Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you can't find the humour in Leppas tweet. **** off and get a clue

'Leppa' is a public figure and twitter a public conversation. There should be more professionalism in his public speaking, as opposed to the avatar of an anonymous poster on an online forum.

Then again, when you look at Fitzroy's and the Brisbane Bears' pathetic history, and Queensland 'culture' in general, I don't think professionalism is the first thing that comes to mind.

So Buckley calling Jonathan Brown a prick is ok though.

I can't comment on the Buckley matter because I have no knowledge of it. I can only comment on Leppa's tweets to lure Beams which I thought was interesting coming from a coach. Leppa's tweets to lure Beams was interesting. It showed a lack of maturity and I don't think Leppa has the maturity to coach.

'Leppa' is a public figure and twitter a public conversation. There should be more professionalism in his public speaking, as opposed to the avatar of an anonymous poster on an online forum.

Then again, when you look at Fitzroy's and the Brisbane Bears' pathetic history, and Queensland 'culture' in general, I don't think professionalism is the first thing that comes to mind.
Lol.
I really don't see the problem with trying to make your point with a hollow rumour. If he said any other superstar that didn't play for Collingwood you guys would not be so uptight about this.

Well said, Leppa is a public figure and I think it showed a lack of 'maturity' meaning, he was not acting appropriately in the right social circumstances. This is not what you want from a public figure or a leader, au contraire. I agree very much with the last sentence.

Lol.
I really don't see the problem with trying to make your point with a hollow rumour. If he said any other superstar that didn't play for Collingwood you guys would not be so uptight about this.

It's not ethically wrong. It just looks like a post from BigFooty as opposed to the public intervention of a senior coach in the middle of the trade period.

I'm sure you're OK with it. When looking at your club's off field situation, it's pretty clear that you don't hold your senior staff and officials to high standards.

It's not ethically wrong. It just looks like a post from BigFooty as opposed to the public intervention of a senior coach in the middle of the trade period.

I'm sure you're OK with it. When looking at your club's off field situation, it's pretty clear that you don't hold your senior staff and officials to high standards.
Have you ever seen your president? I'm pretty sure he's an official and I've seen some crap spew out of him just in the last year that's more embarrassing than a mischievous tweet.

he was not acting appropriately in the right social circumstances. This is not what you want from a public figure or a leader, au contraire.

Leppitsch acted very appropriately by quickly re-assuring the fans of the AFL club he coaches, that two of the Lions young recruits, (Aish and Mayes) would not be traded. He did exactly what I would expect a coach to do. It quickly quashed all the unfounded speculation and rumour-mongering in the media and on social media.

How was what he said 'disgraceful'? His tweet was clearly directed at Lions fans. First two words were "BL fans.."

I'm not offended at his tweet, but I did find it unprofessional. Just because it was directed at Lions fans doesn't mean anything. The whole point of social media is that it's public. I'm not sure about your line of work, but in the professional environments that I've worked for, getting on social media and putting out provocative work-related statements will probably see me fired.

Unlike most, the issue I see with the tweet isn't the sarcastic Pendles comment, but the "don't listen to those who plan to destabilise us". Who's he accusing of trying to destabilise them? Collingwood? The club is just trying to get a fair outcome for losing one of their best players, they don't care about destabilising Brisbane. The media? They're paid to speculate on trades - is Leppitsch that paranoid that everyone is out to "destabilise" his club? The Collingwood fans? Is he really bringing himself down to the level of arguing with opposition fans as a coach?

In the end it just seems like an unnecessary and inflammatory tweet that you won't see Buckley or any of the other coaches in the AFL ever doing especially in the middle of intense trade negotiations.

Have you ever seen your president? I'm pretty sure he's an official and I've seen some crap spew out of him just in the last year that's more embarrassing than a mischievous tweet.

I'm pretty sure our president publicly apologised. That's what professionals do.

But by all means, keep behaving like a bush club with unprofessional staff. Go broke for all I care. Maybe there's another merger coming your way.

Leppitsch acted very appropriately by quickly re-assuring the fans of the AFL club he coaches, that two of the Lions young recruits, (Aish and Mayes) would not be traded. He did exactly what I would expect a coach to do. It quickly quashed all the unfounded speculation and rumour-mongering in the media and on social media.

In the middle of a trade, everything a senior official says is publicly analysed, particularly with a high value trade such as Beams departing the biggest club in the country. Talking about 'destabilising us' without mentioning who one refers to and talking about another club's captain – let alone the club you are negotiating with – in a mindless manner is, well, unprofessional.

I'm not offended at his tweet, but I did find it unprofessional. Just because it was directed at Lions fans doesn't mean anything. The whole point of social media is that it's public.

Of course it's public. That was the point. Speculation about Aish and Mayes was in the public arena and Leppitsch made sure that issue was settled.

I'm not sure about your line of work, but in the professional environments that I've worked for, getting on social media and putting out provocative work-related statements will probably see me fired.

Does what you specifically do, get discussed in the media?

Unlike most, the issue I see with the tweet isn't the sarcastic Pendles comment, but the "don't listen to those who plan to destabilise us". Who's he accusing of trying to destabilise them? Collingwood? The club is just trying to get a fair outcome for losing one of their best players, they don't care about destabilising Brisbane. The media? They're paid to speculate on trades - is Leppitsch that paranoid that everyone is out to "destabilise" his club? The Collingwood fans? Is he really bringing himself down to the level of arguing with opposition fans as a coach?

Schwab and Swann had made it quite clear previously that Aish and Mayes would not be traded. It seemed that the media and the general footballing public took no notice until Leppitsch finally shut down much of the rumour-mongering with his tweet. Just as I would expect someone who is in charge of the playing group to do. Whether it was done in response to player concerns about it, I don't know.

