Davis Cup 2016 Australia v USA March 4th-6th

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit subjective isn't it? Some injuries/illness you can play with some you can't. I would assume that Tomic's wrist was OK to play with and Kyrgios' virus was not. And I can understand Bernie's feelings of frustration at playing when Nick didn't but IMO he should have taken he high moral ground and just played without the whingeing. We are well aware that he has a good record of playing Davis Cup and that Nick has pulled out a few times so let people draw their own conclusions. To me it's just a waste of emotional energy to focus on what another player is or isn't doing when he should have just been focused on his own match.

What did hewitt say to Tomic before he made those comments about Nick. Tomic seemed frustrated at the time.
Not sure if it was before or after Nick but I think Hewitt said something along the lines of "don't be delusional mate, just stay focused on your game"

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What did hewitt say to Tomic before he made those comments about Nick. Tomic seemed frustrated at the time.

Tomic was frustrated because he was getting beat. Simple as that.
Hewitt, the team doctors, and other players have all said that Kyrgios was genuinely sick and couldn't play.

Tomic will lose respect for him if he plays Indian Wells? Boohoo I'm sure Nick is loosing sleep over that lol.
What, Tomic has never been sick one week and back to normal the next? Practically everyone else has.

Tomic is just upset that he had to play again. Just a bit of a sook.

We need to take social media away from Nick lol

Nah, he's responses to people s**t talking about him are funny.

Nick doesn't have the skill that Karlovic has.

(social media wise)

Those of you saying Millman should have been picked should know he had/has an injury. Kyrgios was actually too sick to play so Hewitt playing doubles gave Groth a chance to recover for the 5th rubber. Had they taken a gamble on Kyrgios, Groth probably would've had to play 3 rubbers

Those of you saying Millman should have been picked should know he had/has an injury. Kyrgios was actually too sick to play so Hewitt playing doubles gave Groth a chance to recover for the 5th rubber. Had they taken a gamble on Kyrgios, Groth probably would've had to play 3 rubbers

Explains Millman's omission then. What injury does he have?

Goodness sake the two big names of our tennis are at it at hammer and tongs so to speak.

I don't remember two players who held themselves responsible for tennis here and who still grapple with
the niceties of tennis.

Can we get it together and turn it into something a bit better than it has been?

They're both nice boys/men and play brilliantly when they want to and can handle the pressure.

Common but not come. on and choose to beat the ball not themselves, people, enemies and grow up.

I try to live to my own,won, self and you are better equipped to do better for all of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back