Traded Dougal Howard [traded to St Kilda with Ryder in complex deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Have been advised the Dogs approached Dougal Howard’s management with a 4 year deal. Port livid about it and aren’t entertaining offers for him.

So he is gone.

Thanks for clearing it up.

2020 R1(2-10)?

To be fair I hardly see any Port games. Haven't really watched 5-6 games a week the last 2-3 years like I used to. Say Howard is on the trade table, blah blah, blah and all that crap.

What is he like as a one on one defender? Dogs have heaps of rebounders, intercept defenders, but lack one on one, take on the strong forwards in the league type.

He’s just repeating a post from the Dogs’ board from a few days ago, almost verbatim. Can’t believe he’s used the word ‘advised’. Very funny.

I love the people who think they are in the know.

I don't believe any club official is advising any supporter of their trade week intentions.

1st round pick should get it done once he requests a trade

For a generational athlete....?

Once he leaves we will know how good he is, he will go from generational athlete to tweener who is beaten one on one too easily with question marks on his attitude and his disposal.

So why would go on a public forum and out him as a potential source?
This is what I don't get about these people who claim to have inside sources. Why bother sharing it with strangers on the internet, and potentially risk getting their supposed source into trouble, or risk getting themselves cut off from the info. Keep that s**t to yourself if you hear anything. Anyone who shares insider crap on BF is 99% of the time absolutely lying

My favourite was Majak Daw apparently hasn't shown anything at AFL level as a defender...

Apart from an entire year of very good games in his 1 year there, but ok.

My favourite was Majak Daw apparently hasn't shown anything at AFL level as a defender...

Apart from an entire year of very good games in his 1 year there, but ok.

Reading comprehension and context are important

The poster wanted to compare daws trade value to Howard’s, and also talked about daws ability to fulfil a key defender role going forward (daw will be 29 next season I believe and coming back from an injury).

If 99.99% of non north big footy fans don’t agree that daw has been a list filler his career I’ll eat my shoes

Hell the north board itself the past 10 years has been composed 25% of trade or delist talk about daw ffs.

So let’s not pretend he’s some elite defender in waiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know someone in the Club.
You mean you're a liar and took the info I shared with your board and manufactured it into you knowing someone at the club? Poor form.

Just as an aside, the info came from player managers I know and most of this stuff is pretty freely shared among industry folk as it's beneficial leverage from both a management or club perspective. If management or club don't want it leaked, it won't be.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 3.43.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 3.43.20 pm.png
    151 KB · Views: 271
The noise about Dougal is just the usual chatter where every player who is in a non-Vic team wants to play for a Melbourne team. Nothing more and go through the same stuff every year.

So you reckon the noise about Dougal stemmed from the Dogs making an approach?

FWIW the Dougal talk on the North board was from about two weeks ago, not sure how that marries up with the Dogs info time wise. I do know that we've only put any real focus into two Port players this year, Dougal being one and the other recently re-signed.

Would be complete and utter idiocy for Port to trade Dougal Howard now. But everything else we've done with his development this year has also been complete and utter idiocy, so we'll probably swap him for a third rounder.

He'll be an elite key defender under any coach not named Ken Hinkley. I can only hope that it's for us in 2021 rather than someone else in 2020.

So you reckon the noise about Dougal stemmed from the Dogs making an approach?
No doubt. I'd suggest clubs ask about anyone remotely useful to them and receive 'no' as an answer for most of them.

I'd imagine the conversation went:

Bulldogs: Hi Port, we like Dougal. Would you consider a trade?
Port: Not at all, he's contracted and we rate him.
Bulldogs: Ok, thanks for your time.

Queue months of BigFooty rumours.

No doubt. I'd suggest clubs ask about anyone remotely useful to them and receive 'no' as an answer for most of them.

I'd imagine the conversation went:

Bulldogs: Hi Port, we like Dougal. Would you consider a trade?
Port: Not at all, he's contracted and we rate him.
Bulldogs: Ok, thanks for your time.

Queue months of BigFooty rumours.

I remember earlier in the year having a squiz at your board for some reason and someone your board held in some regard mentioned the dogs had asked the question of Todd Marshall and he said thanks but I’m keen to stay where I am thanks

The poster mentioned the dogs had been doing the rounds to a number of kpp to see if there was any interest.

I remember earlier in the year having a squiz at your board for some reason and someone your board held in some regard mentioned the dogs had asked the question of Todd Marshall and he said thanks but I’m keen to stay where I am thanks

The poster mentioned the dogs had been doing the rounds to a number of kpp to see if there was any interest.
Yep it's a clear area of need for us at both ends. If our club weren't asking the question about KPPs at every club we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot, especially now that player contracts tend to be less iron-clad than they used to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back