenge those guys aerially.

Nowhere near big enough to take a Mihochek, Mcstay etc.

He's also often playing on the wrong opponent. Should be on a Cameron, Betts, Ryan, pickett ste forward. He's our fastest defender, and tall enough to challenge those guys aerially.

Nowhere near big enough to take a Mihochek, Mcstay etc.

Yep rotham is Sheppard's replacement not a tall defender

It would s**t me this year when rotham would get stuck on a gorilla forward because of a fatty McGovern 'handover' then the ball would come in long and fast and rotham had little chance .

Yep rotham is Sheppard's replacement not a tall defender

It would sh*t me this year when rotham would get stuck on a gorilla forward because of a fatty McGovern 'handover' then the ball would come in long and fast and rotham had little chance .
Not arguing about Gov being lazy, but tbf if the ball comes in as fast (and with as little pressure) as in 2021 in future years we could have the greatest backline in the history of the game and it wouldn't matter.

Trade Gov - develop hedwards and free up cash

Trade Darling to bulldogs for English. Darling is the perfect fit for doggies in premiership mode.

Trade Gaff, run sheed on a wing. He's no good inside anyway.

Use cap space and draft compensation to attract a gun mid. And I mean a gun, not "Tim Kelly one season give all your cap space" gun

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I agree with the bolded part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back