• Izak Rankine

• Harry Schoenberg

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our problem with our poor list management is not trading players when they have value, to refresh/renew our list.

Port have Conor Rozee, who we should have got, because they've got competent list management who are prepared to make hard decisions and flicked Wingard (and got Burton in the deal).

We've got multiple old players who are fading away into irrelevance, who we could've traded when they have value, to refresh our list - not keep them and select them when they're falling off a cliff. Smith the most obvious, Laird not far behind.
We could have traded up to pick 5 without trading out players but Rozee clearly wasn't our target, they were Lukosicious or Rankine and to get pick 2 or 3 required a lot more than we were willing to give up. I recall GCS was asking for 2 first rounders for either 2 or 3 with one of them an early 1st rounder since this was consider a "Super draft". I wouldn't have traded Laird as he was clearly our best midfielder and luckily we didn't given the quick decline of M.Crouch and Sloane so we would've been left with no experience, on hindsight Smith was definitely the player we should have traded after we invested heavily in Milera.

AFL have said because they did a concussion test it was upgraded to severe impact, where as the Bulldogs didn't do a concussion test on Smith....which was why Pickett got two only. Maybe the AFL need to ask the Bulldogs wtf they were doing not putting Smith through HIA???
I am sure Baileys lawyer is making notes right now for a future action against the AFL

We could have traded up to pick 5 without trading out players but Rozee clearly wasn't our target, they were Lukosicious or Rankine and to get pick 2 or 3 required a lot more than we were willing to give up. I recall GCS was asking for 2 first rounders for either 2 or 3 with one of them an early 1st rounder since this was consider a "Super draft". I wouldn't have traded Laird as he was clearly our best midfielder and luckily we didn't given the quick decline of M.Crouch and Sloane so we would've been left with no experience, on hindsight Smith was definitely the player we should have traded after we invested heavily in Milera.

Rozee not being our target doesn't compliment our list management team?

Luko/Rank were almost never happening - so you're saying because we couldn't get one of the impossible targets, we shouldn't had still maximised the value of our pick?

A local kid who was clearly going to be a gun, and looks sensational through the start of his career?

Rozee was 100% on the table for us, and we allowed Port to shaft us (and get Burton in the deal).

Laird being our best midfielder is why we should've traded him - late 20s, low hurt player, high value.
M Crouch another one - we should've traded him when he was a gun, instead we completely devalued our own player to the point we couldn't give him away.

Our list management is a joke.

Rozee not being our target doesn't compliment our list management team?

Luko/Rank were almost never happening - so you're saying because we couldn't get one of the impossible targets, we shouldn't had still maximised the value of our pick?

A local kid who was clearly going to be a gun, and looks sensational through the start of his career?

Rozee was 100% on the table for us, and we allowed Port to shaft us (and get Burton in the deal).

Laird being our best midfielder is why we should've traded him - late 20s, low hurt player, high value.
M Crouch another one - we should've traded him when he was a gun, instead we completely devalued our own player to the point we couldn't give him away.

No, I'm saying he wasn't clearly our target so we never even tried to trade to pick 5 to get him but I would have done the trade with Fremantle to get to pick 5 as this would have given us a better chance to get to pick 2 or 3 but then we probably would have went with Jones at 5 lol and Laird wasn't in his late 20s in 2018.

This shows the level of your knowledge in assessing players
Tell that to the others with even some of them were saying Jones has caught up to his development. I always thought he would be a very good forward as there were question mark about his mentality as a midfielder to chase and do the hard defense work which I'm not seeing in Rachele.

Last edited:
Tell that to the others were even some them were saying Jones has caught up to his development. I always thought he would be a very good forward as there were question mark about his mentality as a midfielder to chase and do the hard defense work which I'm not seeing in Rachele.
Idiots the lot of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did GC refuse any offers for picks 2 or 3 though? Pr!cks could have strung us along until the Poo got into an unassailable lead for pick 5, which they paid a lot for in players and picks, and started very early in their campaign for pick 5.

Also we'd payed off in a GF the year before and while we had a bad year in 2018, it'd be a very brave club to dismantle their list so soon after contending (there was also the off-field sh!tshow that was happening but let's not talk about that).