In the end it just seems like an unnecessary and inflammatory tweet that you won't see Buckley or any of the other coaches in the AFL ever doing especially in the middle of intense trade negotiations.

I doubt it would have made any difference to the trade negotiations. Hines and co. would have been told what the Lions position on Aish and Mayes would have been, long before then. The tweet from what I can see was not directed at the Collingwood Football Club. It was directed at the intense and continued media speculation about the futures of Aish and Mayes, repeated ad nauseum on social media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the middle of a trade, everything a senior official says is publicly analysed, particularly with a high value trade such as Beams departing the biggest club in the country. Talking about 'destabilising us' without mentioning who one refers to

It wasn't difficult to work out who that was, given the context of the tweet.

and talking about another club's captain – let alone the club you are negotiating with – in a mindless manner is, well, unprofessional.

And what did Leppitsch say about Collingwood's captain?

I'm pretty sure our president publicly apologised. That's what professionals do.

But by all means, keep behaving like a bush club with unprofessional staff. Go broke for all I care. Maybe there's another merger coming your way.
Hey man, I am agreeing with you on alot here but easy with the merger stuff.. after all it was Fitzroy who got the raw end of the stick in that merger.. Brisbane ended up digesting Fitzroy FC basically and consumed the clubs "nutritional value" and threw away the rest (it's identity and access for Fitzroy fans to attend home games).

. Brisbane ended up digesting Fitzroy FC basically and consumed the clubs "nutritional value" and threw away the rest (it's identity and access for Fitzroy fans to attend home games).

If you're going to bring Fitzroy and the events of 1996 into it, could you at least know what you're talking about, before you start making statements about it?

It wasn't difficult to work out who that was, given the context of the tweet.

And what did Leppitsch say about Collingwood's captain?

Plenty of Collingwood supporters took it as him talking about our club. It was ambiguous enough to leave that open to interpretation, he didn't specify that he was talking about the media.
He used our captain to make a joke about him wanting to leave. I can't imagine a professional coach doing anything like this. It really looks like a BF post.

Hey man, I am agreeing with you on alot here but easy with the merger stuff.. after all it was Fitzroy who got the raw end of the stick in that merger.. Brisbane ended up digesting Fitzroy FC basically and consumed the clubs "nutritional value" and threw away the rest (it's identity and access for Fitzroy fans to attend home games).

I don't care! (Edit: not about your opinion, about the fact that Fitzroy got the raw end of the stick – mergers make no sense to me and Brisbane's failure as a club is a testament to that)

Seems we are going to have to agree to disagree. I believe Leppa lacks maturity, and this again reared it's ugly head pardon the pun when he tweeted updates on twitter. And there's many other incidents, one of those was his sour relationship with Akermanis over the course of their careers, sure Aker was hard to get along with but if you were good enough you could get along with him, of which Leppa wasn't clearly, clearly he lacked maturity then and he lacks maturity now.

Well I am not going to go against Buckley as he was on our 1992 SANFL premiership side.
But why do the players not like Buckley?
He seems like a good bloke.
Also the job of the players is to listen to the coach and do their job to help win games... if there are personality clashes then they should be mature and get past that.

All the young blokes who didn't play under MM love him from reports and also most the young ones who were there when MM also do.

LMFAO you're on fire son. :thumbsu:

In the middle of a trade, everything a senior official says is publicly analysed, particularly with a high value trade such as Beams departing the biggest club in the country. Talking about 'destabilising us' without mentioning who one refers to and talking about another club's captain – let alone the club you are negotiating with – in a mindless manner is, well, unprofessional.

It showed a gross lack of maturity but then again I wouldn't expect anything less of Leppa.

I'd say Brisbane have just about the worst KPP's in the league now and unless they can trade for or recruit some ready made KPP's through FA it will take them years to develop... I'm not sure where people get the idea their list is in good shape?
Being that most of our KPP's were drafted in the same year that's a ridiculous comment

Of course it's public. That was the point. Speculation about Aish and Mayes was in the public arena and Leppitsch made sure that issue was settled.

If he had simply come out and said they won't be traded, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. No one had a problem with his simple tweet that "Reddo wasn't going anywhere". That was simple and effective and not inflammatory in any way.

Does what you specifically do, get discussed in the media?

Yes. Very publicly as well which makes it even more important not to bring anything into the public arena as it could jeopardise the M&A deal. Even if a rumoured takeover is wrong in the media you leave that well alone on social media and rely on official public statements. Imagine if every professional negotiation started being played out in public on social media.

Schwab and Swann had made it quite clear previously that Aish and Mayes would not be traded. It seemed that the media and the general footballing public took no notice until Leppitsch finally shut down much of the rumour-mongering with his tweet. Just as I would expect someone who is in charge of the playing group to do. Whether it was done in response to player concerns about it, I don't know.

If he's worried about his players, I'm sure he has better methods of contacting them rather than tweeting it out into public. The issue isn't saying Aish and Mayes won't be traded. The issue is him accusing us (whoever that is) of trying to destabilise the club. You haven't addressed that part of my response. Please explain who he means by those that are trying to destabilise the club and why he is accusing them of doing so.

I doubt it would have made any difference to the trade negotiations. Hines and co. would have been told what the Lions position on Aish and Mayes would have been, long before then. The tweet from what I can see was not directed at the Collingwood Football Club. It was directed at the intense and continued media speculation about the futures of Aish and Mayes, repeated ad nauseum on social media.

So why should a professional AFL coach care so much about media speculation and the media? Is he going to descend into a twitter war over every rumour that arises during the trade period? If it wouldn't have made any difference to the trade negotiations, why raise it publicly at all?

tissue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back