News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Luko was a Port Adelaide supporter growing up.

Rankine more of a need but much greater risk as well. Luko will be 200 game Ayer regardless. Rankine could be a Brownlow medalist or be out of AFL within two years
nope. crows supporter growing up.. pretty sure I also remember an interview in his draft year saying his family were all crows supporters too apart from his grandfather.

Rankine could be our Akermanis or he could be Troy Menzel

furthermore, port look more likely to start their slide rather than be a GF contender..

Is this just wishful thinking? I see it repeated constantly by many on here, but just can't really see it happening just yet.

Over the past 2 years they have a regular season record of 31 wins 8 losses and a finals record of 2-2 with one of the losses being by 6 points to eventual premier Richmond. With the exception of their shocking 2 quarters against the Bulldogs - there ain't a lot to dislike about Ports last 2 years.

Their best 22 only had 5 players over 30 this year (Boak/Gray/Dixon/Jonas/Motlop) with 6 of their top 8 from the best and fairest being 27 and under. They also have a really talented group of first round draft picks with 20 - 60 games of experience range that could take a big step next year. (Bergman/Georgiades/Duursma/Butters/Rozee/Marshall). Depending on what they do in the trade period - who knows what adjustments they could make in 2022.

To think that with all of our troubles over the past few years and our performance showing a 10-29 record we are a preferred landing spot over port - based solely on Dawson signing with us is laughable.*

*For the record I definitely like what we have done the past 2 years.

Is this just wishful thinking? I see it repeated constantly by many on here, but just can't really see it happening just yet.

Over the past 2 years they have a regular season record of 31 wins 8 losses and a finals record of 2-2 with one of the losses being by 6 points to eventual premier Richmond. With the exception of their shocking 2 quarters against the Bulldogs - there ain't a lot to dislike about Ports last 2 years.

Their best 22 only had 5 players over 30 this year (Boak/Gray/Dixon/Jonas/Motlop) with 6 of their top 8 from the best and fairest being 27 and under. They also have a really talented group of first round draft picks with 20 - 60 games of experience range that could take a big step next year. (Bergman/Georgiades/Duursma/Butters/Rozee/Marshall). Depending on what they do in the trade period - who knows what adjustments they could make in 2022.

To think that with all of our troubles over the past few years and our performance showing a 10-29 record we are a preferred landing spot over port - based solely on Dawson signing with us is laughable.*

Port can't compete with top sides - they have good win/loss because they win all the games they are expected to win. Not sure how they improve with the mature squad?

Who cares about overall win/loss records..

What counts is win/loss records against the best teams (the top 4 teams). Go check out their recent record there.. its uttery abysmal.
They are the comps biggest downhill skiers.

You dont play any of the bottom 10 sides when you play in prelims.

I think Dawson looks a much better prospect than Luko. I prefer the attack on the contest, the hardness when it matters.

I’m still all in for Rankine though. He just screams player to me. I’m hoping he wants to come back before his price sky rockets… but as others have mentioned there is risk.

I’d be happy to risk Rankine, with our new coaches I reckon he’d be able to develop into a quality player.
With Rankine, I am not worried about on field stuff. He is THAT talented that he will dazzle regardless of the coach. It is the off field stuff and influences tha worry me. Nicks couldn’t help Stengle stay away from those influences and on the straight and narrow nit sure how he helps with Rankine.
If we still had Eddie around, them sure but we don’t and Rankine all of a sudden is a assive risk.

I am still willing to take it but it would depend on what ir would cost.

With Rankine, I am not worried about on field stuff. He is THAT talented that he will dazzle regardless of the coach. It is the off field stuff and influences tha worry me. Nicks couldn’t help Stengle stay away from those influences and on the straight and narrow nit sure how he helps with Rankine.
If we still had Eddie around, them sure but we don’t and Rankine all of a sudden is a assive risk.

I am still willing to take it but it would depend on what ir would cost.
I am not aware of any off field problems with Rankine?

if lukocious decides he wants to come home and asks for a trade.. it wont matter how deep port have been into him he will still be engaging with the crows for their interest..

and the crows can outbid port moneywise… have a very likable coach that’s fast gaining a great reputation in the AFL… have just added the best fitness bloke in the business which potential tradees will be extremely keen to train under.. furthermore, port look more likely to start their slide rather than be a GF contender.. and finally the icing on the cake, Luko and his family are all crows supporters.

if crows want him we‘d be in the box seat regardless of how much work port put in.

