List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
He just needs one flat track game and an easy kill with a few goals to get the monkey and a bit of public pressure off his back.

The monkey is annoyed at him for not getting vaxxed sooner.

So you view is the playing list is fine. She'll be right, it always is because we come good faster than most?

Pfffff. You sound like the idiot bosses where I work who turn a blind eye to poor behaviour and end up enabling even more poor behaviour.

Such a great culture to beinvolved with.:thumbsdown:
Alright mate I'll wait for you to jump into the Eagles upper management and sort out the " issues". Club has faced greater adversity than its currently facing and pulled through. What do you hope to add? Show some backbone and back the club you love in. Takes far greater courage to believe in the club than to doubt it.

I've only watched the Oakleigh vs Sandy game of Tsatas, so will hold my absolute final opinion after watching him a few more times. But my initial outtake and only knock on Tsatas is he's very outside, and his decision making under pressure isn't great.
Knows how to find it and has great speed, so has some great AFL tools.
Probably not someone I looked at and thought would be a good pick for West Coast (if we finish with a top 3 pick).
Wardlaw or Hewett are more in our needs wheelhouse, stoppage midfielders.

Plus we got Chesser last year.
I thought I said in West Coast position, if you end up with pick 1, I would go Wardlaw.

I'll leave it to the experts but I've been looking into it for a while now and from everything I've read/heard, it's very good.
ROUNDGRADEOPPOSITIONKHDMTHOFFFAGB
Round 1, 2022xxxxxxXXXXXXX196255904112
You wont find him on any top 20 list but no matter where our second pick ends up at, he should be the target IMHO. The first has to be the best mid going. I don't care what people say about the Ruck division personally, in reality big Rucks are numerous years away in development regardless.

You wont find him on any top 20 list but no matter where our second pick ends up at, he should be the target IMHO.
Probably another of those that slide/miss out due to size. Personally I'm big on putting a footballer first, athlete second.

Just how deep (good) is this years draft crop expected to be?
Similar to last year. Shallow on elite talent due to a father son being one of them.

Deep on the next tier of talent. And deep on first round type talent out in to the second round.

A lot of (SA) tall forwards projected in the later half of the first round and in to the second round.

Light on for small forwards and key defenders.

Probably another of those that slide/miss out due to size. Personally I'm big on putting a footballer first, athlete second.
Yeah I'm with you. Horses for courses of course :) but here's a list of some pretty handy and still current undersized players a lot of scouts seem to have forgotten, all shorter than him. Probably plenty more I haven't included. It all depends on how you shape and use these talents.
175cm (5' 9")
Shai Bolton, Dion Prestia, Willie Rioli, Tyson Stengle, Dayne Zorko

173cm (5' 8")
Liam Baker, Travis Colyer, Charlie Spargo,

171cm (5' 7")
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Kysaiah Pickett

170cm (5' 7")
Caleb Daniel

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wont find him on any top 20 list but no matter where our second pick ends up at, he should be the target IMHO. The first has to be the best mid going. I don't care what people say about the Ruck division personally, in reality big Rucks are numerous years away in development regardless.
The second best Jed. Defs a lock in my top 20 at the moment ;)

Good player is Jed Hagan he has risen to the challenges that have been thrown at him thus far.

I have a mid third round grade on him at this stage.
I am going to be very interested in seeing him play latter in the season when I reckon he will get some extended game time in the seniors.
If he does well playing higher duties at seasons end his rankings may well come in some what.
I am also not sure where he plays in the AFL 175cm limits his options somewhat.

So you view is the playing list is fine. She'll be right, it always is because we come good faster than most?

Pfffff. You sound like the idiot bosses where I work who turn a blind eye to poor behaviour and end up enabling even more poor behaviour.

Such a great culture to beinvolved with.:thumbsdown:
Sadly it is a part of our playing group culture at the moment.

We've had numerous games each season since 2019 where the team just hasn't turned up ready to play at an AFL standard.

