Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a man by the name of Mark Evans who despises everything Geelong. He corrupted the MRP when that was his domain, to the point that any Geelong player that came without walking distance received a suspension.

He has a huge chip on his shoulder and holds an almighty grudge.

Why? I don't know his bio exactly. I only listened a little to talk back today on SEN when they had a topic on a Cats home final. I was very surprised in the vitriolic calls especially those calling us 'whingers' and whiners. I would have thought we were model citizens who don't rock the boat. We are still the only team who don't get to play all their home games at home. On this topic suspect we'll play Saints, Melbourne, and Carlton or parts there of at Simonds next year to increase our home games to nine at home. We might even wear our home strip at home rather than on the gold coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? I don't know his bio exactly. I only listened a little to talk back today on SEN when they had a topic on a Cats home final. I was very surprised in the vitriolic calls especially those calling us 'whingers' and whiners. I would have thought we were model citizens who don't rock the boat. We are still the only team who don't get to play all their home games at home. On this topic suspect we'll play Saints, Melbourne, and Carlton or parts there of at Simonds next year to increase our home games to nine at home. We might even wear our home strip at home rather than on the gold coast.

Hawthorn. He was General Manager of football operations there from 2004-2013

The vibe is North is running third atm. And they need picks? Why I don't think they are particularly loaded with academy players this year they have 23 and 25 and will get more from other deals ... Hopper / Smith for instance.

Kelly is that good , that if anyone wants him they would and should be willing to cough up next year 2018 R1...but really its not something for us to worry about too much is it.

24 27 and 71 (their current picks) is the least they have had in years so they will want some picks for academy players etc.

I reckon north will want to keep their 2018 1st as it looks like possibly a better draft crop.

I think the key with Thurlow is to find his best position, is he a defender, winger or midfielder, im not too sure if the coaching staff know either.

His shot for goal in the last Q v Tiggies suggests he is a defender.

BUT

Kicking for goal has done quite a few heads in recently. Casboult, Taylor, Houli, Menegola...........But I have confidence committed footballers learn quickly.

If we do the Thurlow, Kolo trade for GAJ and a 3rd rounder, then we have lost the plot. No way.

I'd be ok with someone like GHS or Cowan going to GCFC with a late pick for GAJ, but that's it.

Agree, hope we don't go soft at the trade table.

I rate both blokes as up and coming while GAJ has reached his expiration date.

Wouldn't mind if we had a bit of a sniff at Colyer from Essendon.

Not sure if he would be gettable but he would suit the need for a small forward with pace and he wouldn't cost too much, but then again we would be dealing with EFC so asking price would likely be 2 first round picks and Hawkins.

Assuming we fall short and bow out in a prelim

Motlop out for a mid 2nd compo rd pick = Pick 30-33
Ablett in for our 2017 2nd rd pick = Pick 40-42
Hopper in for 2017 Carl Pick = Pick 19-20
Smith for Pick 30-33 & snd rd pick 2018)

Leaves us with a big list change:

In: Ablett, Hopper, Smith, Pick 58-60, Pick 76. Upgrade Simpson, ZGuthrie, Parsons
Out: Loners, Mackie, Motlop, Cowen, Hayball, Black (if not contracted), Esva, Abbott or Narkle (two re-rookie)

Stanley and GHS if anybody wants them.

For the last time Geelong will not trade it's youth for Ablett. The pressure is on the Suns. They can't afford to waste Abletts 600k they will be forced to release him to Geelong ala Sam Mitchell deal. Free up the cash so they can start re building their future.
Geelong are going fine. It's the Suns who are under the pump and we will not be trading anything of value for a bloke who has 15-30 games left in him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind if we had a bit of a sniff at Colyer from Essendon.

Not sure if he would be gettable but he would suit the need for a small forward with pace and he wouldn't cost too much, but then again we would be dealing with EFC so asking price would likely be 2 first round picks and Hawkins.
Why stop there? Bring in Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti because we are a smaller town you reckon he'd like it considering where he grew up.

Sadly AMD will be a Don for life

For the last time Geelong will not trade it's youth for Ablett. The pressure is on the Suns. They can't afford to waste Abletts 600k they will be forced to release him to Geelong ala Sam Mitchell deal. Free up the cash so they can start re building their future.
Geelong are going fine. It's the Suns who are under the pump and we will not be trading anything of value for a bloke who has 15-30 games left in him

Exactly what I think and much of their bluster is because of this.