Lukosios will 100% see out his contract next year then request a trade home. Pretty sure both clubs are aware of this. Game on

I am not aware of any off field problems with Rankine?
loves sex and drugs

wouldnt take long for the latter to get into the media if he came to Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve already landed our preferred Luko prototype. Just haggling with Sydney over price

Interesting. Initially Lukosius projected as a lead up centre half forward, do people still think he can play that role or will he remain at halfback/wing?

If not, would he still be seen as a priority after signing Dawson and assuming continued progression by Thilthorpe and Fogarty in 2022?

Interesting. Initially Lukosius projected as a lead up centre half forward, do people still think he can play that role or will he remain at halfback/wing?

If not, would he still be seen as a priority after signing Dawson and assuming continued progression by Thilthorpe and Fogarty in 2022?
I think both Jack and Izak are 2 very lucky roosters - right place right time to land big $$$ extensions they wouldn’t have gotten anywhere else. Izak been no good and Jack 10th in the B&F playing a nothing role.

Unless Jack wants to get himself up forward, compete, and kick 40-50, he won’t be worth the trade cost to GC or salary he’s accustomed to. Izak would need to at least show some application next or I don’t think Nicks would even want him as part of a hard working team first group. Both disappointing in their own ways - 2022 big Year for both.

I actually think that Lukosius would be excellent in the Tom Lynch, connector type role and I suspect if we were to get him, we would have that role in mind for him long term. His kicking skills delivering into the forward line to the likes of Thilthorpe and Fogarty would be exactly what the doctor ordered for that type of role.

Our need for such type of player may not be as great with Dawson coming in but you can never have many good kicks in the team.

Rankine would just be that electric Betts replacement with potentially going into the midfield as well IF he gets it together which probably won't be the case.

I actually think that Lukosius would be excellent in the Tom Lynch, connector type role and I suspect if we were to get him, we would have that role in mind for him long term. His kicking skills delivering into the forward line to the likes of Thilthorpe and Fogarty would be exactly what the doctor ordered for that type of role.

Our need for such type of player may not be as great with Dawson coming in but you can never have many good kicks in the team.

Based on Justin Reid's comments + his performances for Sydney this season, I wouldn't be surprised if we had something similar in mind for Dawson.

1633667159940.png

Port can't compete with top sides - they have good win/loss because they win all the games they are expected to win. Not sure how they improve with the mature squad?

And how does that make them regress next year? Especially with a that young group of first round draft picks turning into hardened AFL players?

And how does that make them regress next year? Especially with a that young group of first round draft picks turning into hardened AFL players?

The reduction in output from Boak and Gray will hurt them. Plus Dixon, Motlop and Jonas all over 30. While Georgiadis is a good player not sure he and Marshall are right for the primary forward role on the best defender. I can see them falling away a little to be honest. This was there year and they just dont have it.

I reckon Rankine isn't playing up to potential at GC because he really doesn't want to be there. He's a highly skilled player with bucketloads of potential but he's not the type of disciplined workhorse who's going to grind their way through.
Doing his best to get to Adelaide or anywhere other than GC I reckon, if he plays well all the time he's harder to trade out.

He's either a bit unprofessional or he's just not as good as we all thought. Either way not great, but he'll still have a very good AFL career unless he totally loses the plot.
I'd take the chance on him at any reasonable cost.

I reckon Rankine isn't playing up to potential at GC because he really doesn't want to be there. He's a highly skilled player with bucketloads of potential but he's not the type of disciplined workhorse who's going to grind their way through.
Doing his best to get to Adelaide or anywhere other than GC I reckon, if he plays well all the time he's harder to trade out.

He's either a bit unprofessional or he's just not as good as we all thought. Either way not great, but he'll still have a very good AFL career unless he totally loses the plot.
I'd take the chance on him at any reasonable cost.
At this point he looks like Richard Tambling MII.

Is still take the risk though if the price wasn’t too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back