Is Damien Hardwick the greatest coach of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, why not

Won 3 out of the last 4 flags, with 2020 being one of the toughest flags to win due to all the external distractions

Nice copy paste. You forgot to add this:

Collingwood's famous coach, Jock McHale, could not attend the 1930 Grand Final, being confined to bed with the flu. Veteran administrator, club treasurer and former premiership player Bob Rush took charge in his place. Nevertheless, following a decision by AFL historians in 2014, McHale is now credited as Collingwood's sole coach in the game for the purposes of coaching statistics.
At half time, Rush delivered what Harry Collier recalled was one of the most inspirational speeches that he had ever heard...
Is that true

if so disrespectful to Rush

Not so good away from the MCG though and last years doesn’t really change that because - Geelong.
Dimma ain't the Goat but spare me with this BS logic...

No home games in months, beating Port in Adelaide and a neutral GF.

If that was an interstate team who did the same they would be claiming it as the hardest GF win in history.

Dimma ain't the Goat but spare me with this BS logic...

No home games in months, beating Port in Adelaide and a neutral GF.

If that was an interstate team who did the same they would be claiming it as the hardest GF win in history.
According to some Weagles supporters, the mere activity of getting on a plane to go play a match is the hardest thing ever.

Strangely this affliction doesn't affect Freo...

Comparing coaches from different era’s is too hard. Prior to the AFL era there wasn’t any equalization. Teams with cash were able to buy flags and retain/ attract gun players. Not to mention completely different levels of coaching, training equipment etc...

With equalization coaching is far more important now. We saw Scott win a flag in his first year as he had a superstar team filled with superstar father/sons and 7-8 guns across just 2 x drafts. We saw Bolton win 5 out of 5 when Clarkson was sick, but Bolton later proved he can’t coach. We saw Alan Joyce coach a superstar Hawks team to glory and so on..... players made the coach.

But now with salary cap, 18 x teams, soft cap, far greater analysis of draftees etc.... id suggest most playing lists ebb and flow with the same overall level of ‘talent’. So the most crucial element is knowing how to maximise your team’s assets via gameplan and system, and how to make the most of the ‘talent’ as your disposal via motivation etc..... And how to coach and develop rookies and lower draft picks etc...and coach in a way to make everyone play as a team with a team first attitude where the glory of the individual comes second.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain?

I doubt you can, but I'd be interested in your reasoning

I’ll explain.

Eagles fans rate their list superior to Richmond’s .... so it makes them super salty to see us with 3 flags in this era when they have 1 - Tim Kelly was going to take them to the promised land..... along with NicNat, Gaff etc..... but alas, Simmo and the team choked on their weeties v the Pies, losing the unloseable. As they did against the Hawks in the final round of 2019.

3 flags to 1 can only mean Hardwick has Simpson well covered given the Eagles list is superior.

And Simmo is still thanking his lucky stars Buckley and the Pies did the hard work in 2018 to save it from being 4-0 to Dimma

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Never seen a coach bring a club from such a low point to such a high, has to be the greatest with more greatness to come!

Can't think of any comparison in what he's done.

Clarkson not considered just a coach anymore? Alistar has reached God status?

Since someone locked the Hardwick rumours thread ill put the article up here. https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-leadership-at-tigerland-20210129-p56xoo.html A quick snippet of the article below. Already divisions have emerged at Tigerland as club leaders work publicly to downplay the Hardwicks’ marriage break-up as simply another sad tale of our times. It is intriguing that the club has still not put Trent Cotchin in front of the media after wife Brooke’s pointed social media commentary over Christmas. Jack Riewoldt’s “business as usual″⁣ claim BELIED the difficult conversations Hardwick has undertaken with his players and his shrinking group of coaches. Konrad Marshall’s chronicle of the journey to the 2019 flag speaks of how the coach held up a large rock inscribed with Danielle and family, revealing them as his key motivation. As recently as last June,
If there’s one thing Caro loves more than Richmond, it’s taking the opportunity to sink the slipper into Richmond.
She claims that ‘already divisions have emerged’ but provides no examples of it, and blabs a whole bunch of garbage we already know mixed in with her opinion.
Given the story broke 4 weeks ago, it seems like it’s just written for some easy clicks.

Not really why she (a big journo) wait so many week's on a big news story for the dust to settle at her/our club before doing a Sandra sully (late)news piece hmmmmm.:think:

It's quite well written given the difficult subject matter and her obvious dearth of sources at the club, but in the end it's really an opinion piece containing no new information.

Middle aged men seeking lost youth via nubile love interest is nothing new. I wonder, is he still a Richmond man? Will he have enough energy reserves left over after spilling his juices daily to guide is magnificent team to a 4th flag? Will he maintain his edge?

Do you guys think this will.blow over quickly or worried how it may play out internally

In media circles it will only blow over as quickly as the AFL media circus wish it to, versus how it will play out internally - no worries at all.
Full disclosure - I have no inside knowledge only my own person opinion to go by so there will be no masquerading of opinion pretending to be fact in the following assessment.

No one should ever be foolish enough to comment on other person's relationship. No relationship ever expires before its use by date, although many linger on for far too long. A relationship that has run its course does not signal failure, it is simply an ending of one chapter ready for the beginning of another. What 2020 has clearly shown is that life is too short to stay in relationships where you are not happy, regardless of what the new found moralistic society lynch mobs would have you believe. The old till death do you part philosophy is as archaic as it is dangerous.

Just like all clubs many of the RFC players will have experienced their own marriage or relationship problems or breakups, however, when on the training track or playing the game they are there to do their job of playing football regardless what anyone's personal circumstances are at that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back