Hawthorn FC worst nightmare the 2017 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the best players going around this year as talented as Francis?

Slightly off topic but it has to be said.....what a surprise the first 3 replies to your post was from Saints fans. They're obsessed with this bloke. Francis should get a security guard outside his house.

How would St Kilda be feeling right now?

Pretty bloody good, that trade with the Hawks already looked good when we made it last year but looks even better now.

It gives us a good opportunity to draft the A grade midfielder we need.

Hawks don't look like regrouping anytime soon. But at this stage the very first pick they have in the 2017 draft is GWS Second Round pick. I am expecting GWS to finish high in 2017 and their second round to be a pick in late 30's to easily 40's

But the fact is as part of last years plans to bring in Jaegar O'Meara, they had to make trades with a number of teams, one being St Kilda to get Pick 10 which was used to forward to the Suns. In exchange the Hawks gave Saints their 2017 FIRST ROUND pick which the reality is at this very moment Hawks sit last on the ladder and it looking like being Pick 1 in this years draft.
Could St Kilda end up with the Hawks pick 1 this year? Would that give the Hawks coaching staff, recruiters and board members have migraines for the remainder of the year knowing this?

We got their future 1st rounder plus 23 and 36 in 2016 for #10 and 68 in 2016.

We drafted Long ( from Footscray winning VFL) and Battle, seen as the best forward in the draft.

So yeah, pretty happy.

Dont forget Hawks got JOM who could be anything if his knee comes good.

It's the worst nightmare, not for us but for the number 1 draft pick. Fancy getting your career destroyed by St Kilda :$ :$

Heh yep, Nick Riewoldt would have kicked more then Dunstall at your mob, we sure screwed him good, heck Harvey would have won 5 brownlows in a row at the Hawks :D:p

Yup we're totally screwed... It's sickening the risks this club has taken in the last era with only three flags to show for it....

God I wish I supported a successful club like {insert OPs team and/or other thread fanboi's teams} !!!

PS - Jaeger will be a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riewoldt-Goddard-McCartin

Given one is an immortal now of our club, and another we sucked the Bombers into taking I would say pick 1 has been very kind to us. Compared to every other club with the exception of the Hawks.
sucked us in? he's been awesome for 5 years. we waste him in defence though.

Trading out 3 of your top players AND your future 1st rd pick should only ever be done if you are going to bring in a ready to go elite star.
Esp when you go and get Vickery as cover for the ? on a player of Roughead's ilk and your ruck depth.

Jaeger was a massive gamble. Whether he turns out good or not, he has cost them a good couple of years of quality in the rebuild.
23 & 36 were good picks to have in the 2016 draft. And where they are going to be in 2017 could have got them a top line talent.
Not many top 10 picks fail with recent trends in drafting

Nick wouldn't have had his dick all over the web that's for sure. :$ And Harvey would've had a flag or two.

Yeah but then you would not have got Big McEvoy, heck your club is showing how much you appreciate that by tanking for us this season, so you know you woulda missed big Ben :p

sucked us in? he's been awesome for 5 years. we waste him in defence though.

Trading out 3 of your top players AND your future 1st rd pick should only ever be done if you are going to bring in a ready to go elite star.
Esp when you go and get Vickery as cover for the ? on a player of Roughead's ilk and your ruck depth.

Jaeger was a massive gamble. Whether he turns out good or not, he has cost them a good couple of years of quality in the rebuild.
23 & 36 were good picks to have in the 2016 draft. And where they are going to be in 2017 could have got them a top line talent.
Not many top 10 picks fail with recent trends in drafting

To be fair though if your team had the 10 years the Hawks just have had you could wear this crap for a little while at least. 3 in a row, heck no guarantee either of us will even see 3 flags for our club this century.

Yeah but then you would not have got Big McEvoy, heck your club is showing how much you appreciate that by tanking for us this season, so you know you woulda missed big Ben :p
3(?) time premiership player McEvoy.
Even if it is pick 1, Hawks can warm themselves in the glow of the cups.
It says volumes of their dominance how quickly everyone is to gloat when the drop off sets in.

that said, Jaeger was still a stupid trade

3(?) time premiership player McEvoy.
Even if it is pick 1, Hawks can warm themselves in the glow of the cups.
It says volumes of their dominance how quickly everyone is to gloat when the drop off sets in.

that said, Jaeger was still a stupid trade

My last reply to you shows how little I am gloating over this. Dr Evil and I were having a little joke with each other, he knows I was not serious :)

Hawks don't look like regrouping anytime soon. But at this stage the very first pick they have in the 2017 draft is GWS Second Round pick. I am expecting GWS to finish high in 2017 and their second round to be a pick in late 30's to easily 40's

But the fact is as part of last years plans to bring in Jaegar O'Meara, they had to make trades with a number of teams, one being St Kilda to get Pick 10 which was used to forward to the Suns. In exchange the Hawks gave Saints their 2017 FIRST ROUND pick which the reality is at this very moment Hawks sit last on the ladder and it looking like being Pick 1 in this years draft.
Could St Kilda end up with the Hawks pick 1 this year? Would that give the Hawks coaching staff, recruiters and board members have migraines for the remainder of the year knowing this?

At Hawthorn, our worst nightmare is not winning the flag every year. We don't measure our success by high draft picks, nor do we celebrate them, unlike your mob.
Carlton-Draft-Picks.jpg

To be fair though if your team had the 10 years the Hawks just have had you could wear this crap for a little while at least. 3 in a row, heck no guarantee either of us will even see 3 flags for our club this century.
i saw 4 last century :)
But yes, this is a blip. It hurts cos it was unnecessary and a bit deluded to think Jaeger was worth 3 kids.
Parfitt, Battle and a top 5 kid this year > Jaeger with the ? on his future. He isn't a Treloar style signing where he is a known quantity coming in.

We got their future 1st rounder plus 23 and 36 in 2016 for #10 and 68 in 2016.

We drafted Long ( from Footscray winning VFL) and Battle, seen as the best forward in the draft.

So yeah, pretty happy.

Dont forget Hawks got JOM who could be anything if his knee comes good.

Not sure if Hawks would see O'Meara as Pick 1 material. I think will be a very good player for next 10 or so years but I'd rather have Pick 1 in any draft

Jaegar was taken 1 in Mini Draft but that was before series of injurys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back