List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Looks like the purples fans dont want Clark.

He does seem a bit overrated.

Cool, Clark doesn't want to wear purple either.

Think this one is just wait until he is out of contract and spend no more than a mid to late 2nd rounder trading him. If the d!ck eaters demand more walk away.

Hopefully we don't look at trading for him in contract as that gives them leverage to push the price up.

Contested game is non-existent, he can only be played behind the ball. Defensively he’s poor and it doesn’t come with improved meters gained or efficiency by foot.

Clark is behind Nelson and Witherden and a long way behind Shep and Cole. From the small sample Foley also looks better defensively and sure footed with ball in hand.

Clark is like Aish without the work ethic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I questioned soft as I recall watching him early last season take on Grundy with a loose ball. Clark cracked in at a million miles a hour against a much bigger opponent and was crunched. Went off with a busted shoulder that kept him out for 6+ weeks I recall.

At the time I thought 'that was a bit silly young man. Sure go hard but pick someone close to your weight division."

Thought that if he keeps doing that before putting on some bulk he won't last long. Maybe the club mentioned that? No more silly taking on and bumping 200cm 100+ kg giants.

So i heard Matt Johnson has had every club recruiting department interviews this year except West coast . West Coast have talked to him a number of times previously. West Coast think he will be long gone by our first pick
I’m sure any WA boy with potential is well known by west coast. Not sure what a recruitment department interview would achieve.

So as it stands, we can expect 2 Father/Sons in the draft with Daicos and Darcy likely to go in the first round. Remember, clubs can match F/S anywhere in the draft but the new rules do not allow NGA o be matched until the second round.

Collingwood have already sold out of their first rounder and have something like picks 36, 40, 41 and 45 carrying pretty close to sufficient points for Daicos.

What about Doggies? Sam Darcy is a KPP that can ruck and is quickly rising up the boards. They are at the back end of the first round and it would be fair to believe that they will hold a late teens pick. Draft Central power rankings has Darcy at 15. Given that Daicos is a likely pick 1 or 2, then Dogs would need to have points for pick 14 or 15. Discounted by 20%, that means they will need somewhere around 900 points. If we traded both of our R2 picks (currently 31 and 33), it would offer them 1,169 points meaning a premium we pay of some 269 points which is about par for a R1.

That would then give us two first rounders. It would allow us to trade one or to use both. I would advocate using both. That would net us a great midfield option and a KPP or 2 mids (one inside and one Fwd/Mid or a bit more outside) at say 12 and 16. Would Johnson be still there at our first pick? Probably not but there again he might. Alternative local talent is Erasmus and I am seeing Josh Browne rising up the boards. More to see post PSA conflicts and later in the year after the carnival. Invariably the KPP players will start to gain interest later in the year and hence increase the mids that will be available in the teens. We have had a decent trading relationship with the Doggies over a number of years so fingers crossed. Doggies are only holding 17 and 72 meaning they will take Darcy and perhaps only 1 or 2 later pick.

So as it stands, we can expect 2 Father/Sons in the draft with Daicos and Darcy likely to go in the first round. Remember, clubs can match F/S anywhere in the draft but the new rules do not allow NGA o be matched until the second round.

Collingwood have already sold out of their first rounder and have something like picks 36, 40, 41 and 45 carrying pretty close to sufficient points for Daicos.

What about Doggies? Sam Darcy is a KPP that can ruck and is quickly rising up the boards. They are at the back end of the first round and it would be fair to believe that they will hold a late teens pick. Draft Central power rankings has Darcy at 15. Given that Daicos is a likely pick 1 or 2, then Dogs would need to have points for pick 14 or 15. Discounted by 20%, that means they will need somewhere around 900 points. If we traded both of our R2 picks (currently 31 and 33), it would offer them 1,169 points meaning a premium we pay of some 269 points which is about par for a R1.

That would then give us two first rounders. It would allow us to trade one or to use both. I would advocate using both. That would net us a great midfield option and a KPP or 2 mids (one inside and one Fwd/Mid or a bit more outside) at say 12 and 16. Would Johnson be still there at our first pick? Probably not but there again he might. Alternative local talent is Erasmus and I am seeing Josh Browne rising up the boards. More to see post PSA conflicts and later in the year after the carnival. Invariably the KPP players will start to gain interest later in the year and hence increase the mids that will be available in the teens. We have had a decent trading relationship with the Doggies over a number of years so fingers crossed. Doggies are only holding 17 and 72 meaning they will take Darcy and perhaps only 1 or 2 later pick.
Dogs will auction off their first round pick to the highest bidder (draft points wise). there will no doubt be a few clubs eyeing it off.

Last edited:

There may be the chance to upgrade their pick 72 into the 50's or so to sweeten the deal possibly (maybe they lob us a future 3rd back).

Recruiters seem to value a 10 spot upgrade late in the draft quite highly (not ours, but TBF with guys like Waterman, LEdwards, Nelson etc coming onto the list late we do seem pretty good at picking the ones that others don't like for whatever reason).