When did GC refuse any offers for picks 2 or 3 though? Pr!cks could have strung us along until the Poo got into an unassailable lead for pick 5, which they paid a lot for in players and picks, and started very early in their campaign for pick 5.

Also we'd payed off in a GF the year before and while we had a bad year in 2018, it'd be a very brave club to dismantle their list so soon after contending (there was also the off-field sh!tshow that was happening but let's not talk about that).
I recall GCS only saying they were willing to trade pick 2 or 3 very late in the trade period but demanded 2 1st rounders with one of them being a very early pick. We also suffered a lot of injuries early in 2018 with Sloane and M.Crouch both ruled out for long periods (that's when Gibbs was playing his best football for us and lead our B&F count) so as expected thought we were still in the premiership contention the following year and even entered the season as one of the premiership favourite.

Last edited:
Idiots the lot of them.
You didn't question Rozee's ability to transition into the midfield? I still don't think he has the mindset to go hard enough at the ball but Rachele is a beast hunting the ball carrier which is totally different when he played up forward. I knew he had the talent with some of the disposal he did in the midfield last year but didn't know he had this extra hardness.

You didn't question Rozee's ability to transition into the midfield? I still don't think he has the mindset to go hard enough at the ball but Rachele is a beast hunting the ball carrier which is totally different when he played up forward. I knew he had the talent with some of the disposal he did in the midfield last year but didn't know he had this extra hardness.
Rozee has looked quality from the get go.
He did more in his first 3 games than Chayce ever has.
Not sure why anyone would ever compare them.

Rozee has looked quality from the get go.
He did more in his first 3 games than Chayce ever has.
Not sure why anyone would ever compare them.
He looked a quality forward from the get go in his first season but slowdown in his 2nd season so what was your thought when he tried to transition into the midfield and then even loss his quality up forward after being s**t in the midfield last year??? You didn't think his development stalled and Jones was catching up?

Good:
Rachelle
Pedlar
Maxy's debut

Bad:
Smith
Schoenberg

Ugly:
Laird
Nicks coaching (same sort of his usual stuff ups)
  • No RT in the side
  • Brown in the side from no where
  • Using Sloane on Dawsons wing
  • Leaving Laird in the middle when he was having a shocker.

Give the kids time in the middle

No, not like that.

Leave the kids in, swap out a clearly struggling Laird for Keays it's really not that hard. One old fart and two of the kids in for centre bounces.

No one has said/promoted all kids must make up the midfield - we are just against the Sloane/Laird/Keays/Crouch combo that Nicksy gave us for his first two and a half seasons.

He looked a quality forward from the get go in his first season but slowdown in his 2nd season so what was your thought when he tried to transition into the midfield and then even loss his quality up forward after being s**t in the midfield last year??? You didn't think his development stalled and Jones was catching up?
Previous poster is absolutely spot on. Even in Rozee’s worst year, his output was head and shoulders above anything Jones has ever produced. Rozee has scored 20+ goals in every year bar his second and last year averaged 24 touches and a goal a game. That is bordering on elite status.

Jones on the other hand is a below average footballer who is struggling to keep his career alive. Please don’t compare the two… and we were wrong, wrong and more wrong in not trying to land Rozee at the time. Kudos to Port for making it happen… and now I feel dirty.

Jones has not improved, hes never looked like it.
There is and never was a comparison.
Players always go through troughs at some stage, Rose had proved he had what it took, Jones is well off that.

Most shocking thing about those stats is that we got 5 centre clearances.
The interesting but controversial aspect of this data is that our forwards contributed greatly to our loss
Poor accuracy, snap happy shots when one more short pass would be better AND... ZERO TACKLES in our forward 50.
They got talked up big time over the summer. Maybe they enjoyed the taste of bathwater just a little too much?

I'm expecting a massive response this week.

Jones has not improved, hes never looked like it.
There is and never was a comparison.
Players always go through troughs at some stage, Rose had proved he had what it took, Jones is well off that.
He played some good games last year though which was an improvement to him being s**t the previous years.

Last edited:
Back