List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Darling had a really poor back half of 2021, but moving him on would be a terrible decision. He would've been in AA contention around the half way mark. Probably on the borderline of a 40-man squad if one was done at that stage.

In any case, he is contracted for a good bit longer so we can't move on unless he wants to, and that would be quite bizarre on his part.

And he has been playing injured, with a back problem.

If we are in the window :laughing:, a successful offer to trade for Fyfe will make us a contender.

With Cerra gawnski, the Purples are even less likley to be competing in a Fyfe era.

So we can offer the Fyfester more opportunities to be on the front, back and every other page in the West, the 7 Network jizzing all over him, a haircut, fashion tips and a shot at the flag.

We can offer Freo......................

Yep, I got nuthin.

Last edited:
We’ve had two very subpar preseasons for a variety of reasons but mainly due to delays caused by covid restrictions and players having surgeries heading into/during preseason that set them back

In 2019/20 and 2020/21 the senior players didn’t start training until after Christmas. Then in 2020 the players basically paused training after round 1 and I don’t think done returned in great shape*.

Last preseason started late due to the late finish of the 2020 season such that even the 1st - 4th year players started after Christmas. And then players from the eastern states had to isolate for 2 weeks when they came back to WA in the new year a problem that was exacerbated when in January (or early February) we had a weeklong lockdown that stopped us training right when we’d normally be maximising training loads

Now this probably should have been planned for and any review should look at the failings of our S&C department to adequately prepare the playing group

*Back to 2020 and the enforced pause and our underperformance in the hub when the season restarted - with no inside knowledge and just guessing I think that our problems began then due to a rift in the playing group perhaps due to some not maintaining the standards expected. Recall the Simpson rant in the Amazon doco criticising players (who knew who they were) taking the piss and not being disciplined.

Perhaps those rifts haven’t resolved themselves and they’ve only widened. This season, in particular, was very unlike what I’ve seen previously- players regularly giving up, arguing with each other and pointing fingers mid game etc.

If I’m right the club has done a pretty good job of keeping any discontent out of the media because other than a few suggestions on this board I’ve seen very little about it

The problems need to be ironed out especially if the club think this list has got another premiership tilt left in it

A focused and amended preseason this year is a must - and I’d like to see us put on some size across the board as I think we lack the physical power to go with the better midfields in the comp
What then in 2019, whereby the vast majority of our games, we picked and chose went to go?

We turned it on for a quarter and scrapped through for a win. The thinking back then, within BF, was that we were doing enough to get by and we'd 'turn it on' in the finals.

Brander's been playing as a defensive mid? I haven't seen a defensive bone in his body. I can barely recall him being used as an outlet from defense and cannot remember him ever locking down on anyone. Maybe third man up using his height to spoil? Never seen it. Even Masten was more defensive than Brander!
He played as the defensive winger . Mastens old role you guard space on the corridor side of the stoppage to cut off attacks through the corridor and try to stop the switch. If we lose the ball he runs back hard to help the defence.

The man on the mark rule has made this position almost impossible when the opposition has marked the ball .

Yeah, even from the outside where I am, it just seems that there has been something off in the club this year. The information you put forward here would go a long way to explaining that.

Wasn’t there a story either this preseason or last preseason where Liam Ryan was given a pass on activities directly by Simmo as it was too much for him?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The whole Yeo being unhappy rumor is true. There is a split in the team with a few thinking our training standards have dropped significantly and are not up to scratch and others on the other side.

Quite simply put, our staff tailor our training loads to match those who are struggling to get through games etc and not to the standard of AFL football. Hopefully Nisbett listens to the players and not the staff trying to save there jobs

Honestly this is the biggest load of BS I've read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It kind of makes sense but its likely due having a lot of guys with injuries this year. Not just the ones on the official list but players also carrying stuff. Sounds like we reduced training to get the team through the year. Hopefully we can get everyone 100% before the end of preseason and be able to hit the track hard. Yeo may be frustrated more at the situation than the club itself.

It kind of makes sense but its likely due having a lot of guys with injuries this year. Not just the ones on the official list but players also carrying stuff. Sounds like we reduced training to get the team through the year. Hopefully we can get everyone 100% before the end of preseason and be able to hit the track hard. Yeo may be frustrated more at the situation than the club itself.
Reducing training to avoid injuries is possibly the silliest strategy by a professional organisation I've heard, which leads me to believe it's false. Training regularly and intelligently helps your body prevent injuries, not cause/exacerbate them.

If we did a trade with Brisbane to swap picks, could this work out for both parties?

i.e. we give 10 and 29 for Brisbane's 15 & 18?

Brisbane get to move up to someone they really want (no idea if this is the case or not, just spitballing) and we add a couple of mids that are similar in rank.

Reducing training to avoid injuries is possibly the silliest strategy by a professional organisation I've heard, which leads me to believe it's false. Training regularly and intelligently helps your body prevent injuries, not cause/exacerbate them.

I didn’t see that at all. I used it as 1 example. I said a reduction in training standards. It’s Not that simple at all. A ton of things go into training besides a reduction in training load. That’s like a small percent of it if that. Staffing, drills, skill focus, training times, regimes given to people outside of the standard training hours.

The soft cap played a role in ******* us this way more then people realise. Nisbett needs to fix it for a reason let’s say...

Wasn’t there a story either this preseason or last preseason where Liam Ryan was given a pass on activities directly by Simmo as it was too much for him?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wqs a preseason boot camp intensive training thingy.

Prob involved lots of shouting and cursing etc......possibly a rubber chicken (Simo looks guilty).

So after the rubber chicken prank went wrong.......... they cut Ryan and others some slack.

Much better result than the Crows camp!

Might cop flack for this but what would say Mason Cox's value both contract and trade wise be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back