Review Geelong defeats North by 60 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid win.

As it should have been

Hard to be unhappy with a 10 goal win.

Jezza gets 7

Tomma has 5

And Ollie Dempsey get a goal but more importantly does not look out of place at this level.
Gets 15 touches, 9 contested and kick 1.1. Really good effort from the kid.

Good to bank the win, dont like taking the foot off the pedal in the last to concede 5 goals.

2E had a great game, 12 between Tommy and Jezza. Stengle and Close were good too.

SDK again showed the flashes you want to see. Knows when to spoil when to drop off and cover and just makes smart footy decisions. Also a great 1% putting his body in the middle of it that resulted in a clearance and a goal for us.

Sel, Holmes, Stanley, Stewy, Atkins, Close, Kolo all good too.

Happy to get away with the 4 points and no injuries of note.

GO CAtters

Last edited:

Rhys Stanley.....Last week we saw the worst of him against Hawthorn.... And today we saw the Best of Stanley.... You certainly know how to frustrate us Rhys...
But congrats on a good game...

Good win that could have been better. Dempsey looks the goods found another cheapy with him.

I dislike the lack of killer instinct from this current Geelong side. We had a chance to really run up the score and build huge percentage instead eased up.

I’m also very concerned with our goal kicking 17.19 is not good and is becoming a trend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twin towers curently sit 1st and second on the coleman board.. Lovely to see.

Fourth quarter fade out and performance for a second week in a row concerning.. Is it a fitness problem or something else?? If we get out done again the fourth next week against fremantle you have to really ask that question of our fitness team in taylor. We need to run out games strongly

Hard to be unhappy with that. Our tackling was much better. I liked the nous Dempsey showed. Happy with Stengle's workrate. One goal he ran half the field to get into position for. It's a funny thing to say after kicking 121 but I feel our forward line structure needs a lot of work put into it. It'll cost us against the top teams.

Rhys Stanley.....Last week we saw the worst of him against Hawthorn.... And today we saw the Best of Stanley.... You certainly know how to frustrate us Rhys...
But congrats on a good game...
I thought he was exactly the same this week as last week.
Won the hitouts comfortably. Shouldered nearly all the ruckwork.

Good win that could have been better. Dempsey looks the goods found another cheapy with him.

I dislike the lack of killer instinct from this current Geelong side. We had a chance to really run up the score and build huge percentage instead eased up.

I’m also very concerned with our goal kicking 17.19 is not good and is becoming a trend.
Agree. We should have really Put them to the sword.

Lots of positives in that game. Dekonnig, holmes, stengle. More fast ball movement.

but one glaring weakness. clearances. Thumped last week by the hawks and now beaten soundly by the bottom team in north.

if we dont rectify it fast this season is going no where.

how do we rectify it? Other then a glorious return to past form from dangerfield i dont see where it could come from. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back