Strap yourselves in fellow West Coast tragics, because on AFL Exchange tonight :

The three stooges ..... not Curly,Larry and Mo..... but Cal, Riley and Mitch, will be putting the spotlight on West Coast’s trade plans.

This should be an entertaining listen as to what little snippets of bull dust the three Victorians have gleaned.

Given that it’s harder to get leaked information out of the Eagles, than pulling a tooth out of a leopard on the run....... this should be speculative entertaining.

Suspect it will be linking us to any former Western Australian that’s out of contract at other Clubs and also linking any non Sandgroper on our list who is not yet signed for 2022, moving on.

Anyway let’s see what pearlers are unfolded tonight.

AFL Exchange from 6:10 pm AEST.

Footnote: The players agents must love these mischievous opportunities, to play contract speculation and negotiating gamesmanship, out in the public, by spoon feeding the journos insatiable appetite for 💩.

Strap yourselves in fellow West Coast tragics, because on AFL Exchange tonight :

The three stooges ..... not Curly,Larry and Mo..... but Cal, Riley and Mitch, will be putting the spotlight on West Coast’s trade plans.

This should be an entertaining listen as to what little snippets of bull dust the three Victorians have gleaned.

Given that it’s harder to get leaked information out of the Eagles, than pulling a tooth out of a leopard on the run....... this should be speculative entertaining.

Suspect it will be linking us to any former Western Australian that’s out of contract at other Clubs and also linking any non Sandgroper on our list who is not yet signed for 2022, moving on.

Anyway let’s see what pearlers are unfolded tonight.

AFL Exchange from 6:10 pm AEST.

Footnote: The players agents must love these mischievous opportunities, to play contract speculation and negotiating gamesmanship, out in the public, by spoon feeding the journos insatiable appetite for 💩.

Duggan and Brander for SPS and Clark, or something similar, is what I'm guessing they'll wheel out.

Cripps said he guarantees to be at Carlton so they'd be brave bringing him up for long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Exchange.

images-3.jpg

Guys don't bother listening to, or watching the show, their spotlight on West Coasts trade plans segment lol.

It would be best described as a re run of the Oscar Wilde classic - Much Ado About Nothing.

The Three Stooges came up donuts.

Cool, Clark doesn't want to wear purple either.

Think this one is just wait until he is out of contract and spend no more than a mid to late 2nd rounder trading him. If the d!ck eaters demand more walk away.

Hopefully we don't look at trading for him in contract as that gives them leverage to push the price up.

Starting to get this feeling that one of Duggan or Brander will ask to be traded back to Vic and Clarke will end up coming our way as part of the trade.
And not as a sweetener either.

I get feelings on the back of bigfooty speculation all the time, just like real journos.

The AFL exchange thing about us was Twomey explaining why we can't trade our first this year, unless we get another one from somewhere :sleepsymbol:

Last first rounder we used was on Brander in 2017.

Duggan only one of interest coming OOC, WCE will want to make that a priority. Twomey doesn't think he'll leave.

Also shone the spotlight (unfortunately) on Regan, 192cm forward coming through our next gen academy. Outside the top 20 predictions at this point, which is how we want it to stay. Mentioned Humphries briefly.

Couple idiots added that Free Agency isn't really our thing as we've only ever signed Xavier Ellis previously. Players also took the paycut with the guarantee we wouldn't chase a big fish like Patrick Cripps. Also suggests our salary cap is stretched pretty thin.

We've also topped up by adding Withers, Langdon and Jones which costed us very little over the last couple seasons and they are play regularly.

Aaaaaaand that's about it. Twomey thinks we won't in it :sleepsymbol:

Without doubt, as per right now, Brander would be our biggest flight risk.

A couple of seasons ago I said, from people that played football with him, that he a big ego and things came a bit too easy for him as a junior. He expected instant games and whilst he was certainly gifted a couple, he has hardly the walk up starter he believed he was going to be.

However, this season, he seems to have got his head in the game. He is playing better, working harder, and doing the team things.

The problem is that undoubtedly there will be other clubs getting in his ear, pumping up his tires again and telling him he will be a star and playing every week at another club.

So it comes down to ego. Does he want to earn his spot with us, as he has been recently. Or, does he want to be a certain starter every week and more of the "main man"?

I legitimately think he is the one that's 50/50. I think all the others will stay.

Starting to get this feeling that one of Duggan or Brander will ask to be traded back to Vic and Clarke will end up coming our way as part of the trade.
And not as a sweetener either.

I get feelings on the back of bigfooty speculation all the time, just like real journos.
Alright, let's say one of those two decide to go home.

Screw dealing with Geelong. I'd rather deal with Carlton and if it's Duggan, ask for one of Carroll, SPS or Fisher, and second or third rounder.

Or for Brander, same deal but probably not as good a pick.

But I'd rather keep both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back