In: Ablett, Hopper, Smith, Pick 58-60, Pick 76. Upgrade Simpson, ZGuthrie, Parsons
Out: Loners, Mackie, Motlop, Cowen, Hayball, Black (if not contracted), Esva, Abbott or Narkle (two re-rookie)

That would be a complete miracle, I'm in huge doubt that the Giants are going to let go of Smith and Hopper easily.

Two players Geelong should look at in this years draft

Hunter Clark (Dandenong Stingrays) - Clark is a James Kelly type player that can play as a midfielder or a defender. He is good by foot and has a great awareness of the game. Fearless player who has the calibre to be an elite AFL player. Will be selected between Picks 16-30.

Highlights

Toby Wooler (Oakleigh Chargers) - Charlie Curnow type player who has clean hands and is good on the ground. Wooler enjoys leading to the ball and likes to launch from distance on the run. Wooler however does lack some awareness as he sometimes will pick the wrong option. Still Wooler has a great awareness around Goal and will be a great pickup for whichever team snags him. Could be a Future star if he improves some aspects of his game. Will get better with experience. Will be selected between Picks 12-36, don't be suprised if he is overlooked for Ballerden or Stephenson.
Wooler doesn't have a video on him but there will be highlights from him in this clip. He kicked 11 goals in 11 games in the TAC Cup playing further up the ground in the middle.

Highlights

Two VFL prospects that Geelong should look at

James Tsitas (Geelong VFL) - Contested ball winner who's draft class was two years ago. Consistent performer in the VFL and can Also play as a half back flanker. Tsitas didn't have the right attitude as a draftee and at times was lazy. However, he has worked his ass off and has seriously impressed in a side that has been crucified with injuries. Believe he has it in him to follow in the footsteps of Menegola and Stewart

A video of Tsitas, three seasons ago

James Ferry (Essendon VFL) - A rock in defence for the Bombers, Ferry was unlucky not to be selected. Injury plagued him early in his career but he has started to string together some games. With Lonergan, Mackie and Taylor on the road to retirement, we need ready made replacements to ensure there's a smooth transistion. There isn't much talent KPD wise in the draft, Clavarino and swingman Balta the expections so Ferry may be a vital player for many teams in the draft. His best position is as a third tall and he could allow Kolo to play on the Wing, Stewart to play as a HBF. The only depth in defence we have is House and Gardner so Ferry could be a great pickup. Will likely go in the national draft between Picks 50 and 90. No video on him

Last edited:
Two Potential Free Agents that Geelong may consider picking up

Jasper Pittard (Port Adelaide) - Oh it went so well for Pittard in 2016. Blistering form, just missing out on the All Australian Team, Pittard has endured a horrendous 2017. Dropped twice and with Hinkley preferring Houston, Pittard looks like he may be shipped off. He is an UFA meaning Port Adelaide cannot match a deal. Blessed with a silky skill set and pace, Pittard thrives on taking the game on. His kick is a worry with a disposal efficiency of under 70%. Alongside Thuoy and Bews, Geelong could have some serious firepower and speed coming off the backline.

Highlights Below

Levi Casboult (Carlton) - Our love with getting Carlton players may continue with Levi out of contract and a UFA at seasons end. Casboult has kicked 31 goals and has not been tormented like usual in front of the big sticks only recording 18 behinds to go with that nice goal tally. He has a nice pair of hands and can even pinch hit in the ruck if needed. Geelong lack support to Hawkins and with there being limited options, Levi could fill a gaping hill in our list. Esava Ratagoluea is still raw, Buzza is learning the game and settling well, while Black and Stanley has not taken their numerous chances. Could the chance of winning an elusive flag, tempt Levi Casboult into leaving Carlton, we will see.....

Highlights Below, there weren't many here is the best latest I could find

Why stop there? Bring in Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti because we are a smaller town you reckon he'd like it considering where he grew up.

Was actually thinking that Colyer seems to have had his place taken by AMT and that he might be looking for regular game time and that he wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg to recruit

The three bolded players were all drafted last year and as such are under contract for another 12 months. When was the last time the club delisted a player 12 months after being drafted, and secondly while still under contract?

Not sure what the process is regarding delisting contracted players to in turn re-rookie - once delisted they are a free agent and available to any team before the rookie draft and obviously during the rookie draft. If it was a case of being able to drop players to the rookie list in the same manner as being able to elevate them it would be an easier process.

More realistic is that Zuthrie & Simpson spend another 12 months on the rookie list, but with the commitment to upgrade them next year.

That would be the snatch of the century if we got him, and by god. A straight swap Motters for AMD would be :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back