Guys can be annoyed about Darling or Rioli, but in reality those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Most of the senior players have let the team down at stages since the premiership, maybe not as obvious or extreme as those 2, but turning up r23 with a poor attitude to an obvious Hawks ambush cost us a lot more than anything in 2022 (we were never a chance of contending this year).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good player is Jed Hagan he has risen to the challenges that have been thrown at him thus far.

I am going to be very interested in seeing him play latter in the season when I reckon he will get some extended game time in the seniors.
If he does well playing higher duties at seasons end his rankings may well come in some what.
Everyone here is saying we need a small backman and hagan played down back last year in the champs didnt he? Could be find a home down there?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Everyone here is saying we need a small backman and hagan played down back last year in the champs didnt he? Could be find a home down there?

Possibly, but I am not sure that he has the burners to go with the tricky small forwards, at the elite level

Alright mate I'll wait for you to jump into the Eagles upper management and sort out the " issues". Club has faced greater adversity than its currently facing and pulled through. What do you hope to add? Show some backbone and back the club you love in. Takes far greater courage to believe in the club than to doubt it.

What the hell are you on about?

No-one on here will ever be rising to upper management at the Eagles. So what is your point exactly?

There is alot of football people pointing out that talent at the Eagles isnt the problem. Its that the talent doesnt consistently turn up and deliver. And I agree with that view. And I dont accept it as being 'ok'.

Now you and others can have a she'll be right attitude, we've had a bit of success, better than most clubs and we'll have more success in the future because in the past that's what has happend! That is a very nieve mindset.

That attitude is how great clubs become arrogant clubs. Clubs / players that drink their own bath water and spend 10 - 15 years rebuilding and achieve nothing.

Eagles have had strong culture in the past on and off field. Right now we are a shadow of our former selves. It takes hard work and strong minds to regain all that. Also takes a bit of honesty.

I think there is too much focus on this height thing. It's all about your coaching ability to utilise the actual football talent.
It's a load of bunk actually and far too many scouts have wasted picks on less talents and over rating height importance. Phil Matera would still kill it today, so would Brent Harvey, Greg Williams, John Platten, Tony Liberatore and any others that spring to mind. All the below are shorter than him, currently still succeeding in today's game and no doubt there's more. Once again, it depends on your coaching ability and structure to utilise the talent.
175cm (5' 9")
Shai Bolton, Dion Prestia, Willie Rioli, Tyson Stengle, Dayne Zorko, Will Snelling

173cm (5' 8")
Liam Baker, Travis Colyer, Charlie Spargo,

171cm (5' 7")
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Kysaiah Pickett

170cm (5' 7")
Caleb Daniel

Last edited:
What the hell are you on about?

No-one on here will ever be rising to upper management at the Eagles. So what is your point exactly?

There is alot of football people pointing out that talent at the Eagles isnt the problem. Its that the talent doesnt consistently turn up and deliver. And I agree with that view. And I dont accept it as being 'ok'.

Now you and others can have a she'll be right attitude, we've had a bit of success, better than most clubs and we'll have more success in the future because in the past that's what has happend! That is a very nieve mindset.

That attitude is how great clubs become arrogant clubs. Clubs / players that drink their own bath water and spend 10 - 15 years rebuilding and achieve nothing.

Eagles have had strong culture in the past on and off field. Right now we are a shadow of our former selves. It takes hard work and strong minds to regain all that. Also takes a bit of honesty.

Backing the club I love and one of the most successful in AFL to raise through adversity is a controversial position? 5 games into an injury and covid ravaged season and some are calling for a club overhaul? Very happy to back the team in for a tough season, birth some young players and see some old boys return to form. Fantastic club and it won't be long until we are arrogantly contending again.

Deven Robertson anyone?

I reckon he could be our Caleb Daniel or dare I say it, our next Chris Mainwaring!! That's where I see him. Early call I know and picking kids who''ll carry it on at AFL level often goes awry, but that's my read and hope for him.
However, the truth is, he is pretty useless, never really been any good, too small and not worth anything above a last round pick;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back